Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos
Profile for Carl Poulton > Reviews

Content by Carl Poulton

Carl Poulton "Carl P" (Staffs UK)

Blackwater
Blackwater

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of words but little substance, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Blackwater (Kindle Edition)
I just didn't find the characters very interesting and pretty much saw through the plot relatively early on. I know the descriptive style can work but not for me in this book. Certainly not a thriller or detective/mystery. More a detailed view of the human condition.

The Straw Men
The Straw Men

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Straw Men (Kindle Edition)
This book was great, super start, solid middle and a good ending for me. It kind of sucked me in at the start and kept enough mystery back all the way through to keep you interested. Good idea and like the subversiveness off the whole plot.

Post-Human Trilogy (Books 1-3)
Post-Human Trilogy (Books 1-3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Different and innovative, 30 Nov. 2013
Enjoyed the series of books. They're fast flowing and easy to read but underneath it all is a thought provoking future which makes you think and see the world today a little differently.

It's not easy to write futuristic books because they either become medieval or gothic parodies or just ridiculously unbelievable.I think this series is pretty good even if there are some outlandish events.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really fit properly, 17 May 2011
Got the case and clipped onto my iphone 4. Was a struggle to clip on properly and was slightly too small so that there was a small gap on one side of the phone. Never really fitted properly.

It then fell off the sofa (about 2 feet) onto the corner of the case and the little clips broke.

Useless item - took off and binned.

1.8m - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable by Neet® - (VIDEO Adapter lead for Apple iMac- Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air & PC with Mini DP etc.) *** Supports Audio and new THUNDERBOLT Port ***
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 17 May 2011
Great item, well made and well packaged - plastic covers on the metal connectors at either end.

Within 5 mins of plugging the cable in and googling I had my Mac on my Sony tv with display and audio.

On the Mac just make sure that you display displays on the menu bar and then plug in to tv and from the displays menu bar choices make sure you choose mirror so you can have the screen on both Mac and Tv. All that's left is Sound, just open the Sound preferences and just choose your tv under the Output area.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 11:32 AM BST

Sennheiser CX300-B High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black
Sennheiser CX300-B High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but fiddly to get right, 23 Feb. 2007
I read the other reviews on this product and decided that I'd go for them.

Initially I felt they were inferior to the bog standard Ipod earphones. The depth of sound, base etc was missing. To quote another reviewer they were tinny.

But then I started to mess around with the ear buds and the placement of the earphones in the ear. After some tweaking I managed to get the correct bud and a far richer sound, a great sound in fact. The sound seems to even better when you 'earth' the back of each earphone. Placing a finger on them creates an even better sound. I managed to get the phones in a position where the back of the phone is touching part of my ear.

The wire is a funny flexible stuff that generally doesn't knot which is also good.

I have only rated as 3 as there are a few annoying things. Firstly the ear phones can come out if running etc and that can be annoying. Secondly the fact that one earphone wire is shorter than the other is just bizarre and really irritating. And thirdly the jack connector is at an angle and quite fat so if you have an Ipod cover to protect the jack doesn't sit in fully.

I hope this was useful.