Profile for T. McParland > Reviews

Content by T. McParland

T. McParland "razz1e" (Manchester, UK)

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not judge a book by its cover, 30 Dec. 2006
I have to admit, I dismissed this band before I'd even heard their music - I initially placed them into the same pile as all those other bands with ridiculous, longwinded, clever names. Thankfully I was proven wrong.

Not an album I would ever have come to if it weren't for having read the CYHSY mentioned in the same sentence as Mercury Rev, Rufus Wainwright, Flaming Lips etc - comparisons which I can hear. Pleasantly suprised by this album - highly recommend it - particular highlight being 'Details of War'.

The Eraser
The Eraser

4.0 out of 5 stars Thom Yorke - The Eraser, 15 July 2006
This review is from: The Eraser (Audio CD)
Great.

Comparisons to Aphex Twin simply because they both use 'beeps and bleeps is pointless. The two are completely different. What Thom Yorke does here is turn them into actual songs which are bearable, and more than that, enjoyable.

Though there are some single worthy songs on there, I think it's an album piece, one which is best listened to in one go.