Profile for Jayceeme > Reviews

Content by Jayceeme

Jayceeme (YARM, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Fytto 1050 unisex circulatory compression socks, Knee Hight, White, M
Fytto 1050 unisex circulatory compression socks, Knee Hight, White, M
Offered by Comfytopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compression stockings Ever!, 18 April 2017
I've have the misfortune of having to become extremely familiar wirh compression stockings, and I can honestly say these are the best I've EVER had to wear. They arrived this morning after having only being ordered late yesterday. Worth 2stars. I put off opening and wearing straight away, as, from past experience with my normal brand, struggling with a brand new pair is usually a painful and debilitating experience and one I am totally unable to accomplish without help, plus the pain when a brand new extremely tight pair is used is not something I relish. When I did open my heart sank, whilst they are of a quality that belies their price,
even better than some Specialist Brands I've paid more than triple for! They are tiny to the eye, never fit I told myself, should have known better. Sadly my chemist informed me that my prescribed brand is no longer available so I was stuck. So I opened packet, read instructions, something new for me, I mean Ive worn CS's years right, who needs instructions! Apparantly I do ! Followed to the letter and wallah, the easiest, quickest and single handedly putting on of a CS I've ever experienced. Amazing, and they are soooo comfortable, who new CS can be comfortable, and still work??? Highly recommend, and I shall be buying more in a range of colours!!

The A-Z of Creative Colouring - Colouring Book
The A-Z of Creative Colouring - Colouring Book
by Kelly O'Gorman

3.0 out of 5 stars Aimed more at the younger audience not Adult colouring, 4 April 2017
Beautifully created book, removable perforated pages which are bright white, exceptionally good quality paper which would take water colour paints, gel pens or a good quality polychromos pencil. The book has been printed and put together with the user/artist/colourist in mind, in that the blank page is on the left and the colouring page on the right, making it easily accessible for the Right handed, they also thought of the Left handed user by perforating each page for easy removal. So, why only Three stars you ask? Sadly, whilst beautifully drawn, and in some instances intricate, the illustrations subjects are aimed most definitely at Young adults, even maybe confident 8 -10 yr olds. Definitely not for the Grown up looking for more mature and creative drawing to relax and enjoy. Will pass on to my niece who will be over the moon with it.

Polarized Lens, Splaks Unisex Polarized Frameless Rectangle Lens Flip Up Clip on Prescription Sunglasses Eyeglass, 2-Piece clip on glasses + Night Vision Glasses - Black
Offered by Splaks-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars work unbelievably well, 18 Jan. 2017
Bought for DH. He wasnt saying it out loud but as his passenger I became aware night driving was becoming a challenge; Especially on unlit winding country roads with oncoming traffic on high beam, farm tractors and trailers with spot lights everywhere and 4x4's with every bright white led light blazing and other drivers who once they had high beam engaged did not dim for anyone or anything until they were back to "civilization " probably. So we got these and the difference is amazing! Can't believe how something so simple can make driving at night as easy as if driving in daylight. He's never taken them off his driving glasses even in daylight! Says they make dull dark days brighter and clearer. They cover the whole of the lens so nothing distracting at the edges, they are "Universal" so should fit majority of glasses, even the larger framed ones. Excellent product delivered swiftly, making one very happy and relaxed driver..Off to order a pair for myself.

Adventure Escape: Asylum (Murder Mystery Room, Doors, and Floors Point and Click Story!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 13 Jan. 2017
First of it's kind I've tried so very slow progress thus far, intrigued as to where it will lead me.....but that in of itself is a good reason to see how far I can progress. Good so far

Wrendale by Royal Worcester Tea Towel
Wrendale by Royal Worcester Tea Towel

2.0 out of 5 stars Recieved PIMPERNEL?? NOT Royal Worcester, 8 Jan. 2017
Beautiful design by Hannah Dale. My only concern; item was bought as gift /stocking filler for avid collector. On arrival I didnt take time to check packaging before I removed it to wrap gift. It was only when clearing away after mammoth xmas wrapping session that I noticed tiny printed label on bag the item arrived in said PIMPERNEL "Wrendale"....NOT Wrendale by Royal Worcester! Recipient was very polite, thanked me and said they were delighted but did mention never having seen the name "PIMPERNEL" on any other of her Royal Worcester Wrendale products (this was on wash/fabric detail label) I profess I have no knowledge of this product so I can't comment other than these observations ; item was folded into a square and wrapped in clear plastic packaging; there was none of the hanging/display paraphernalia you would get if purchased in a shop; there is no mention in the description of this being PIMPERNEL?? I bought what I thought was an item by Royal Worcester?? Just have no idea if it is or not! Sadly too late to query and return?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2017 4:20 AM GMT

KnitPro Royale Circular Interchangeable Needles: Midi Set, Birchwood/Brass, Multi-Colour

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful needles sadly they snag, 14 Dec. 2016
Why oh why do Knit-pro insist on putting tips on their "mid-to high priced needle ranges" THEY SNAG EVERTIME. .I have KP Karbonz, very expensive and very annoying as they too have tips that snag! I have Zing Aluminium - gorgeous- Symphonie, Karbonz and Cubics both fixed and interchangeable, as well as DPNS and crochet hooks. All the needles without "tips" are a joy. Zing fast becoming a favourite. So when I saw this "DELUXE" set and "because I'm worth it" decided I'd treat myself. EXPENSIVE? Yes considering it's basically a starter pack with just 4pair of needles three cables, locking keys, stitch stoppers and extension pieces.They look amazing and are a cute size, smaller or rather shorter in length to Normal Zing fixed circulars. These are maybe about 5" just, but once cable attached, the perfect size. Oh drat as soon as I knit 1st couple of stiches needle to needle you hear audible click and, you see and feel the snag at the tip, Right at the join, You dont feel it by passing fingers down needle, but bring them back up and you feel the ridge, tiny definitely not visibly raised but its there! So its 4* from me....and I'll stick to Zing Aluminium fixed circulars. These I will gift as a surprise Xmas pressie to my bezzy, who tried them and loved them, they didnt snag her knitting? She holds them differently from me and knits Continental style so maybe thats the answer??

20 Space Saving 1" Hanger Connectors, Garment, Clothes, Connector Hooks for Coat Hangers
Offered by The Hanger Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job... brilliant, 10 Dec. 2016
Brilliant tiny unobstusive and Definitely work!

KnitPro Zing Deluxe Interchangeable Circular Knitting Pins, Aluminium, Multi-Colour

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be so much better.., 10 Dec. 2016
Why oh why do Knit-pro insist on putting tips on their mid-to high priced needles? THEY SNAG EVERTIME. .I have KP Karbonz, very expensive and very annoying as they too have tips that snag! I have Zing, Symphonie, Karbonz and Cubics both fixed and interchangeable, as well as DPNS and crochet hooks. All needles without tips are a joy. Zing fast becoming a favourite. So when I saw this "DELUXE" set and "because I'm worth it" decided I'd treat myself. EXPENSIVE? Yes conidering it's basically a starter pack with just 4pair of needles three cables, locking keys, stitch stoppers and extension pieces.They look amazing and are a cute size, smaller or rather shorter in length to Normal Zing fixed circulars. These are maybe about 5" just, but once cable attached, the perfect size. Oh drat as soon as I knit 1st couple of stiches needle to needle you hear audible click and, you see and feel the snag at the tip, Right at the join, You dont feel it by passing fingers down needle, but bring them back up and you feel the ridge, tiny definitely not visibly raised but its there! So its 4* from me....I will gift this set as a surprise Xmas pressie to my bessie, who tried them and loved them, they didnt snag her knitting? She holds them differently from me and knits Continental style so maybe thats the answer??
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2016 11:58 AM GMT

KNIT PRO 80 cm x 4.00 mm Aluminium Zing Fixed Circular Knitting Pins, Blue
KNIT PRO 80 cm x 4.00 mm Aluminium Zing Fixed Circular Knitting Pins, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mid-price range needles, 7 Dec. 2016
I have all manner of circular needles, fixed and not. Knit-pro, Addi, Chia Ghoo among them. My all-time favourite being Addi Lace with extra sharp tips, that was until they tarnished!! Even brand new ones unsed still in their packaging! Devaststed! So when I saw these I thought ok why not? Yes they seemed lightweight and "tinny" compared to say Addi regular circulars with solid steel needles and sometimes inflexible cable, but they were so shiny, brightly coloured and cheerful I was won over.
Yes stitches will sometimes catch at the join, I've found most fixed do. My solution to this, which works, is, when sliding stitches off cable up onto needle, hold cable level with needle so needle and cable become one long straight needle, and gently slide stitches over join, no snagging. Works every time. To the reviewer who said that her stitches were sticking on the cable, Ive not had this issue, but suggest gently placing cable in warm soapy water to remove any residue that may be on there, dry thoroughly, this should work. Again in reply to another review who thought that maybe these purchased from Amazon were not "genuine" Knit-pro because of errors in grammar on packaging. I can reassure everyone, yes they are, having purchased them on here, at Woolfest and online direct from main Knit-pro eu. website. ALL have same packaging and all include the error in grammar in the description! All in all I've found these shiny beauties reliable, superfast to knit with as stitches just slide from needle to needle with ease, and they definitely make you smile with their bright colours and EASY to read sizing on the needle!!! Not the on the cable!! I definitely recommend.

Knitted Sleeping Puppy Knitting Pattern
Knitted Sleeping Puppy Knitting Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this pattern, 20 Nov. 2016
This has to be my favourite "go to" cute and quick knit from this designer. One of many of her designs that are in my stash. Easy to follow and perfect results every time. Try it you won't be disappointed!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11