Profile for richardd > Reviews

Citronic USB Audio Capture Device
Citronic USB Audio Capture Device
Offered by Electronic-Star-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy., 21 Sept. 2017
Worked out of the box. Have used it to digitise tapes and LPs. With Audacity (free to download) this is a powerful piece of kit for those of us have legacy recordings. Easy to take out surface hiss and other noise. For LPs I had to attach directly to the output of the turntable, which took a while to figure out, but once I did it was easy. The only down side is that it works in real time - rather than ripping a CD in fast.time. But that is a minor thing. All in all a good buy.

dizauL Leather Case Cover Stand with Wireless Bluetooth Silicone Waterproof Keyboard for iPad 2 3 4, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and does all it says it does., 21 Sept. 2017
Sturdy and does all it says it does. The "lost" star is because the IPAD doesn't turn off when the cover is closed. Other than that it is great.

Denes Rhus Tox, 15 ml
Denes Rhus Tox, 15 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars No appreciable effect, 21 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Denes Rhus Tox, 15 ml (Target)
In our case this had no appreciable effect. After using the whole bottle over a month or so, the dog limps now just like it did before we used it.

MediaDevil Stylus (Regular, Black) for Tablets & Smartphones (e.g. Apple iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus) - Magicwand stylus
Offered by MediaDevil

2.0 out of 5 stars Worn out in 6 months use, 11 Aug. 2014
I bought one of these in late Feb 2014 and it has now given up the ghost. The rubber end piece has slowly become detached from the stylus and is now useless. Given that it has not had any rough handling and is only intermittently in use, I think this is too short a life expectancy and would not buy it again.

For £10 I would expect something more durable

Update.
Since writing the words above I have been contacted by MediaDevil to say that they will provide a replacement tip for the stylus. True to their word, it arrived NEXT DAY! (maybe they have a special "in" with the post office)and they even provided a link to a YouTube video of how to fit it. All in all excellent customer service.

Apple iPad 2 / 3 / 4 (2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation, 2011-2012) Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

3.0 out of 5 stars iPad Screen Protector, 30 April 2013
This is fine once fitted - doesn't seem to affect the sensitivity at all. However, fitting it was a pain. Although I was very careful, there were "dust" spots under the film as I applied it that were the very devil to get off. I ended up leaving a couple as I felt I was taking the film on and off too much to remove them with the sticky tape, as was advised.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2013 2:51 PM BST

Panasonic ES-RT31 Wet/Dry Triple Blade Rechargeable Electric Shaver Trimmer
Panasonic ES-RT31 Wet/Dry Triple Blade Rechargeable Electric Shaver Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic ES-RT31 Shaver, 31 July 2011
I bought this shaver to replace a sucession of Braun shavers over the years. The last one had a dying battery and needed new foils - which would cost more than a new shaver. So, based on research and reviews, I switched to this Panasonic, which I have been using - as a dry shaver - for about a month.

There was the usual Amazon delivery - swift and efficient. Enough said on that.

The shaver is good for the price. It is easy to hold and use, controls are well positioned, cuts well generally (but see below) and recharges quickly. The trimmer is good - much better than the flimsy one on my last Braun shaver. Cleaning is easy, with soap and water. Generally it feels solid and well made.

The main down side is that I find it poor for long hairs under the chin. I need to use the trimmer there regularly to shorten them so that the main blades will cut them. Means it just takes a bit longer. Other minor niggles are:
- the "case" is a simple cloth bag. Surely a hard case would be more sensible?
- it won't work while charging (as advertised but a bit annoying)
- the charge is advertised to last 60 mins. I'm finding it takes a lot less until the recharge light comes on but then there is still 3 or 4 shaves left, so overall it's OK but perhaps the light should perhaps click on later.

At the price, it was a good buy - no gimmicks and works well enough to represent good value.

Dyson DC33 Stubborn Upright Vacuum Cleaner For Stubborn Dirt Removal
Dyson DC33 Stubborn Upright Vacuum Cleaner For Stubborn Dirt Removal

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC33 "Stubborn" vacuum cleaner, 17 May 2011
We bought this to replace a very old DC01 cleaner that was getting past it. We have had it a couple of months now and it has been a success. It is as good as all Dysons at "sucking" - better than any other make we have tried. We have 2 dogs so the efficiency of the cleaner is paramount - and we have not been disappointed.
Pros:
* Very efficient cleaning
* Easy (and clean) to empty
* Easy to switch between hard and carpet floors - brush bar on/off
* Interchangeable accessories with our other Dyson cleaner
* Long life filters (that need to be cleaner regularly)
* Very long reach hose
Cons:
* Expensive (as all Dysons are)
* Quality of manufacture/assembly is not as good as the DC01 (but still OK)
* Storage of only two accessories on the cleaner - others in a box and never where you are
* Lack of a positive connection between the solid and curly parts of the hose

Also, it took a while to realise that the only difference between the various DC33 models on sale was the types of accessories included. The base machine is the same for all three. However, once ordered it was quickly delivered in good quality packaging.

Overall we are happy with it and would buy it again.

Berghaus Men's Explorer Trek Hiking Boot
Berghaus Men's Explorer Trek Hiking Boot

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor durability, 16 Oct. 2010
I bought a pair of these - through Amazon - in the summer of 2009. Through the summer they were great - comfortable, good grip and waterproof. However, within 10 months of daily use walking the dogs over gentle farmland and tracks, both boots had cracked on the inner edge about the level of the second lace hole (where there is a seam)and were letting in water - even when walking through dewy grass. I am unhappy about the quality as I don't believe that a pair of Berghaus boots at £100 should wear out in under a year of moderate use.

I note that the latest version has no seam in that place now - so perhaps they have upgraded the design.

Mine do not act as a good advert for Berghaus and I will think hard before buying them again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2011 1:04 PM BST