Profile for J. Cheung > Reviews

J. Cheung

Crystal Clear case for use with Nintendo DSi
Crystal Clear case for use with Nintendo DSi

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 19 Aug. 2011
This clear case did not fit the Nintendo DSi. Maybe I was just unlucky but I nearly scratched the DSi trying to force this case around it. I gave up trying as it looked like it was never going to fit. I've looked at an alternative supplier hoping they will fit better.

Wii Party
Wii Party
Offered by Base

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game for all the Family, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
I think this is one of the best games from Nintendo Wii that's around at the moment. There are so many minigames and it gets the whole family involved. We've only got 2 wii remotes but we've still had lots of fun playing the multiplayer games. Definitely worth the money.

Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
Offered by PARTYGAMES UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Dads and Boys, 29 Mar. 2011
I've not personally played this game but my son and his dad seem to like it. It's quite expensive for what features you get. You only get 4 different sports so it's one to dip into occasionally I think.

BrainBox - Nature
BrainBox - Nature

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of interesting facts, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: BrainBox - Nature (Toy)
Great educational game. Suits older children (7+) but it's a game the whole family can enjoy. I don't think 10 seconds is enough to digest all the information on the cards, even for adults. So we set the time for 20 seconds for adults and about 30-40 seconds for the children.

We Sing: 2 Mic Pack - Incl 4 port USB hub (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360)
We Sing: 2 Mic Pack - Incl 4 port USB hub (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360)
Offered by RAREWAVES

4.0 out of 5 stars if you like singing, you can't do without them, 4 Feb. 2011
The microphones work well with Wii Sing/Encore as they register your singing and the Wii game gives you feedback on how well you're singing. However, the game sometimes complains that I'm singing too quietly. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't do quiet. So maybe it's the fault of the microphones?

Also, when you're not playing the game, the microphone seems to echo back like you would expect a microphone to do if you were talking into one, but when you're playing the game, it doesn't echo back. Don't know whether this is intentional in order for the games to register your voice or whether it's another fault.

We Sing Encore (Wii)
We Sing Encore (Wii)
Offered by APE-GAMES

4.0 out of 5 stars Such fun!, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: We Sing Encore (Wii) (Video Game)
The kids (8 year old and 5 year old) and I, are loving this game. It's great fun if you like singing. My only criticism is that some of the songs are a bit old but it's supposed to be a family game so you can't expect all the songs to be current ones. Therefore, a lot of the songs the kids are not familiar with so they tend to choose the same songs.

I don't like it when the screen says "Awful" when you sing out of tune - it's a bit demoralising.

It's suitable for at least 7+ years, any younger and they can't read the lyrics unless they're a child prodigy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2011 9:39 PM BST

Jacques Original Happy Families
Jacques Original Happy Families

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty boring game, 4 Feb. 2011
We had another version of this Happy Familiies game from Mothercare and that was pretty limited as it only had 6 families in it. Even though this has more families in the pack, it still doesn't make the game any more interesting. We've found that you pretty much suss who has got the card you need because younger children sort out their cards in piles on the floor and it's hard not to look at the piles they are picking from and have got left. The only solution would be to sort the cards in separate rooms and keep going back and forth! It amuses my 5 year old but for anyone older, it's just boring

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus Accessory - White (Wii)
Nintendo Wii Motion Plus Accessory - White (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original, 3 Oct. 2010
This accessory was added onto the spare Wii Remote and so far we've had no problems with it. It's no more accurate or inaccurate than the official Wii Motion Plus Accessory. I don't know whether this is an official one or not as they all claim to be the real one. Anyway, it works fine and better than paying full price

Littlest Pet Shop (Wii)
Littlest Pet Shop (Wii)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good, 3 Oct. 2010
We're not fans of Littlest Pet Shop but it was a good price for the game. Both son (7 years) and daughter (5 years) enjoyed playing with this but not for long. The games are more suited to an older child. My daughter just likes dressing up the dogs and not much else. Great if you like Littlest Pet Shop, otherwise pretty middle of the road

Happy Party with Hello Kitty & Friends (Nintendo DS)
Happy Party with Hello Kitty & Friends (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Renaissance

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for little girls, 3 Oct. 2010
My daughter who is 5 years old loves Hello Kitty and loves this game. I have left her to work out how to play the games and she seems to be fine, even without being able to read most of the instructions. The games are simple and cute.