Profile for Mrs. Jillian Young > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Jillian Young

Mrs. Jillian Young "DroneUK" (North Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Supplements Exposed: The Truth They Dont Want You to Know about Vitamins, Minerals, and Their Effects on Your Health
by Brian R. Clement

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor and repetitive, 27 Jan. 2016
Poor and repetetive. Throughout the first two chapters the author seems to repeat the same point over and again in as many different ways as it takes to fill the pages! A combined sense of frustration and deja vu meant sadly I could not go on even if the book may have improved. To cut to the chase his message is that synthetic vitamins are very bad but wholefood vitamins are very good. Sadly despite saying this 20 times he never actually clarifies what denotes a 'wholefood vitamin'. Perhaps he would have got around to it but frankly, life is too short!

Big Moon Ritual
Big Moon Ritual

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy Classic in the Making, 13 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Big Moon Ritual (Audio CD)
No need for a few listens for this to grow on you, I was trying to sing along on the first go! This tells me Big Moon Ritual will become a classic in my house. Well done guys.

Merrell All Out Blaze, Women's Drawstring Track and Field Shoes - Black/Adventurine, 3 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice shoes, 6 July 2015
Really nice shoes, be aware though these are not waterproof as the toe and sides are made of mesh.

Firstlight 2302AM E27 Edison Screw 60 Watt, 1 Glass Pendant, Amber
Firstlight 2302AM E27 Edison Screw 60 Watt, 1 Glass Pendant, Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 6 July 2015
I love it but it won't fit so has to go back sadly. It's stunning though.

Searchlight Banker (antique brass)
Searchlight Banker (antique brass)
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice lamp, 6 July 2015
This review is from: Searchlight Banker (antique brass)
Very nice, slight problem with manufacture in that shade is not quite correctly fitted to frame however you'd have to study hard to notice. It isn't perfect but I don't want the hassle of exchanging it. For the price though it should have been right.

Bodum BISTRO Espresso Mugs Set (Double-Walled, Dishwasher Safe, 0.3 L/10 oz) - Pack of 2, Transparent

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile, 6 July 2015
Fragile, I'm not clumsy and both cracked within 2 weeks.

French Vegetarian Cooking (Evans Novel of the West)
French Vegetarian Cooking (Evans Novel of the West)
by Gavin

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor in every way, 29 Sept. 2014
This is not a great book. First of all the back cover has typographical errors which does't fill one with confidence. The book is cheaply printed without photographs; this would be forgivable if the recipes were decent. They are not. The chapter on main courses basically covers crepes, gratins and quiches. Each dish is covered at least ten times with virtually the same recipe on each page except for the inclusion of a different vegetable or cheese. The book is obviously targeted at an American audience - again this would not be a problem to convert if the recipes were anything other than dull or basic! Finally many of the ingredients listed are not necessary vegetarian to my knowledge. Granted, I have not read the entire introduction. This may have highlighted the need to look for veggie versions of brandy, parmesan and gruyere (to name a few) or to find an alternative; it was too dull to plough through though. Finally whilst I understand the theory of the origins of French cookery coming from Italy, I cannot forgive the inclusion of so many basic italian recipes. If I had wanted an Italian cook book I would have bought one. Very poor; my copy will be returned for a refund.

Garmin FR70 Fitness Watch - Pink
Garmin FR70 Fitness Watch - Pink
Offered by W Livingstone Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Awful, 22 Aug. 2013
I thought I was buying the best however after 2 frustrated hours of trying to understand the almost impossibly difficult set up procedure, I took a break if only to stop myself from throwing this out of a window in my frustration!

During round 2 it quickly became apparent that my device was not going to recognise the Ant+ accessories that I purchased and indeed at each attempt the whole unit just froze up and had to be reset repeatedly. After having to input my personal data three times and still getting nowhere at all I decided life was too short and returned the bloody thing.

Also for those who go for this and get a unit which actually works, please bear in mind that the buttons are so tiny, stiff and generally badly designed that you can spend what seems like an eternity trying to press them to get a response. Now I did not get as far as training with this but I imagine it would be close to impossible to quickly scroll through display screens during a training session.

Shame about this Garmin as it is a good looking watch, one of the more feminine ones I have seen and it looked good on....but it didn't work. Either that or it was so complicated I didn't get it. I can't imagine this is the case though as I'm not at all daft.

I have replaced this purchase with a much more user friendly Polar FT60 model. Okay it isn't as good looking but it pretty much programmed itself and is an absolute pleasure to use, simple whilst being comprehensively functional.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2014 5:04 AM BST

David Haye's Box & Tone [DVD]
David Haye's Box & Tone [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Haye
Offered by Home Entertainment Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh I so wanted to like this! :-(, 15 Jan. 2013
I was really looking forward to receiving this DVD. I work out at least 4 times a week and use loads of DVDs as they suit my busy lifestyle.

Sat down this morning to do a quick preview prior to doing the workout for real and within 4 minutes I was verging on highly irritated. I really like David Hayes as a rule. He seems like a very personable guy and let's face it, he is very lovely and motivating to look at! However I have a couple of problems. Firstly with the DVD's scripting. By four minutes into the warm up I genuinely thought I was going to kill him if he said 'boom' one more time. He literally says it to accompany every other punch he throws. Also when he is not saying 'boom' he is making weird grunty throat noises which is very off putting!

Also, the timing is ever so slightly off. All of the backing team are perfectly in sync but when David stops saying 'boom' to the team and joins in he throws the timing of the moves out. It is only marginal but quite important when you are trying to match what is going on at home.

On a positive, at first glance the routine seems well put together and I'm sure it will yield great results if I can bear to listen to the dialogue over and again! I wonder if there is a feature to turn off the speech as there is with some of the Davina and Jillian Micheal's DVDs? If there is I may be okay with it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2013 11:37 AM GMT

Zylkene 75mg 100 Capsules
Zylkene 75mg 100 Capsules
Offered by Pet Drugs Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Please read original review and then see update 3 months in, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Zylkene 75mg 100 Capsules (Misc.)
Scenario: 3 cats including one lovely docile 2 year old girl, 1 very delicate and grumpy 4 year old girl and 1 territorial, highly strung massive tom cat weighing in at a stone.

Before this experiment no one could venture across the living room floor without being wary of the whereabouts of Ozzy. Trips to the vet or cattery were hell and he would beat up the girls violently and mercilessly on a daily basis. Final straw? His total destruction of a brand new and very expensive living flame gas fire.

So after sticking it out with him for 2 years we decided that it was either drug intervention or he would have to go.

I am happy to say that while things are still not perfect, the situation is much improved. Ozzy has been receiving two doses of Zylkene per day in his milk morning and evening for about 21 days now and the results are remarkable. He is calmer now, doesn't attack the girls at all although he still does a bit of stalking them at times. Also he seems much more open to the idea of attention where as before if you put out your hand to him it was touch and go whether you would get savaged. I will keep on with this treatment and hope that even if this is the plateau, then it will continue at this level. We can all rub along now, the girls are slowly starting to adjust and understand that they are safe. So thanks to Zylkene Ozzy can stay....for now!

Update...I stand by my original review as it was on December and have continued to give Ozzy the same dose of the product since then. Unfortunately the situation now is that Ozzy seems to have reverted back to his old behaviour completely. I am very sad and will be exploring other options to try and solve the situation. I wonder why the change has occurred after this amount of time? Did Zylkene work in the first place or did I just see things in a more positive light because I had taken action by giving him the treatment...like a placebo? Or did his body become used to the product and stop working? I don't know for sure but it's back to square one for us now. I am going to explore upping the dose as Oz is a big boy but other than that I have reached the end of my Zylkene experiment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2017 11:44 AM GMT