Profile for Victoria Jayne > Reviews

Content by Victoria Jayne

Victoria Jayne (South Lincolnshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Sister: A psychological thriller with a brilliant twist you won't see coming

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, 15 Mar. 2017
I'm very impressed by Louise' s debut novel. She's a talented writer and this is a great plot which kept me transfixed to the end. I'm now looking forward to reading The Gift.

Sourcingmap Needlework Faux Pearl Head Sewing Corsage Pins, Plastic, Multi-Colour, 480-Piece
Offered by Accessories Attic Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Prime example of getting what you pay for, 23 Aug. 2016
I'm not one for writing bad reviews but I wish I had spent a bit more money on some better pins. These look attractive in the picture but they are poorly made. The plastic beads come off regularly and the shaft bends easily, I think due to the sticky residue that costs the metal pin. Also many of them are too blunt to go through the thinnest material which causes all sorts of issues if you are using a wife weave. Definitely not for delicate materials. Yes they are cheap to buy but also cheap quality. I'm going to buy some glass headed ones instead which my sewing teacher advised me to do all those years ago. Should've listened to her!
Comment Comment | Permalink

KitSound BoomBar Universal Portable Rechargeable Stereo Bluetooth Speaker Compatible with Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Devices - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 20 May 2014
Long charge life, looks fabulous (we have black), great sound, small enough to take most places, easy to connect. Only issue is the speakers can't be too far away from the device playing the music and it occasionally falters when I walk between the two but if you keep them reasonably close together (2 metres), you shouldn't have any problems.

Aigle Women's Aiglentine Wellington Boots - Aubergine, 7.5 UK
Aigle Women's Aiglentine Wellington Boots - Aubergine, 7.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable wellies!, 20 May 2014
I was looking for wellies that were longer lasting than the cheaper "fashion" ones I have bought in the past. I have had these about 6 months and used them for dog walking, gardening, snow and mud and they haven't failed me yet! They are comfortable, grippy and don't rub or chafe. I love the colour but would probably prefer half a size smaller (I am size 7 and I ordered size 7). I usually wear 2 pairs of socks so this is definitely not an issue in the winter.

Me & My Black & Grey Medium Super Soft Dog Bed
Me & My Black & Grey Medium Super Soft Dog Bed
Offered by SDE Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for use, not so great for washing., 20 May 2014
Our dog loves this bed. It is his space and sanctuary and he uses it a LOT! Only issue was washing the cushion that goes in the base as it came out lumpy. I don't think the dog minds though! The rest of it washed well :-)

Reusable Ladies Invisible Push Up Bra Self Adhesive Seamless Backless Black Nude S/M/L ABCD Plunge Silicone Plunging Stick on Instant Push Up Cleavage Natural Effect Front Closure (C/D, Black)
Offered by L&L (UK seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 20 May 2014
I bought this to wear under a black halterneck dress with a low back and it worked like a dream. It was easily re-positionable, comfortable to wear, stayed on all night without adjustment and left no sticky residue on my skin. It offered enough support for the whole evening (although I didn't dance) and was small enough to be hidden by my dress. The push up function worked well too!

Q-Connect KF21001 Suspension File Tabbed Foolscap 43.2 x 33.6 x 6.4 cm (Pack of 50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for use, 14 Nov. 2013
Once I had worked out the size I needed for my filing cabinet, I ordered these due to the reviews. They are perfect for use. Yes, they bend if you over fill them but just keep the contents to a sensible level and you will be fine. Lots of tabs and tags included and easy to use.

Duronic HV101 Black Mica Panel 2.5KW Radiant Convector Heater with thermostat - Oil Free Heater - Heats up in 1 Minute
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Heats quickly!, 14 Nov. 2013
There are lots of settings which allow for full on to background heat. It is light and easy to move along the floor on it's 2 wheels. It is as stylish as you would imagine for a convector heater and I would recommend it to anyone with a small to medium sized room to heat.

Swees® New Kindle Fire HD Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand for the New Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet 16GB or 32GB (25 Oct 2012 Version) with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature, Includes Screen Protector and Stylus Pen (Purple with white Dots)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, performs well, 14 Nov. 2013
I am very happy with this, it looks great, people notice it, it holds my kindle fire well and offers plenty of protection. The stand allows for hands free usage and sits nicely upright or really laid back. I've had mine for almost a year and it looks as good as new.

Morphy Richards Meno 47587 Espresso Maker, Plum
Morphy Richards Meno 47587 Espresso Maker, Plum

4.0 out of 5 stars Good points and bad points, 14 Nov. 2013
Does great tasting fresh coffee at the perfect strength. There is an alternative insert that you can use for the coffee pods (like big teabags) but they didn't work nearly as well and gave much weaker coffee. We only use the 2 shot insert, never the one shot, but then we don't drink espresso. You will need to invest in some limescale remover if you live in a hard water area and regular cleaning is essential to avoid the water tank getting green in lighter situations. The valve on the bottom of the water tank sometimes sticks but all this is worth it for the fantastic cup of coffee it produces.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4