Profile for V. Will > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
925 Sterling Silver Toe Ring - Braided Design - FREE UK POSTAGE
925 Sterling Silver Toe Ring - Braided Design - FREE UK POSTAGE

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant wee item!! :), 2 July 2016
This is a really, really lovely item - so much so, that I've only just opened it, tried it on and I felt compelled to write a wee review! It arrived speedily and it was soooo beautifully-packaged. The box itself is really colourful and pretty which raises your expectations when you take it out the envelope .... then opening the box, the ring itself is so shiny and lovely, plus the sender has really thoughtfully put in little sparkles of fairy dust in the form of two heart sequins which have been placed in the centre of the ring. This is such a lovely touch - I hope the sender reads this so they know how much I appreciated the beautiful, thoughtful packaging :) <3

As I say, the ring itself is fab! It sits flat to half way down the (in my case) pinky finger and while looking delicate, it is also (in my view) rather well-made. There is a danger that it could have been thin and flimsy, but it really isn't. I'm very pleased with the quality and look of this ring which would look equally good on a toe. Also to mention that I'm not really a "rings person" in that I don't wear other rings *at all* so the fact that this has had such a positive response from me tells you a lot. I love it! I hope you will too - and at the price, it's not a *major* investment, instead, it's good value and totally worth it, in my opinion. I'd say buy with confidence here :)

Karrimor Supa III, Women's Low Rise Hiking Shoes, Black (Black Sea/Purple), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that I am very pleased with these shoes, 20 Jun. 2016
Well, I have to say that I am very pleased with these shoes, especially given the price (<£30). I've been really irritated that I've bought several pairs of walking shoes over the last year or so and have found such variability in the sizing of - and support inside - the shoe that I was really beginning to despair! I bought one pair that were like £70+ and once I'd actually worn them, I realised they were not ideal - and of course because I'd worn them outside, I couldn't return them.

Anyway, these are good. I wore them for walking my dog last night - a decent enough walk (about four miles) to try them out - and there were no blisters, no sore toes and my feet generally felt quite happy. I think there might have been a slightly rough bit on the inside of one of the shoes, but I was wearing two pairs of socks, so it was fine. There's good support around the ankle and the footbed is supportive enough for my arches (although the footbed is fairly flat imo). The sole is quite rigid, but that's OK as I think it will soften a little as it breaks in more. Also, poss worth noting that I've had plantar fasciitis in one foot and so I'm a bit paranoid about heel support - and I was happy with what these shoes offered.

I'd say the sizing is on the slightly generous side - I'm a size 5 and I ordered both a 5 and a 6 to compare. The 6 was too big on me ... in an ideal world, *maybe* a 5.5 would have been more perfect for extra socks, but I'm happy enough as it stands. Oddly, I'd ordered a pair by another manufacturer from somewhere else last week ... with that brand the 6 was too small. You just wish someone would come up with a universal, dependable size fitting!!

So, I'd recommend these - certainly robust enough for decent dog walking - and it was quite damp last night, but my feet stayed dry and warm.

1 x Deluxe solid beech and brushed chrome 128mm cupboard / cabinet handle by Swish.
Offered by Overstock Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 15 Jun. 2016
Bought these to replace some broken plastic beech-effect kitchen handles. Really lovely quality - not cheap right enough as I had thirteen to replace (couldn't have just replaced the broken ones - that would have looked odd lol!) but I'd say worth the money. Recommended.

Regatta Sweetness Anti Pill Soft Fleece Gilet Body Warmer - PLUM WINE - 18
Regatta Sweetness Anti Pill Soft Fleece Gilet Body Warmer - PLUM WINE - 18
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, long in the body, lightweight, 15 Jun. 2016
This certainly does a job for me when I'm walking my dogs on a cooling summer evening. It's a lightweight fleece which is long in the body so just enough to add a slight extra layer to keep the chill out. I bought the "plum wine" colour which I'd say is more of a sort of dusky lilac/purple (although that makes it sound a bit nicer than it is). I'd rather have a definite purple or plum (which is what I thought I was getting) but it's fine for the purpose intended for it. It's a good value for money item - I'll probably get a lot of wear out of it (for dog walking as I say). I may even buy another because it's useful - and I would recommend it ... but it's just OK ... I wouldn't say that I totally love it lol! (It would need to be a better colour I think, for me to feel a bit more positive about it) ... for dog walking and outside wearing, totally fine :)

BAR B CUBE Beanbag Stool BROWN - Outdoor & Indoor Use - Waterproof Bean Bags
BAR B CUBE Beanbag Stool BROWN - Outdoor & Indoor Use - Waterproof Bean Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, useful but not totally stylish ;), 20 May 2016
Not exactly super-stylish because it's covered in a sort of tough nylon material (the sort used to make waterproof dog beds) - but very, very useful. Good value for money ... I really wanted a "baa stool" but they're mega-pricey so this does the job at a fraction of the cost. Recommended :)

Minidiva W5 Smart Wrist Band Pedometer+Sport Fitness Wristband (Grey)
Minidiva W5 Smart Wrist Band Pedometer+Sport Fitness Wristband (Grey)

1.0 out of 5 stars chunky (and not in a good way); just not for me, 20 May 2016
Urgh! Returning - couldn't see how it set it up; chunky (and not in a good way); just not for me, sorry :(

Johnny Loves Rosie Women's Quartz Watch with Pink Dial Analogue Display and Pink PU Strap JH012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 May 2016
Great colour and sparkle - really love this!

Tealyra - Sirius - 500ml - Large Clear Double Wall Glass Mug With Handle - Keeps Beverages Hot Yet Stays Cool To The Touch - Perfect Cup for Tea & Coffee - In Carton Gift Box - Set of 1
Offered by Tealyra UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Big tea cup!, 20 May 2016
Handy! A biiiiiig tea cup! Ideal for me as I like a bucket of tea in the morning. Holds just shy of a pint, so two cups in one lol! The really good thing is that because it's double-walled, it keeps your tea warm until you've finished your yogurt and banana ;). Recommended - and it arrived speedily too :)

How to Be Healthy At Work
How to Be Healthy At Work

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Feb. 2016
Excellent info and advice - engagingly-written. Highly recommended.

Google Asus / Samsung S7 S6 S5 S3 S2 J2 J3 J5 J7 EDGE PLUS Nexus 4 / 7 / 10 Tablet Micro Usb Mains Wall Charger / Power Supply - With Charging Indicating Light - Mains Charger Micro Usb Pin Uk Ce Rohs Approved Fast Rapid 2.1a Charger
Offered by G4GADGET

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 13 Feb. 2016
Useless - didn't charge my Toshiba - billed as being suitable, but totally hopeless. Going to see if I can return it. Irritating. :/

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7