Profile for yankpino > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Smart TV, 31 Jan. 2016
We're very pleased with this device. We didn't need the HDMI cable after all, which was great because I forgot to buy it as a bundled item. We like the voice remote. You won't use it all the time, but it is good for the searches. It understands both our voices quite well. The stick is easy to set up, and time spent buffering is minimum, although it does happen; especially when we watch programs that aren't already on our lists. We should've gotten one of these years ago.

Sony KDL-26U3000 - 26'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
Sony KDL-26U3000 - 26'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bedroom-sized screen, 31 Jan. 2016
This TV looks old now, because the outer frame is so wide in comparison with newer TVs. It's never given us a moment's trouble, and we've had it for a long time now. I really like the base, because it's small and sturdy. This is my first Sony TV, and I was not disappointed.

Luna Guitars UKE HTT 8 Satin 8 String High Tide Tenor Ukulele
Luna Guitars UKE HTT 8 Satin 8 String High Tide Tenor Ukulele

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Control?, 5 Jan. 2016
I wasn't happy when this one arrived. It should have been sent back, but I need this instrument on the night, and had already paid extra ££ for Express Delivery (which was awesome and right on time).

The problem is NO QUALITY CONTROL at the Luna factory. This uke should have never been sent out. The nut was not filed down properly on the bass and treble sides, and it hurt my left hand to play. I have never owned an instrument that was so uncomfortable to play. I had to file it down myself. I also think the strings were put on in correctly. I'd have put the bass strings on the left-hand side of the pairs on 4 and 3, but they are on the right. I plan to change the strings shortly. The supplied strings are GHS, as another reviewer has said.

I love the idea of this instrument, but it was all executed badly at Luna. It is a great-sounded 8-string, and the price point is fair -- provided it comes out of the box in a playable condition. Mine was nowhere near the right tuning. I feel it had never been tuned properly. All the guts of the pickup wiring were visible in the sound hole. All this could have been pushed back or secured in the cavity. Again, it just seemed like the whole thing had been rushed to the dealer. I expected more at this price.

Mahalo STN2211-CN Art Series Constellation Design Soprano Ukulele
Mahalo STN2211-CN Art Series Constellation Design Soprano Ukulele

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the Price!, 5 Jan. 2016
I have been playing ukulele for a few years now, and I lost one of my ukes in a house fire last September. I wanted an inexpensive uke for travel and camping, so I put this one on my Wish List, and a very good friend bought it for my Xmas present. I've had it for over a week now, and am happy with it. The tuning is finally getting close to okay. It always takes a long time with ukuleles.

I am not giving it 5 stars because it doesn't have fret markers on the top of the fret board. The markers are only on the side. I might not have chosen it if I had known, but I am getting along okay without them.

The tuners are great. They are large, and very much like banjo tuners. They are very stable and substantial. I love the way they feel and hold. The finish is great. The constellations are very detailed, and circle around a "sun" sound hole. This is all way better than it looks in the Amazon pic. I will probably change the strings in due time. I usually find ukuleles do best with Aquila strings.

The gig bag isn't great. It is about as cheap as could be, but it works and is included in the price. If you want a better bag, buy it later for £15 or so quid. I feel the price for the whole package is very fiar for what you get.

The intonation isn't bad for an instrument at this price point. Again, it could be better, but there isn't much in it. If you mostly play on the first 5 frets, you probably won't notice.

Luna Guitars UKE MALU EL Satin Maluhia Electric Concert Ukulele
Luna Guitars UKE MALU EL Satin Maluhia Electric Concert Ukulele

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Concert Ukulele!, 19 Oct. 2015
I bought this for my wife, who was playing a Redmond soprano uke. She is left-handed, so we swapped strings 3 and 2 and did a re-tune. It always takes a few weeks for this to settle in, but then it was great. The action is nice on the Peace uke and it sounds good plugged in. The design is attractive and artsy. I'd buy this again. It is the first time I've seen a Luna uke up close. I am definitely interested in the High Tide Tenor for myself someday. This is a nice "step-up" for anyone wanting to upgrade their first ukulele. It came with a gig bag, which was better than most uke bags, because it has shoulder straps and a zipper front pocket. These are nice touches in this price range.

Crusader Hard Ground Rock Pegs for Caravan Awnings tents - 20 in Case
Crusader Hard Ground Rock Pegs for Caravan Awnings tents - 20 in Case
Offered by Auto-Accessorize

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock Pegs for Camping, 20 Jun. 2015
We've had these for about a year, and have only used them once. We normally camp at places with soft ground, but sometimes you get stuck on a hardcore surface, especially if you don't know the campsite. We used these the last time we camped, and it was to attach the long guides from our drive-away awning that go over the van roof. Some kids were playing with squirt guns one night, and running around our van. One of them ran right into this guide lead and pulled it up from the hardcore surface. He kept running, so I don't know if he was injured or not! So I'd have to say these stakes work, but maybe not under duress. It was an unusual situation. The box is nice, and the tops are brightly colored to help one to see where they are.

Pilgrim Shady Grove Open Back Banjo
Pilgrim Shady Grove Open Back Banjo
Offered by Ivor Mairants Musicentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice choice for any playing level, 20 Jun. 2015
This is such a beautiful banjo, and the product photo is so drab. It's really a shame that you cannot see the walnut shell and neck in the picture. The whole package is finished so nicely, and it is very easy to play, even for a beginner like myself. This is my first banjo, so I don't have a lot of knowledge, although I do play other stringed instruments. Look on YouTube for some videos of people playing this one. Those helped me decide to go for it.

Do watch the price. I got my banjo yesterday, and when I went to write this review after a few hours of playing, I noticed the price had dropped £29 from what I'd paid three days earlier. Today the price is back up to £305.

The banjo is not set up for playing, and you'll have to install the bridge, which is provided in a ziplock bag. There are no markings or instructions, so you may find this hard if you are new to stringed instruments. Loosed your strings and fit the curved edge toward the tailpiece. Then slowly tighten and tune and keep checking your octave pitches at fret 12. Move forward for flat and backward for sharp. Use the photo and align with brackets as a starting position. You'll be good to go. The neck one mine has excellent action, and the scooped area near the body is fun for clawhammer and getting different sounds.

I can see myself playing this banjo for many years!

Medium Yarn Orff Mallets - P22 American Drum - For Xylophones And Metalophones
Medium Yarn Orff Mallets - P22 American Drum - For Xylophones And Metalophones

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Pay More?, 30 Mar. 2015
Please don't be fooled by the reasonable price of these mallets. They are very nice to grip, and the yarn balls are solid. The stick is rather short at 12", but there is some "give" to it, and it moves just the right amount. We are using them for steel-tongue drums, and they are perfect for this application. I don't know what they would be like on an actual timpani drum head. I am going to buy a second pair for my drumming partner. They lend a whole new sound to our steel-tongue drums, and it's so much easier than playing by hand. I only wish we'd gotten these years ago.

Buff Multifunctional Headwear - Carbon, 23 cm
Buff Multifunctional Headwear - Carbon, 23 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A clever idea for hat and scarf, 27 Dec. 2014
I can see myself owning a few of these. I just got my first one two days ago, and have already worn it twice. The Carbon color is great, and so versatile. It has a good fit and design.

Old Glory - Detroit Tigers - Mens Magglio Ordonez #30 Tie Dye T-shirt Large Dark Blue
Offered by Old Glory

5.0 out of 5 stars Detroit Tigers Ordonez T-Shirt, 27 Dec. 2014
The seller should include a photo of the shirt back, so you can see the name ORDONEZ and his number 30 as it is printed on the fabric.

This tee is high quality, as you'd exoect from licensed gear. The large size is not as large as some out there, so keep that in mind when choosing sizes. I can remember when you couldn't get MLB merchandise on amazon.co.uk. Now the selection is huge.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6