Profile for Dickens Stanley > Reviews

Being Eileen [DVD]
Being Eileen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sue Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent refreshing new comedy, 30 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Being Eileen [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this was a brilliant comedy series, so much so I bought the DVD, disappointingly it did not have the pilot Lapland on it but maybe this will come out nearer Christmas but I am reviewing the series here and it gets five out of five.

The best comedy does not rely on toilet humour and swear words to be funny but well written and well timed family comedy, it is a PG but this is probably for some rare adult references nothing more.

I would recommend this highly, Sue Johnston is as good as ever but there is some potential future stars in the kids that play the parts and the comedy they bring.

What I couldn't understand was why was this put on so late on television from the BBC and put on after an Outnumbered repeat as I bet much more people would have watched this has it been on prime time and would now be a fan.

I hope there is a 2nd series, there is room for one from the last episode and again I hope the BBC bring out Lapland at Christmas to compliment this excellent series.

Field of Dreams [DVD] [1989]
Field of Dreams [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Kevin Costner
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this the most underated film ever?, 17 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Field of Dreams [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
This film is absolutely mesmerising, my favourite film of all time and why it was not recognised with awards I dont know. Truely about if you follow your dreams hard enough your dreams come to you. Highly recommended and a beautiful movie.