Profile for Miss R. Frail > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 662

Miss R. Frail (England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mpow?iSnap X One-piece U-Shape Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter-Blue
Offered by Patuoxun

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic compact high quality selfie stick, 21 May 2015
First impressions of the Mpow selfie stick is how compact it is. It looks very sleek and stylish and well built. I did not feel at all nervous to try this out with my iPhone 6. The box includes;

Mpow selfie stick
USB to micro USB charging cable

When folded the stick is 18cm long. The foldable clamp which holds the phone is approx. 5.5cm long but extends to approx. 8cm to contain larger phones. The handle is covered in a thick durable rubber, which is none slip. The stick has a lanyard with adjustable strap so you can secure the stick to your wrist whilst taking photos. The phone clamp rotates 180 degrees so you can take forward and rear facing photographs.

The function button is located on the top of the handle. To turn on, press and hold for 3 seconds and this will enable the Bluetooth for you to pair with your phone. The M with flash intermittently to indicate pairing. The Bluetooth pairing name is Mpow iSnap X. Once connected to your phone, the M will remain lit. Once you have initially paired the stick, connection is instant when you turn on the stick if you leave your Bluetooth on. To take a photo, simply open your camera app and place your phone in the clamp and press M when you are ready to shoot.

This stick was taken on a 4 day stag do by my fiancé and was thoroughly tested. It easily fitted into his pocket when not in use and did not fall out. When extended, the stick is 74cm from phone clamp to base of handle, giving you a fantastic height to take your photos. The stick was charged initially for a few hours when receive and was used each day and night for 4 days and did not require recharging. The stick works in both Camera and Snap Chat Apps. NOTE, this will work with any photo app which allows you take a photo with the volume up button.

To summarise, this is a fantastic robust selfie stick which securely holds your phone to take photographs. I highly recommend and is very deserving of 5 stars.

I hope this review was helpful!

I wish to advise I received this product to test and provide an impartial honest review.

NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve
NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve
Offered by The Beauty Store UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Mauve NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil - A fantastic rival for Mac Whirl, 21 May 2015
I was forever admiring a friends lips and asked what she used, she like most women lately was wearing Macs whirl lip liner and velvet teddy lipstick. I tried for what felt like weeks to get my hands on them to no avail, always sold out! I finally managed to purchase the lipstick and searched online to see if I could find a alternative to whirl. All the major bloggers were raving about NYX Lip Pencil in Mauve and how it was almost identical to whirl .. at a fraction of the cost.

It arrived and I was so impressed. The quality is fantastic and it applies very smoothly and has a lovely finish and importantly, looks fabulous with velvet teddy! My friend compared it to her whirl liner and there was not much difference! :)

I highly recommend this lip liner and it's so much cheaper than it's Mac rival!

Comment Comment | Permalink

Magic Sand - 800g- Play Sand With No Mess! - Sculpture, Mold And Play!!
Magic Sand - 800g- Play Sand With No Mess! - Sculpture, Mold And Play!!
Offered by Balloon Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Motion sand - Amazing family fun, 20 May 2015
I purchased this on a whim as I thought it would be a fantastic rainy day activity. The advised age range is 3 years+ but I have no issues letting my 17 month old son play with it supervised.

The sand consistency is very strange, it is solid when shaped but does run through your fingers as detailed in the attached photo. It is very easy to mould. My son had a little competition from the adults to play with it so it really is for the whole family to enjoy. The sand as claimed creates little mess and is very easy to tidy as it sticks to itself. I plan to purchase more as my son gets older ... his dad has already been browsing the range online.

I hope this review was helpful

Motion Sand® Creative Bucket Playset
Motion Sand® Creative Bucket Playset
Offered by net_price_direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Motion sand - Amazing family fun, 20 May 2015

The sand consistency is very strange, it is solid when shaped but does run through your fingers as detailed in the attached photo. It is very easy to mould. He had a little competition from the adults to play with it so it really is for the whole family to enjoy. The sand as claimed creates little mess and is very easy to tidy as it sticks to itself. I plan to purchase more as my son gets older ... his dad has already been browsing the range online.

I hope this review was helpful

by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Boynton's Greatest Hits: Volume 2 - Another Hit, 20 May 2015
My son is 17 months and little book worm. After a little online researching looking for fun educational books, I discovered Sandra Boynton. Her reviews were excellent and volume 1 was a huge hit with my son - Boynton's Greatest Hits: volume I: Boxed Set (Boynton Board Books).

The 4 board books arrive in a thick cardboard box for easy storage. The pages are very thick and durable, they withstand rough handling as well as lots of biting and drooling from my son. The simple rhyming stories are very engaging and educational. The target age range is 2 to 5 years old, but my son will happily sit and listen to them. One thing I love about this range is the illustration is very engaging. My son will point out animals and make their sounds etc and they capture and retain his attention through the entire story. I didn't know what to expect from the books having not heard of the author before, so thought it would be helpful to detail the books.

The 4 books include;

1 - The going to bed book- This story is about the bedtime routine of animals who live aboard a boat. It reads

The sun has set not long ago
Now everyone goes down below
To take a bath in one big tub with soap all over - SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB
They hang their towels on the wall
and find pajamas big and small
With some on top and some beneath, they brush and brush and brush their teeth
And when the moon is on the rise, they all go up ... to exercise
And down once more, but not so fast, they're on their way to bed at last
The day is done. They say goodnight, and someone turns out the light
The moon is high. The sea is deep. They rock and rock and rock to sleep.

2 - Horns to toes and in between - This book teaches body parts in a fantastic rhyming story. I find it brilliant for encouraging your child to point out the items detailed in the story, a lovely story. It reads;

Oh, we've all got these HORNS right on top of our HEAD. And we've all each got two EARS so we can hear what you said ...
And we've all got a MOUTH so we can eat, sing, or talk. And we've all got two FEET so we can go for a walk.
Yes, we've all got ten TOES. And we've all each got a NOSE.
And we've all got two EYES that can open and close. And we have a fuzzy TUMMY that we all like to pat. And a little BELLY BUTTON in the middle of that.
Well, we've each got a back and a TAIL that is long. And two very fine ARMS and two LEGS that are strong.
We've got two handy HANDS and our FINGERS count ten. We can tickle, tickle, tickle or just count again!
You see out TEETH when we grin. You see out TONGUES when it's hot. You can watch us shake & shimmy with whatever we've got.

3 - Opposites - This book is self-explanatory. It is fantastically illustrated and we love to point out the animals IT reads;

Big and small. Short and tall.
High and Low. fast and slow.
Heavy and light. Day and night.
In and out. Whisper and shout.
Weak and strong. Right and wrong.
Hot and cold. Young and old.
Wet and dry. Hello, goodbye.

4 - But not the hippopotamus - This book is about a lonely hippopotamus who watches other animals having fun until they all make friends and he joins in. It reads;

A hog and frog cavort in the bog. But not the hippopotamus.
A cat and two rats are trying on hats. But not the hippopotamus.
A moose and a goose together have some juice. But not the hippopotamus.
A bear and a hare have been to the fair. But not the hippopotamus.
Now the hog and the frog hurry out for a jog with the car and the rats in their new running hats ...
... While the moose and the bear and the goose and the hare are doing their best to keep up with the rest. But not the hippopotamus.
Then the animal pack comes scurrying back. saying "Hey come join the lot of us!" And she doesn't know know - Should she stay? Should she go?
But YES the hippopotamus! But not the armadillo.

The books are small enough to pop into a changing bag to enjoy out and about. They frequently keep my son entertained when eating out .. as well as the adults. This series is just as good as volume 1 and I highly recommend!

Motion Sand Beach Bucket Playset
Motion Sand Beach Bucket Playset

The box contains;

1 bag of kinetic/motion sand
9 moulds - Seahorse, shell, car, plane, train, crab, boat, star, fish
1 x roller which creates animal paw prints
Props - Hat, 2 x arms, 2 x hands, 1 x eyes, 1 x antennas

The sand consistency is very strange, it is solid when shaped but does run through your fingers as detailed in the attached photo. It is very easy to mould, my son had so much fun filling the moulds and turning them over to reveal the shape. He had a little competition from the adults to play with it so it really is for the whole family to enjoy. The sand as claimed creates little mess and is very easy to tidy as it sticks to itself. The amount of sand received means you can fill 8 of the 9 moulds at one time. I plan to purchase more as my son gets older ... his dad has already been browsing the range online.

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind

5.0 out of 5 stars Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind - Night time at bedtime :), 19 May 2015
I am very fortunate my son has always been a good sleeper, he settles himself in his cot and falls asleep quite quickly. Once the nights started to become lighter, he was restless once put down at 7pm and became frustrated and not to mention over tired. A friend suggested a black out blind and after a quick search, I found the Gro anywhere black out blind. I have a few Gro products so did not hesitate to purchase this blind as it is a brand I trust.

The blind arrives in a travel bag for easy storage/transport when not in use. The blind measures 198 x 130cm but can be reduced in size to fit a smaller window by the Velcro tabs, as detailed in the attached photo. The blind is fairly thick and reduces the light dramatically. The star design is subtle and not too visible when in use. The suction cups can at times can fall down if they are not pushed firmly against the glass, providing they are slightly moist and fixed firmly against the flat glass you will not have a issues in my experience.

As you can see from the before and after photographs, my sons room is very bright at his bedtime. Once the blind is up, his room is extremely dark ... I had the landing light on so there was sufficient light to make the window visible. :)

I highly recommend this blind, it really does black out most unwanted light meaning you can have a restful night without the sun disturbing your sleep.

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Animals
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Animals
Offered by Big Bears Toy Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Animals, 19 May 2015
Once my son began to walk, simple household tasks sometimes felt more like a episode of the crystal maze! He would always find something he shouldn't be doing/touching whilst I raced against the clock to get what I needed done. These magnets have been a god send as they keep him entertained and are teaching him new animals and sounds.

They come in a lovely wooden presentation box and the 20 animals are;

Giraffe
Cockerel
Rabbit
Fish

The animals vary in sizes are are brightly illustrated and importantly well made. I have several Melissa & Doug products and it's a brand I trust. As advertised, each animal is magnetic so can be placed on any magnetic service. My son loves to transfer them from the fridge to the washing machine and back.

I highly recommend and have purchased additional boxes are gifts.

I hope this review was helpul

[2015 New Release] Mpow® iSnap X One-piece U-Shape Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter, Blue
Offered by Patuoxun

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic compact high quality selfie stick, 19 May 2015

Mpow selfie stick
USB to micro USB charging cable

I hope this review was helpful!

Comment Comment | Permalink

Boynton's Greatest Hits: volume I: Boxed Set (Boynton Board Books)
Boynton's Greatest Hits: volume I: Boxed Set (Boynton Board Books)
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Boynton's Greatest Hits- Volume I, 18 May 2015
My son is 16 months and little book worm. After a little online researching looking for fun educational books, I discovered Sandra Boynton. Her reviews were excellent so I did not hesitate to order volume one.

The 4 books include;

1 - Blue Hat, Green Hat - This story teaches simple colours and items of clothing. The wrong way to wear each item is displayed by a silly Turkey. It reads;

Blue Hat, Green Hat, red Hat ... OPPS
Red Shirt, Blue Shirt, Yellow Shirt, OPPS
Yellow Pants, red Pants, Green Pants,OPPS
Blue Coat ... OPPS
Red Socks ... OPPS
Green Shoes, Yellow Shoes, Blue Shoes, OPPS
Yellow Hat, Green Shirt, Blue Pants, Purple Socks, Red Shoes ... OPPS

2 - Moo, Baa, La La La - This story teaches simple animal noises and is fantastic for encouraging your child to point out the various animals and the sounds they make. It reads;

A cow says Moo
A sheep says Baa
Three singing pigs say La La La
"No, No!" you say, that isn't right
The pig says OINK all day and night
Rhinoceroses SNORT and SNUFF and little dogs go RUFF RUFF RUFF
Some other dogs go BOW WOW WOW
And cars and kittens sat MEOW
QUACK says the duck
A horse says NEIGH
It's quite now, what do YOU say?

3 - Doggies - This book counts from 1 to 10 and is lots of fun. each dog has a different bark, meaning you can be very silly and giggle all the way through. IT reads;

1 dog WOOF
2 dogs WOOF, YAP YAP
3 dogs WOOF, YAP YAP, Nnn...nnn.nnn
4 dogs WOOF, YAP YAP, Nnn...nnn.nnn, Ruff Ruff Ruff Ruff
5 dogs WOOF, YAP YAP, Nnn...nnn.nnn, Ruff Ruff Ruff Ruff, Bow wow wow wow wow
6 quite dogs
7 dogs WOOF, YAP YAP, Nnn...nnn.nnn, Ruff Ruff Ruff Ruff, Bow wow wow wow wow, Ar ROOFF Ar ROOFF Ar ROOFF, Arf arf arf arf arf arf ... and one more makes 8 RROWFF
9 dogs on a moonlit night AAAA-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
10 dogs WOOF, YAP YAP, Nnn...nnn.nnn, Ruff Ruff Ruff Ruff, Bow wow wow wow wow, Ar ROOFF Ar ROOFF Ar ROOFF, Arf arf arf arf arf arf, RROWF, Grrrrrrrrr, RAOW, RAOW, RAOW and one cat ... Mrrroww!

4 - A to Z - This book is as you would expect the alphabet and is illustrated with each corresponding letter. Some examples detailed are different to anything I would think of so it introduces your little one to new animals. It reads;

A - Aardvark Admiring
W - Weasel Whistling
X -Xylo Xylophoning
Y - Yaks Yawning
Z - Zebra Zigzagging

The books are small enough to pop into a changing bag to enjoy out and about. They frequently keep my son entertained when eating out .. as well as the adults. I have also purchased the next instalment as we love this so much Boynton's Greatest Hits: Volume 2/The Going-To-Bed Book; Horns to Toes; Opposites; But Not the Hippopotamus

I highly recommend! I hope this review was helpful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20