Profile for Grahame > Reviews

Content by Grahame

Grahame (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Black Overglasses - Sunglasses For Glasses!
Black Overglasses - Sunglasses For Glasses!
Offered by Tower Health

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not quite up to scratch, 15 Jun. 2014
The Good:

The do fit over my rather wide specs, they are OK in bright UK conditions. Considering their size they are light to wear. The arms are reasonably flexible and are curved inwards so they should fit a fairly wide range of head sizes.

The Bad:

They need persuading (by gently bending the arms appart) to get them over my specs (which are 45mm wide) when putting them on and taking them off. This is because the hinges on the arms intrude inside. So when putting them on and off it's necesseray to get past this obstruction.

Considering how large they are I was surprised that they do let in light from the bottom which is less than ideal.

The top rubs against my eyebrows. Not been a problem but I've not worn them for an extended period yet, could be quite annoying.

The Ugly (or not):
I bought these after a fair bit of research. They sounded like they would do the trick for me but I didn't like the mottled finish shown in the photo. The pair I received are plain black - much more to my taste but if you like the patterned finish you maybe disapointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2015 8:36 AM BST

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 21 July 2011
I paid extra for this winder for the built in string cutter. Separate string cutters are available for about the same price as this combined tool.

When restringing my classical guitar the advantage of this tool is the rounded tips to the cutter which makes it less likely to scratch the soundboard when trimming close to it, compared to the pointed tips of side cutters. On the other hand the rounded tip means that it's harder to get in close to the sound board than with side cutters.

There are disadvantages to this string cutter. I find it awkward to open, not 'hard' just awkward. Additionally, being mainly plastic I'm not sure how long it will survive, I would expect separate side cutter style string cutters to stay the course much better than this device. But if like me you will only use it occasionally it should have a long and useful life.

There are much cheaper winders around with smaller handles, I find this one easier to use especially as it fits well.

Finally (according to the card it comes attached to) it has a lifetime guarantee but what that means in practice I have no idea (yes I'm very cynical).

Baby Bio Original House Plant Food, Concentrate - 175 ml
Baby Bio Original House Plant Food, Concentrate - 175 ml
Offered by SM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars No compalints from my plants, 21 July 2011
I have a variety of indoor plants that seemed to be quite happy when I finished the first bottle of this stuff so I got them another.

It doesn't mention that the top is a dropper which makes it easy to measure out a dose. I use it once a week during the growing season and it last around a year.

The only downside is that after a while the bottle develops a powdery residue on the thread (I assume from the odd drop that lands there). When the bottle is opened this tends to drop off so make sure you don't open it over a white carpet.

If you want to save a few pence search Amazon because I got several hits for this at different prices.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2011 7:42 PM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for plants, 21 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars My plants asked for more, 21 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars My plants like it, 21 July 2011

Regatta Fingerless Mitts, Navy, One Size
Regatta Fingerless Mitts, Navy, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality could be better, 21 July 2011
I've had these gloves for most of last winter. The room I use as an office gets very cold and heats up slowly so I wear these first thing for between half and one hour 3 or 4 days a week while I'm using my PC.

They fit me OK and are quite stretchy so they should fit a wide range of hand sizes.

They keep my hands nice and warm without making me sweaty.

I gave them only 4 stars because even though they've had very light use they have loose threads on the ends of the fingers and there's balling on them, so I don't expect them to last much longer. Maybe I'm asking for too much at that price? Having said that when they need replacing I'll probably get another pair the same.

Planet Waves Pro-Winder String Winder and Cutter
Planet Waves Pro-Winder String Winder and Cutter
Offered by Limestone

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 21 July 2011

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 6:39 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 15 July 2011
These bags are very cheap. If you want to see a photo Sealapack 40 Ice Cube Bags - makes 1120 cubes is the identical product (but when I bought mine they were a good bit cheaper here.

Those I've used previously were self-seal, so I assumed these would be. They are not (and they're not described as such so they still get 5 stars). They are pretty easy to seal by knotting the top but you need a fairly steady hand. It would be even easier if the bits you knot were a little longer. They fill as easily as any I've used. As with all bags of this sort it takes a little effort to get the cubes out but when you get the knack it's not too hard.

Overall a reasonable product at a great price.

Sealapack 40 Ice Cube Bags - makes 1120 cubes
Sealapack 40 Ice Cube Bags - makes 1120 cubes
Offered by Simply Direct ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 15 July 2011
These bags are pretty cheap but the pack I received contained 40 (as in the title) not 50 bags (as shown in the photo). Even so they are good value compared to similar products. When I bought mine they were a lot cheaper if you bought the identical product here Sealapack 40 Ice Cube Bags - makes 1120 cubes.

Previously I've used self-seal ones so I assumed these would be. They are not (and they're not described as such so they still get 5 stars). They are pretty easy to seal by knotting the top but you need a fairly steady hand. It would be even easier if the bits you knot were a little longer. They fill as easily as any I've used. As with all bags of this sort it takes a little effort to get the cubes out but when you get the knack it's not too hard.

Overall a reasonable product at a decent price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 6:30 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3