Profile for Ballcocks > Reviews

Content by Ballcocks

Ballcocks "unclepip"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NETGEAR FVS318G-200EUS - 8 LAN port and 1 WAN port ProSAFE VPN Firewall Router with 12 IPSEC VPN tunnels

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, crashes every day., 11 Nov. 2016
Crashes. Do not buy this. Have a look at Netgears own forum, this router is very poor. I am sending it back.

Netgear support did contact me and offered to replace with the much more expensive SRX5308 router. I had already sent it back. I purchased an 8 port switch and the Ubiquiti Networks EdgeRouter Lite which has worked without a glitch.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2016 11:32 PM GMT

US PRO TOOLS TOOL CHEST TOOL BOX ROLLER TOOL CABINET BLUE 9 DRAWER TOP!
US PRO TOOLS TOOL CHEST TOOL BOX ROLLER TOOL CABINET BLUE 9 DRAWER TOP!

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased new on ebay for £130. I wish i ..., 20 May 2016
Purchased new on ebay for £130. I wish i had bought a bigger and stronger box. Ok for diy, but drawers are a bit sticky. Not really deep enough front to back.

Philips PL-C 13 Watt 840 4P G24q-1 Neutral White
Philips PL-C 13 Watt 840 4P G24q-1 Neutral White
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid bad design waste of money, 11 April 2016
Didnt work. These lamps are an expensive nigtmare. Bought 10 as they only last a few months. None of them worked! Have now changed all the fittings back to traditional bayonet. Fortunately my local asian shop still sells 100w bulbs!

ITV Hub
ITV Hub

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 20 Feb. 2016
This review is from: ITV Hub (App)
Didn't work so used the STV player. Just lied and gave a scottish postcode.

Ring RAC630 12V Digital Tyre Inflator, Air Compressor with Auto stop, Tyre Pump with LED Light, Case and Adaptor Set **Auto Express Mini Test Winner**

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought this on the basis of good reviews to replace a 20 year old Halfords model ..., 6 Jan. 2016
Bought this on the basis of good reviews to replace a 20 year old Halfords model which couldn't cope with the pressures I needed in my trailer. It rattled its self to bits after a few uses. I took it apart to find a bearing had fallen out. I super glued it back but this was only a temporary repair. The digital display is faulty and even when it was working was not intuitive at all.

The screw on fitting was good on my car but let all the air out on my bike. Just ordered a different make.

Guido Fawkes
Guido Fawkes

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Doesn't Work, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Guido Fawkes (App)
Didn't work.

Meaco Home Dehumidifier 20 L - White/ Blue Trim
Meaco Home Dehumidifier 20 L - White/ Blue Trim
Offered by Energy Saving Bulbs/Products

2.0 out of 5 stars Tripped our electrics, 25 April 2015
Worked really well for a year, then got increasingly noisy. After 23 months came back from holiday to find it had developed a fault and tripped all our electrics!! Entire contents of deep freeze ruined.

Cant recommend after that!

Garmin nuvi 52LM 5" Sat Nav With UK and Ireland Maps and Free Lifetime Map Update

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend anyone to buy it until the route planning is fixed., 5 Mar. 2015
I purchased this to replace a 5 year old TomTom that I had passed down the food chain to my daughter.

The screen is clear and easy to read, It automatically switches to night time colours. They are the good points.

Locally it always directs me to drive two sides of a triangle when there is a direct route on a good road which is much quicker. When I disobey the satnav and take the quicker route it recalculates and gives me a reduce ETA.

On a recent visit to Cornwall it directed me down a very small single track road rather than stay on the parallel A road! On my return journey from Cornwall I choose to take the A30 over Bodmin moor. The SatNav wanted to go on the A38 through Plymouth which I know is a slower route. The nuvi kept recalculating the route constantly wanting me to go miles out of my way to get back to the A38. When eventually it gave up and settled on my chosen route the ETA dropped by 40 minutes!!!!!!

In London it directed me to leave the road I was on turn left on to a side road then right then right agin back to the road I was on in the first place.

I would not recommend anyone to buy it until the route planning is fixed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2016 5:53 PM GMT

DYNAMODE 2-Port Dual Port Serial RS232 Controller Adapter PCI Card
DYNAMODE 2-Port Dual Port Serial RS232 Controller Adapter PCI Card

3.0 out of 5 stars It is impossible to secure the board into the pc ..., 3 Mar. 2015
It is impossible to secure the board into the pc as the metal strip is the wrong size. Other than that worked perfectly when a USB to serial converter was unreliable. But it is very cheap.

Yale Locks P89 Deadlock Nightlatch DMG Brass Cylinder 60 mm Backset Visi Pack
Yale Locks P89 Deadlock Nightlatch DMG Brass Cylinder 60 mm Backset Visi Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Dangerous - should be banned, 10 Jun. 2014
This lock is very very dangerous. If dead locked then occupants will not be able to get out. In the case of a fire they will be burned.
If your flat mate deadlocks it then you will have an enforced day off work!

I repeat this is a very very bad product. Do not buy it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2017 1:51 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3