Profile for Mrs. J. S. Paylor-sykes > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. S. Pay...

Mrs. J. S. Paylor-sykes (Devon, England)

Oliver's Milkshake
Oliver's Milkshake
by Vivian French

5.0 out of 5 stars Oliver's yummy scrummy fruity frothy icy nicy milkshake!, 27 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Oliver's Milkshake (Paperback)
These books are just great for introducing a healthy lifestyle. I've always been a fan of 'Oliver's vegetables'; but now i've found 'Oliver's milkshake' and 'Oliver's fruit salad'!

I teach 4 and 5 year olds, they can really understand Oliver and his thoughts. They love the bright pictures and easy to understand text.

Another great read from Vivian French!

Robin Red Vest
Robin Red Vest
by Jan Fearnley

4.0 out of 5 stars SHARING AT CHRISTMAS-THE TRUE SPIRIT, 27 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Robin Red Vest (Paperback)
This story is the true meaning of Christmas.The first time I read the story to my class of 4 year olds, myself and my classroom assistant had tears in our eyes by the penultimate page! The children were mesmerised by the pictures and the amount of vests the robin owned! This will be a christmas classic! A wonderful, warm, fuzzy read.

The Cat In The Hat [VHS]
The Cat In The Hat [VHS]
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars Intersting, but not a patch on the books by Dr Seuss, 4 Nov. 2004
I wanted to enjoy this film-in fact I waited in eager anticipation to watch it. Watch it I did and sadly it did not fulfill my fondness of recalling The cat in the hat book, a favourite with my class. It is enjoyable but often the books are better than the films!

Stellaluna
Stellaluna
by Janell Cannon

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL TEACHING BOOK, 4 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Stellaluna (Paperback)
I read this story to my class of 4 year olds today. They were mesmorised by the poignancy of both the pictures and heart warming story. My classroom assistant even had a tear in her eye at one point!! A fantastic, wonderful book to share with others.

Observing and Assessing for the Foundation Stage Profile
Observing and Assessing for the Foundation Stage Profile
by Vicky Hutchin

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Easy layout for those unfamiliar with the FSP, 12 July 2004
This is a simple book, with some good ideas.For those of us who have been working with children for a long time this book is nothing new. It does give those people unfamiliar with the Foundation Stage Profile food for thought though.Good for those starting out in the Foundation Stage.

Threads of Thinking: Young Children Learning and the Role of Early Education
Threads of Thinking: Young Children Learning and the Role of Early Education
by Cathy Nutbrown

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible, easy to use and dip into, 12 July 2004
I haven't read a lot about Schemas-this book is a great introduction.It is easy to understand and I have shared it with others within the Foundation Stage.

Yogalates: 1 - Solomon Yogalates [DVD]
Yogalates: 1 - Solomon Yogalates [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars pacey and worthwhile, 3 July 2004
I don't like going to exercise classes- so I decided to buy this and try it at home! I have been following parts of the DVD each day for nearly three months and have noticed a big difference in the way I look and feel. I actually enjoy getting ready to join in-which is a first for me!

Eye-Popping 3D Bulletin Boards
Eye-Popping 3D Bulletin Boards
by Susan L. Lingo

3.0 out of 5 stars A well set out, easy to use book, 9 Mar. 2002
This book is simple and easy to use. It has photocopiable pages-great for those of us who are not artistic, and simple to follow instructions. A good book for people who are in Church schools, or linked to childrens Church groups.

Interactive Bulletin Boards--Math: Build Math Concepts and Skills with Dozens of Easy=to=make Displays!
by Joan Novelli

5.0 out of 5 stars New interactive bulletin board ideas, 9 Mar. 2002
A great book, fresh approaches, quick and simple to use and easy to update. All black and white photos, showing the boards being used. I would highly recommend this book for teachers searching for inspiration!

3-D Bulletin Boards, with Patterns (Kids' Stuff)
3-D Bulletin Boards, with Patterns (Kids' Stuff)
by Lynn Brisson

1.0 out of 5 stars black and white photocopiable book, 9 Mar. 2002
This book was not as good as I had hoped it would be. The ideas were not new and there were no colour pictures of finished bulletin boards. a very simple book.