Profile for Malcolm Alderton > Reviews

Content by Malcolm Alderton

Malcolm Alderton "malc20" (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
3 Way Mount Tripod Hand Grip Arm Monopod Selfie Stick for GoPro Hero 5 Black / Session /4/3+/3/ XiaoYi / Action Camera with 1/4" Threaded Adapter By Mibote(Black)
Offered by Mibote-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent bit of kit for the price., 13 Mar. 2017
excellent value and good strong product for the price. Nice and compact so easy to drop into your pocket or carry on luggage.

My son has a similar but slightly sturdier version he got as part of a third party go pro kit and I have been after one for some time. great addition to my Go Pro kit.

excellent as a selfie stick, but also useful with the tripod legs as well. great to use with a phone as well if you have a phone holding head.

Quick Drying Breathable Short Sleeve Sports T-Shirt (Black, M)
Quick Drying Breathable Short Sleeve Sports T-Shirt (Black, M)
Offered by MK Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery, good product, 25 Jan. 2017
decent quality at a good price. I wanted a black running shirt for a specific event as I intend to "dress it up" for a themed running event. very surprised by the good quality and good fit for the price.

LE 2 Pack LED Bike Safety Light,Portable Clip-on Collar Lights for Runners,Dogs,3 Modes Bicycle Rear Tail Lights,Warning Light,Reflective gear,Batteries Included
Offered by NEON Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars One worked for 6 weeks then failed - replacements sent quickly - top marks for good customer service, 15 Dec. 2016
Good price and very bright but after 6 weeks one needed new batteries. Replaced them with brand new sealed batteries but wouldn't work again. I tried two other sets of batteries and they wouldn't work either - waste of money . . All batteries worked in other devices so it wasn't down to the batteries . I will purchase something eise and throw these away .
Update - 17TH January 2017
Neon have sent me , free of charge, a replacement set of lights - so far , and I have only used them for two evenings runs, they work perfectly. The test will come when the battery runs out but I am impressed by the fact they do actually read the reviews and respond quickly and positively. Top marks for that.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2017 9:40 AM GMT

Nathan Sports Strobe Light-Orange, One Size
Nathan Sports Strobe Light-Orange, One Size
Price: £6.00 - £48.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but didn't work after batteries replaced.- better & cheaper alternatives available., 1 Dec. 2016
Works really well - fixed or flashing lights and the clip is strong enough to stay onto your hay/ jacket or rucksack. Ive used this on winter runs many rtimes.

Only three starts as after a year both mine and my wifes needed the batteries replacing - fair enough but having tried three sets of brand new batteries in both lights , neither light would turn on again.. So great for a year then stops working. I bought a pack of two replacement lights from Amazon made by someone else for less tyhan the priceof one of the Nathan lights - same size, work just as well and even havethree lkight modes..

AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Medium (4-Piece Set), Black
AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Medium (4-Piece Set), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality and value., 19 Sept. 2016
excellent quality bags - as good as any others we have had which were much more expensive. Very well made, good solid zips.

So good we ordered a second set.

Sunglasses Glasses Spectacles Head Band Strap With Adjuster For Sports Black Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Offered by EYEWEAR WORLD

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 19 Sept. 2016
Does exactly what I needed it for. Stopped my sunglasses falling in the water when whitewater rafting and kayaking

USB Plug Charger Syncwire 4-Port USB Wall Charger with Interchangeable UK EU US Travel Adaptor-Lifetime Warranty Series-6.8A/34W for iPhone 7/6s/6/Plus, iPad, iPod, Galaxy S7/S6/Edge, Note 5, HTC & more phones, Tablet, Kindle, Power Bank-White
Offered by Syncwire

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ., 19 Sept. 2016
great device , especially for travel abroad - no messy wires, plugs straight into the wall wherever you are.

Garmin Vivofit 2 Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fitness device, Highly recommended, 5 Sept. 2016
I already own a Garmin Forerunner watch which I use to track my runs and cycle rides but wanted a general fitness/steps device as well.

After much research I opted for this device, partly as it had good reviews but it also links into Garmin connect which I already use.

Having had it on constantly for the last 6 weeks , I have to say I am very pleased with the results and its performance. It has performed flawlessly.
It records my sleep patterns, Daily steps and even heart rate when I am using a monitor band, which came with it. It also links to the heart rate band that came with my watch.

some reviews have complained about how hard it is to link to their phone and the poor quiality of the connect software.

I always ensure I have the latest version of the connect software which improves with each update - great graphical info on everything. both devices have connected easily to the software and complement each other. Pairing the vivofit to my iPhone took less than a minute and then syncing to Connect on my iPhone was easy and straightforward - has worked every time. I can only think the issues people have is that they are not keeping iPhone and app s/w up to date.

I have recorded over 700000 steps since the last week in July when I first put the watch on. I have run, cycled, swum in both pool and Sea, Kayaked and been boating on the sea ( so exposure to salt water), worn it in the shower each day and have had zero issues with it.

The strap is solid but flexible and I particularly like the way the strap locks so it cannot come undone by accident.

My wife has a Fitbit and is now contemplating getting a Vivofit as it would be easier to sync and record details than her fitbit.

An absolute bargain and highly recommended.

Winter Men
Winter Men

4.0 out of 5 stars A very different war story, 9 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Winter Men (Kindle Edition)
Really liked the way two intertwined lives were dragged into Hitlers hell and how they realised the horror of it all

Ship of Magic (The Liveship Traders, Book 1)
Ship of Magic (The Liveship Traders, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars disjointed storyline - didn't grab my attention, 26 Feb. 2016
Luckily this was a free book but the storyline is very disjointed . I liked the premise of the book but I'm sad to say it didn't live up to it's billing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12