Profile for Red Storm > Reviews

Content by Red Storm

Red Storm

Page: 1 | 2
Casio Collection - Unisex Digital Watch with Stainless Steel Bracelet - A168WA-1YES

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 years policing the beat, 21 Oct. 2013
I bought this watch when I joined the police 6 years ago. It has never broken, never needed the battery changed and still tells the time. It's lead a hard life but is tough as nails. Buy one you won't regret it. Plus it's retro cool to boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good piece of equipment, 14 Oct. 2013
I had no idea how to get my flash of camera. My mate suggested I get a set of these. I was reluctant at first as they seemed quite cheap however I was proved wrong. These are are excellent wireless triggers! They have never failed me yet and are as good as any of the more expensive systems out there. Highly recommend!

Vengeance Falls (Special Edition)
Vengeance Falls (Special Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting at first but impact quickly lost, 14 Oct. 2013
Firstly, this album is excellent! If you liked any of Trivium's previous albums your sure to enjoy this. The riffs are meaty, the rhythms are tight and the vocals spot on.

This is Trivium's second album with their new drummer and the drumming on this album is incredibly technical but tuneful at the same time likewise the guitars. There are some neat breakdowns and tempo changes and thought provoking lyrics too. The production with David Draiman at the helm is right up there with the best of them. This album is streets ahead of any of the last 2 albums and the song structures remind me of Ascendancy/The Crusade era Trivium. Highly recommend this album

Favorite Tracks at the moment are

Brave This Storm
Vengence Falls
Strife
No Way To Heal

Having had more time with this album, it's initial impact has waned somewhat and I have reduced my review to three stars to reflect this. I still stand by the comments on musicianship etc however. The songs I initially picked as my faves are probably they catchiest tunes on the CD. Some of the later songs just kind of merge into one big song. I think I will probably go back to Amon Amarth's excellent new album for a while now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hill walking trouser, 5 Oct. 2013
I got these for hillwalking in winter conditions. I bought them as an outer layer to go over my soft shell trousers but I have only done that once and it was very warm! Normally I wear these with a base layer and that's it. They are water proof warm and durable. I managed to bum slide down a hard icy patch on Scaraben in the highlands and there was not a mark on them. They have several large pockets and side zip to stop you over heating. All in all I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entry level ice axe, 4 Oct. 2013
I bought the grivel Munro as an entry level ice axe for winter hillwalking. It has been a very good axe for me. I cut step no problem and when walking in ice is gripped well. My only complaint was that the flat top for gripping did get uncomfortable and could be bigger to spread load more so it's comfier but I will add that I do have big hands so smaller handed people will probably not notice this. It is B rated so you can't make an anchor with another ice axe with it but of you are at that level of mountaineering then you wouldn't be looking at this axe anyway. All in all for the money a very good entry level axe

Motorola MBP16 Digital Audio Monitor with LCD Display [Import UK, prise anglaise]

5.0 out of 5 stars Piece of mind, 4 Oct. 2013
I bought these for our newborn baby. Have had them three months now and they have work very well. They have a soft orange glow that won't disturb your baby in his sleep and also play lullabies to help him/her sleep. They have good range and seem quite durable and the volume on the master unit goes very loud so you can leave it in one room and still hear it. Master unit also has a belt clip for wandering about the house too. Would definitely recommend to parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 4 Oct. 2013
I was skeptical at first about buying such a cheap flash however upon arrival my doubts were unfounded. The flash is well built and sturdy and fits my D3100 like a glove. The flash on full power is very powerful which is great for outside but can be lowered to 1/128 of full power. There is no ttl on this flash it's manual only but it does come with in built transeivers for use with the relevant yongnuo triggers. Also included is a foot so you can position it off camera more easily and a nice case to carry it all in.

My personal opinion is that you should learn manual flash before going down the automatic iTTl route but not only that with 1 nikon sb700 costing nearly £250 for the same price you could get two of these a set of wireless triggers and some umbrellas and have a nice little set up and have money left over. This is an excellent product for the price and would highly recommend.

Neutral Density ND Filter Set ND2 ND4 ND8 + Gradual Neutral Density ND Filter G.ND2 G.ND4 G.ND8 + 9pcs Ring Adapter (49mm 52mm 55mm 58mm 62mm 67mm 72mm 77mm 82mm) + Filter Holder + Filter Case for cokin p series for Canon, Nikon, Sony LF6
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 3 Oct. 2013
If you are just getting into photography or just getting into filters then these are for you. The filters them selves are plastic but do a good job of stopping things down nicely. They do make a colour caste if you have a few together but that's why you can adjust the white balance on your camera or in photoshop afterwards. They come with a nice wallet to carry them around in and keep them free of dirt, grime,scratches etc. the various sizes if adapter rings are good too and come in a variety of sizes to cover almost all your lenses. All in all very good value for money.

All Roads Lead Here
All Roads Lead Here

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Prog - Love Chimp spanner, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: All Roads Lead Here (Audio CD)
Having stumbled across this band by accident I have to say I'm glad i did. Being a fan of nearly all aspects of rock music I can say this band and this album incorporates them all. For me it sounds like a carefully blended mix of Genesis, Dream theatre, coheed and cambria but with the slick prouduction values of trivium. There are heavy stop start riffs and meaty chugging riffs and some beautiful melodic guitar as well. There are no vocals so listeners are free to concentrate on the song structures and technicality of the music.
If you like heavy music or technical music then this is recommended for you

Deceiver Of The Gods
Deceiver Of The Gods

5.0 out of 5 stars Another heavy hitter from Amon Amarth, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Deceiver Of The Gods (Audio CD)
This album is sonic gold. It's the best album from Amon Amarth since "With Odin on our side". The song writing is of the usual high standard but the riffs are even better. There is fast paced riffing and slow paced heavy hitting. It is the first metal album I have heard this year that I have liked every single track. The production quality is very good and when listened to through a good set of speakers is bassy and thundering yet the highs can be heard with clarity and ease. Personal favorites from the album are Father of the Wolf and Warriors if the North. I would highly recommend this album to Amon Amarth fans but to metal fans in general

Page: 1 | 2