Profile for Mrs. E. L. Gooch > Reviews

Content by Mrs. E. L. Gooch

Mrs. E. L. Gooch "Joshies mum" (Norfolk UK)

Only the Innocent
Only the Innocent

3.0 out of 5 stars Obvious but still entertaining., 21 April 2016
This review is from: Only the Innocent (Kindle Edition)
A very brutal story, beautifully written although a little too drawn out at times. I guessed the ending very early on and felt a little frustrated by the way the police were illustrated in this. Having said that I did enjoy it and will be reading the next Tom Douglas story.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and fun but horrendous to assemble!!, 7 Mar. 2010
I am a mum of 2 and a childminder and I bought this for £99.00 in the sale at a different retailer. It comes flat packed with fairly clear instructions for the cottage itself. However, assembly is insane! There are no pilot holes for the screws and everything has to be done by hand as few electric screwdrivers can fit into the rediculously small areas to tighten the screws. Attaching the roof is a nightmare as the angles are all wrong to actually get to the screws. Then once the cottage is up there is the second nightmare of building the greenhouse. THe instructions show that you need to assemble the frame then add the cover...WRONG....as the tubes then go through the material which incidently is such a tight fit it took two of us an hour to get it on! We have finally done it but it is now bedtime as it has taken us 6 hours to build! However the kids love it, it's bright, sturdy and unlike may similar the door opens and closes easily and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Just allow all day to assemble it...oh and keep your first aid kit to hand as I am covered in cuts and bruises now!

Gator Golf
Gator Golf
Offered by gosling toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant a game which actually does exactly what it says on the tin., 30 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Gator Golf (Toy)
Amazing game! This requires no batteries and actually works! When you knock the balls into the gators mouth it's tail flicks up and returns the ball to you and you know what it works, the first game I have ever bought for my son which actually works exactly as the adverts etc show!
It's so easy to assemble as well and the putters break down into 3 parts for storage. Each putter also has a scoring marker on the side which my son loves. Well worth the pennies for the many hours of fun we have had with it already.

Tomy Discovery Forget Me Not Photo Album
Tomy Discovery Forget Me Not Photo Album

5.0 out of 5 stars So exciting she couldn't wait till christmas......, 12 Oct. 2008
I bought this for my 5 month old daughter for christmas by then she will be 7 months. I work in childcare and we see daily evidence of the positive effects familiar photos have on babies. This toy combines this with visually stimulating colours, crinkly fabric tabs and a recordable message function. Despite trying to hide it (thought we'd put the photos in before we wrapped it) my daughter spotted it and her response was electric. She reached for the familiar faces and grabbed at the tabs. It is aimed at 6 months plus but it would be fine for younger babies if used under supervision, although it would be ideal if your baby can sit unaided as it is slightly heavy for mini fingers. I highly recommend this toy as it's great fun, educational and a great source of comfort and security for your baby. 10/10

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent when you know how!, 30 Jan. 2008
This is a lovely little addition to the Ben 10 range. When you collect Ben 10 figures you get free viewer discs and this watch enables you to view them. The key is that there is a clear plastic section on the watch face and to view the aliens you need to ensure this section is pointing at a strong light source. If you don't do this you won't be able to see anything.

Don't be fooled into thinking this is a cheaper version of the 'Ominatrix' there aren't any lights etc but it does say exactly what it does on the packaging. Personally though I like this more as it encourages imagination whilst being a bargain!

My 5 year old son and his friends all love this toy...so if you're considering one..buy I say!

Ben 10 Dissolving Alien Rocks
Ben 10 Dissolving Alien Rocks
Offered by World Of Wonder Toys

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing!!! Waste of money., 30 Jan. 2008
My son was delighted to receive these on christmas day and duly I placed the first one in the sink expecting a 'bath bomb' type fizz effect. Both my son and I were thoroughly disapointed to see how slowly the rocks dissolved and after 20 minutes he had lost interest all together. Eventually the figure was revealed. It is tiny 2cm at the most and it's almost impossible to tell which alien it is meant to be.

My poor little boy tried hard to be pleased with the figures but truly it's complete rubbish and definatly not worth the money. Although there is an eucational element with the dissolving etc but that it's I'm afraid.

Jata Water Filter Fridge Jug
Jata Water Filter Fridge Jug

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointing..stick with Brita!!!, 29 Jan. 2008
I sent off for this Filter Jug through a newspaper promotion. I had to wait weeks for it to arrive and was delighted when at length it finally arrived.

I have another water filter jug at home which I keep in the fridge and I thought I could use this one for cooking and filling the kettle etc. However much to my dismay this jug is next to useless as the lid does not fit! It is blatantly designed to fit only one way but the clips are too short and it just sits on top and has to be held on everytime you pour out the water. The instructions are next to useless and also I have not managed to find anywhere that sells the filters for this type of jug.

It may look sleek, but this jug is heavy, cumbersome, poorly designed and hard to find filters for. A waste of money...I'm just glad I didnt have to pay for it.

Gelli Baff Orange Gloop
Gelli Baff Orange Gloop
Offered by Findmeagift

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete con!!!, 29 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Gelli Baff Orange Gloop (Toy)
I bought Geli Baff for my 5 year old son after constant pestering from him in response to TV adverts showing this 'amazing' product.

I followed the instructions to the letter and as we are in a 'hard water area' I even measured the water to ensure I only used 4cm to ensure the correct amount of water. I poured in the stuff and swirled the water and to my disgust it turned grainy and felt like I had my hand in wet polystyrene balls (not at all like Jelly or gloop). My son hated it. He said it felt fizzy when he moved(it did) and he started to cry after 5 minutes.

So anyway, I then poured in the dissolver and....nothing. It reduced the number of grains but that was it. I had to empty the bath and shower my son to get the stuff off him. It also stained my bath red (we had the red lava packet).

This product is a complete con. It costs a fortune for what amounts to a very shallow bath of coloured grains. My son hated it and it stained the bath.

Do not waste your money on this....stick with old fashioned bubbles I say.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2014 9:15 PM BST

GM Games  - Scooby Doo Haunted House Game
GM Games - Scooby Doo Haunted House Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Scooby Doo Haunted House, 22 Nov. 2007
As per the other reviewers it does take a while to set up but if you involve your child then it's fun and exciting for them too. My son was 4 when I bought him this last year and he still loves it now.

It is not a 7+ game at all much more aimed at younger children as it's very simple and older children may bore of the simple plot.

The house is a little delicate but if you bend the rules it works a treat. Ie; the stairs are impossible to take one at a time without plummeting to the floor so skip them..that's what we do :)

I have to say this game looks good, it's fun and despite being a little fiddly once it's set up it's then just a case of get it out of the box and off you go everytime. Nope..I rate this game. My son loves it..what more can you ask for?