Profile for WileyC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Seiko QXR303Z Radio Controlled Wooden Wall Clock
Seiko QXR303Z Radio Controlled Wooden Wall Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars I LIKE THIS CLOCK!, 12 Sept. 2017
Bought to replace a (non-radio-sync'd) kitchen above-the-mantle shelf clock of similar dimensions.
I left a cheap radio-controlled clock on the shelf for a couple of days to check that a LW signal would reach that location.... as it apparently could, went ahead with the purchase.
There is a barely audible 'tick' that we don't find intrusive, the clock face and hands clearly indicate the time and, as one would hope, the clock syncs with the hourly 'pips' when transmitted on FM radio.
None of us care for the 4 chrome fixings that hold glass in place (tho' no one yet has bothered to try to do anything to conceal them). As I think another reviewer has noted.....the casing looks like wood tho' I'm not sure that it is. I only mention this because I like things to be 'as described' and the word 'Wooden' in the name of the article was something that attracted me to it.....HOWEVER for me all its merits far outweigh this quibble and I would, should it get broken or stolen, buy a similar replacement.

Casio-LIN - 164-8AVEF Women's Quartz Analogue Watch-Titanium Bracelet-Silver
Casio-LIN - 164-8AVEF Women's Quartz Analogue Watch-Titanium Bracelet-Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Much disappointment!, 12 Sept. 2017
I had been looking on-line for a replacement for my wife's 'ladies' Casio Lineage titanium watch that, despite battery replacement, no longer worked. The watch that arrived today had looked on-line more or less similar; apart from a 'date' function and some decoration on the bezel. However the case was significantly broader.... 38mm as against the 26mm than that of the watch it was to replace.
The case dimensions were indicated on the product spec; and I failed to notice this. The single star rating is more an indication of my wife's disappointment (and mine!) than with the watch itself which I don't think would look out of place on a (female or male) gorilla's wrist. It has, sadly, been returned for a refund and the quest for the replacement.....continues.

Claber Rotoroll Manual 20m Hose Reel
Claber Rotoroll Manual 20m Hose Reel

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY PLEASED WITH THIS PURCHASE., 24 Jun. 2017
Having struggled to rewind a 20 metre hose onto a free standing reel for too long (impossible to simultaneously hold the reel steady, guide the hose on and turn the handle) we decided to buy one that I could wall-mount. Our neighbors have a 10 year old wall-mounted self-retracting Hoselock model; we considered this... and thought it was too expensive at over £90-00. We looked at the reviews of the manual Hoselock alternative, and the You-Tube assembly video; and placed an order for collection at Screwfix; particularly as the price had been reduced form £49-00 to c. £34.00.
We then reconsidered having read more of the 1 and 2 star reviews... and looked at the Claber manual reel hose. This cost £11-00 more that the Hoselock 'equivalent'. I phoned 'Easy Watering UK', the suppliers, because the image on Amazon does not include the wall mount and there is very little information. The person I spoke to confirmed that it HAD to be wall-mounted and recommended the Claber as well as making pertinent observations regarding the Hoselock and Karcher equivalents that they also stock.
So... we now have a Claber 20 metre wall-mounted hose and reel. Unlike the Hoselock 'equivalent' it comes with the hose attached to the 'internal' connector, and there is no need to cut off a length of hose to connect the hose to a tap. The accompanying multi-language booklet is clear, there is no need to manually move the hose guide left-and-right when reeling the hose in, Unlike the Hoselock, there is no option to mount the rewind handle on the right-hand side. The reel lifts off the wall mounted spindle to protect the unit from frost.The materials and construction seem to be of good quality and time will tell if it will be as robust as our neighbours' 'automatic' Hoselock. We are very pleased with this Italian sourced product and
would probably buy again.

Young Frankenstein [DVD] [1975]
Young Frankenstein [DVD] [1975]
Dvd ~ Gene Wilder

5.0 out of 5 stars MONSTER!!, 22 Jan. 2017
...Possibly ranks as a 'Marmite' since one probably really loves it.. or not.....consistently on my '10 best films'.list... probably my favourite Mel Brooks directed movie (along with 'The 12 Chairs'. Also has bonus of 'Making of..' featurette and some nice outtakes.

USB Wireless Presenter Newmen 2.4GHz Presentation Laser Pointer Office PowerPoint PPT Remote Control Clicker Presenter Flip Pen P012

3.0 out of 5 stars For me didn't rank as high as some other reviews., 22 Jan. 2017
I suppose it's inexpensive for what it does... bought for local U3A group presentations... laser isn't very bright (in comparison to one we already have of different manufacture) which is disappointing because many of the audiences have impaIred vision (and hearing). The plastic body doesn't feel very robust; however the 'slide' advance and retard function works well and the little aerial stores neatly into the body of the pointer after use.. Nevertheless I don't think I will be buying another Newman if/ when the time for a replacement arises.

Alfie 19"
Alfie 19"
Offered by DelvesWoodBears

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit., 11 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Alfie 19" (Toy)
...bought for a safely delivered grandson...

I haven't seen it 'in person'... my wife, who has, tells me it is really endearing - she particularly liked the nose - and it is soft and cuddly (a minimum requirement!?). Arrived well before specified delivery date, adequately packed.

Before selecting this toy from the many available via Amazon I had noticed one or two critical reviews regarding some other soft toys from other manufacturers/ sources that mentioned a musty, unpleasant smell suggestive perhaps of poor production, storage or transport conditions. I was concerned about this even though no such observations were mentioned in reviews of this GUND product. My wife confirmed that there were no such issues and that the toy smelt clean and fresh......she also recommended the 5* rating.

2017 Giant Print Month To View Bound Wall Planner Calendar - Home Office Work
2017 Giant Print Month To View Bound Wall Planner Calendar - Home Office Work
Offered by HOME DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 10 Jan. 2017
Not the prettiest... inexpensive, very practical and recommended tho' hole reinforcers essential from previous experience,

Ocean Digital WR282CD DAB/DAB+/FM and Wi-Fi Internet Radio with Bluetooth and Music Streaming - Black
Offered by Ocean_Digital

3.0 out of 5 stars ...Pity about the DAB!, 10 Jan. 2017
We needed a replacement radio for the kitchen and chose this.. lots of 'source' options, remote control v. handy and works well. DAB performance disappointing (a PURE One Mini in the same location works well on DAB).. the Internet Radio option more than compensates for this.
Disappointed that I can't compile a 'favorites' list for FM as I can for Internet radio (unless I've misunderstood the instructions which, as some other reviewers have noted, are a bit gnomic).

Quite expensive, but lots of options available,,, big pity about the DAB reception, it looks quite smart and we are fond of it. The sound is good and the EQ options are sensible and, in my opinion, superior to a so-called tone control. All in all a qualified like.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2017 4:26 AM GMT

Neet® HDMI TRUE MATRIX - 4K 4 Input 2 Output (4x2) Switch / Splitter - 1080p Full HD 4kx2k - Distribution Amplifier *** 3D ENABLED *** With Audio out ***
Offered by Neet Cables

3.0 out of 5 stars DOH!!, 10 Jan. 2017
I have X2 HDMI sources... a Humax PVR and a Sony Bluray player the outputs of which are fed to either a VDU or a video projector.

Prior to buying the Neet I had been switching the outputs of these sources by physically plugging and unplugging them into splitter cables connected to the Humax and Sony, a clunky yet cheap solution as both splitter cables cost c. £5-00 (including carriage from China). I also had to employ a separate DAC as there was no line output (for sound) from the Sony and a separate switcher box to select the appropriate audio output to my Hi-Fi amp.

So... to the Neet... PROs and CONs...
PROs (for me) include 1) The need to physically plug and unplug HDMI cables to get the right signal to the right display. 2) I no longer need the separate DAC. 3) I no longer need the audio switcher box (tho' I still pass the audio output from the Neet through it because the switcher box has a headphone socket that I occasionally use). 4) Tho' not essential, I can now also feed the HDMI output from my laptop to the 2 displays if required.

CONs. 1) As some other reviewers have noted, the performance of the Neet is inconsistent. One reason that I have not rated it lower is because I don't know enough about the HDMI concept to estimate whether or not there is some inherent issue with it that makes intermittent performance with a device such as the Neet more probable. I also don't know what influence the attached equipment and interconnects have on the performance of the unit. 2) The Neet is now attached to a wall... (fixings supplied with unit)...it had initially rested on a flat surface. The reason for the change was that the HDMI inputs and outputs 'sprout' from the face of the device... this makes them potentially more vulnerable to accidental knocks. In my situation, being wall mounted doesn't entirely obviate this risk tho' it does significantly reduce it. Had the HDMI sockets been located on the edges of the box it might have been... neater. 3) At c. £70.00 the Neet is not cheap so I would have hope it would function flawlessly... yet for the previously mentioned reason I don't know how the other elements of my system affect its performance.

Well... it does work.. sort of...therefore only 3 stars. As other reviewers have noted it seems to be robustly constructed and the remote is handy... when it works, The supplied instructions are perfunctory. Despite all the aforementioned, I do like this device. It has been in use daily since delivery on 23.11.16 and I have not to date, ultimately, been able to obtain the desired connectivity between the 5 devices connected to it. I certainly prefer this arrangement to the plug-unplug one that preceded it.

Sonline Canvas Leather Tent Sewing Awl Taper-shank Needle Leathercraft Kit Stitch Tool
Offered by Sonline-HK

5.0 out of 5 stars REMARKABLE VALUE, 3 Mar. 2016
....£1.74 including postage ...from China... a simple tool that replaces a hollow-plastic- handled one that I bought from a novelty shop that used to advertise on the back of a comic decades ago. I think this replacement is much better because it's got a solid metal handle and is quite robust...another reviewer has mentioned corrosion/ needle bluntness...the 3 needles that I received are sharp and shiny... and again, to quibble at this price seems a bit extreme... I'm very pleased with my purchase which arrived within specified time and adequately packed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6