Profile for C. E. V. Collins > Reviews

Content by C. E. V. Collins

C. E. V. Collins

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to recognise my network despite other terminals all OK, 14 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
This Fire Stick is Crap. I bought it on the recommendation of John Lewis customer services as the recent (January 2016) update to ITV hub made my Smart TV very unsmart. I installed the stick OK but then it refused to accept my existing amazon id and password! To give Amazon credit they did call me back within a few hours to disturb my dinner! But after rebooting my router and resetting everything to factory settings it refused to find my network despite both my laptop and iPad within inches of the TV being able to see my network. Hassle hassle hassle I don't need this. Why is it that manufacturrs cannot undertake full user testing before marketing a product?

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don' t buy a total waste of money, 3 Nov. 2014
A total waste of money.
No instructions, no battery or details on what battery to install.
DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous electrical fault, 27 Feb. 2014
Don't but one. Ours worked well enough for six monthe but then in mid use the steam stopped and it became dangerously hot. Thane don't want to know so this is a poor product. Back to the mop!

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What Says On The Tin, 31 Dec. 2011
I switched to Kaspersky two years ago having used Norton and McAfee, both of which seemed to 'take over' my PC whenever I was tring to work. Kaspersky is easily installed and works efficently in the background. It only appears when necessary to ask you for an action when certain incidents have ocurred. An excellent product.

Stirling Moss: All My Races
Stirling Moss: All My Races
by Sir Stirling Moss

4.0 out of 5 stars All My Races by Sterling Moss, 14 Dec. 2010
If you a petrolhead of the 50's and 60's for Formula one this is the book for you.Factual rather than anything else, but it does make you realise they did not have the safety cages in today's cars

The Food and Cooking of Peru: Traditions - Ingredients - Tastes - Techniques
The Food and Cooking of Peru: Traditions - Ingredients - Tastes - Techniques
by Flor Arcaya de Deliot

5.0 out of 5 stars The Food & Cooking of Peru, 2 Aug. 2010
I usually buy a Cookery book from a country I have visited - if I have enjoyed the food. The food in Peru was excellent, both tasty and healthy. We had no idea what to expect and were treated to a wonderful variety of colourful meat and fish dishes, and some new variations on old deserts.

I spotted this book at Lima airport-at a vastly inflated price- and was delighted to find it for sale on Amazon.

'The Food and Cooking of Peru' is well worth buying, not only for the well-illustrated recipes, but also for the very readable section on Traditions and Festivals which prefaces the book. What I particularly like about the recipes is that all the ingredients are readily available here, and if they are not, then an alternative is offered. For example, the recipe for 'Potatoes in cheese and chilli sauce' calls for a very special queso fresco,'fresh cheese' with a mild flavour, found in The Mantaro Valley. Mild feta cheese is suggested as an acceptable substitute-and it works. The chicken dishes are delicious, and all the family fell for 'Budin de pan'-bread pudding with cherry syrup, quite unlike the conventional bread pudding we have here.

Go to Peru. Buy the book.