Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit
Profile for R. GALVEZ > Reviews

Content by R. GALVEZ

R. GALVEZ (Peru)

Fretboard Mastery
Fretboard Mastery
by Troy Stetina
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guitar theory book, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Fretboard Mastery (Sheet music)
I love this book! I have excellent music theory, for guitar books, from Tom Kolb, Jesse Gress,Barrett Tagliarino, and Don Latarski and this is the warmest, since Troy writes to you like a friend, in an informal way, trying to explain all the complex subjects from music. And it really helps you in being a better musician and composer. This book deals with all aspects in melody and harmony and how to really know the fretboard..it is a lifetime companion...100% recommended.

Empty Glass: Deluxe Edition
Empty Glass: Deluxe Edition
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reissue, 18 Mar. 2013
This is an excellent album from Pete Townshend. The edition is really cool with some additional demos. Essential purchase if you love The Who or PT.

Troy Nelson Guitar Aerobics (Book & Online Audio) (Book)
Troy Nelson Guitar Aerobics (Book & Online Audio) (Book)
by Troy Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase, 5 Nov. 2012
Ok If you are a beginner and you can not do some exercises just leave them for later, anyway have this book,practice it, because it gives you good technique, an element we all guitarist should keep in mind (and our fingers too) in our musical path. 100% recommended.

Thin Air
Thin Air

5.0 out of 5 stars A trascendent gem, 13 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Thin Air (Audio CD)
Hammill has recorded a lot of albums..maybe too many. But this one is a gem from start to end. We love the daring musician who's not afraid to experiment. HIs playing is exact. The eerie voices, the piano, Meurglys the guitar, and above all his heart.One of his best albums. Period.

Front Parlour Ballads
Front Parlour Ballads

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Front Parlour Ballads (Audio CD)
I agree with the former reviewer in which RT's new CD consists of demanding songs . But we RT fans know that Richard will always walk in the borders of light and darkness,or accesibility and avant garde. While 'Mock Tudor' and 'The Old Kit Bag' were really good, what I love about this new offering is finding a sense of unity that was the flaw of many RT's previous work ,even if you will find his usual eclecticism of celtic, blues and classic influence (like Debussy for instance).You won't hear the usual 'guitar solos' that,while excellent,have been a trademark in RT's career.However, this time RT offers pure naked songs that shine in the beauty of simplicity.

Rikky Rooksby: How to Write Great Tunes
Rikky Rooksby: How to Write Great Tunes
by Rikky Rooksby

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 18 July 2005
I don't agree with the former rewiever. I think everything depends on how we approach the lessons. To me this book is really helpful because it allows me to understand how to link melody and harmony, how we can avoid monotony,develop rhythm skills, how to dare with dissonance and syncope if we want to be creative or how to work with intervals and notes that are not part of a scale. The accompanying CD is really good. I don't care about the sound because it is used for instruction, not to be played as definitive arranged music.Rooksby's books are really excellent for aspiring songswriters like me.