Profile for Katherine Phillips > Reviews

Content by Katherine Phillips

Katherine Phillips "katherineliz3"

The Patient's Encyclopaedia of Urinary Tract Infection, Sexual Cystitis and Interstitial Cystitis: The International Bible on self-help in UTIs

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 7 Oct. 2013
I think the basic ideas in this book are useful and if you like your self-help delivered in the form of a judgemental lecture, then this is for you. I'm not sure when the text was actually written (the kindle edition was made available in 2010) but it comes across as very old fashioned. It is also badly edited, making it difficult to follow in some places. I have given it 3 stars because I do suffer from recurrent cystitis and I have been unable to find any useful help from the many doctors I have visited. With that in mind I will try Ms Kilmartin's advice but I can't say as I would try any of her other self-help books.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 4:15 PM GMT

The Night Rainbow
The Night Rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Night Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely story about a friendship between a little girl and a lonely man. It is a sweet story about how we deal with grief and the things that happen to us in life and the scars they leave. The voices in this book are so real and the author has really captured the way a five year old sees the world. I loved this book.

Lonely Planet Switzerland (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Switzerland (Travel Guide)

3.0 out of 5 stars Better in book form...., 20 Aug. 2013
I really like Lonely Planet guides and I always buy them when I travel. I decided to get this one on my Kindle. The information in the book is all really useful as always but on the kindle the maps aren't very easy to see and it is really difficult to navigate to the information you want to find in the guide. Next time I’ll go for the paperback version.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Royal Purple - fits all Paperwhite generations

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says......, 5 Mar. 2013
This cover fits perfectly on my kindle and I am confident it will protect it. However, it is NOT 'Royal Purple' as described and pictured. It is more like a mulberry colour than anything else. For this reason I am a little disappointed with my order.