Profile for Mr Ian Lynes > Reviews

Content by Mr Ian Lynes

Mr Ian Lynes

Lenovo Yoga 10-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.2)
Offered by uk-dealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet I ever had .., 12 Nov. 2013
This is the 3rd tablet in my family and I have to say it's impressive. I have the 10" Lenovo Yoga Tablet with Wifi (they also do 8" versions and ones with 3G).

First off it feels pretty rugged like most Lenovo stuff does - it won't break easily if my kids get their hands on it. It is a nice metallic finish though the back is actually plastic it is not "plasticky" if you know what I mean. It feels solid.

It is standard Android, which I like, and setting up was very simple with all my apps and things being simple to get going. It asked for the wifi early on which is obvious but better than some other setups and made it all faster.

What I like

- The Stand - the most amazing about this tablet is the stand. It's built in and simply twists out -again it is rugged and feels like it won't break. The cool thing is it lets you stand the tablet up (which I do a lot more than I thought I would) when looking a the web, watching youtube and looking at photos etc.

- More "modes". Lenovo calls it multimode as you can put the stand out to sit the tablet up - but you can also lay the tablet down with the stand out and it gives you a nice typing angle when you are writing on it. It's actually not bad when typing emails and stuff. You can also put the stand away and the whole edge of the tablet - which stores the cylinder battery acts like a kind of handle that makes it pretty easy to hold. Feels more comfortable than my other tablets which are the old fashioned shape.

- Battery life - Oh yeah the think I really like (probably as much as the stand) is the battery life - the battery is actually quite big - though it doesn't seem like it due to the shape and it being like a handle - but it means you get a LOT longer life out of this thing. I have to charge my others every night but this one seems to last much longer. They say around 18 hours but I have not got that far yet.

- On / off switch - I get irritated by some off switches being close to the volume buttons but on the Lenovo the whole end of the battery is the on/off button so it's easy to do that now. The volume buttons are on the other end ;-)

- Buttons - generally the buttons and ports are well laid out so no more accidents. The headphone socket is the other end of the battery to the on/off which is handy. The speakers are on the front to the sound is pretty good too. The cameras are placed so you don't have your thumb over them and the micro-USB is similarly easy to get to.

- The Price - well there seem to be lots of offers at the moment so the price is really nice - compared to other tablets with shorter battery life and no stand it's a great price especially with Christmas coming.

- The quality - I sort of mentioned this already but the more I think about it the more I think it's pretty childproof. My kids will destroy most things but will struggle with this one...

What I didn't like

- To be honest there is not much to not like. I read about the back being plastic but it feels fine to me - and quite good quality. I did try and pop another micro SD into the 2nd slot a few times before I realized it's not a slot!

- The case is a problem - they don't sell them yet - looking around it seems like there are some coming soon but with such a unique shape you need the Lenovo case - they should have sold those at the same time!

- Screen - I saw people complaining that the screen resolution is not good but to me it seems fine - and for the price I don't want to pay like double for a high res screen - video and pictures look fine to me so maybe that is one for techies.

All in all I'm very happy after a week or so with my new tablet. There are lots out there and although I already have mine I did a quick check in John Lewis at the weekend and I'm still happy I bought the Lenovo. What you get for the money you really can't fault and it's the only one I can find with the stand that folds in and I think the battery is more than any of the others too.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2014 12:22 AM GMT