Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit
Profile for MacHalen > Reviews

Content by MacHalen

MacHalen

Gul Response 3mm Long John Wetsuit RE4303/4310
Gul Response 3mm Long John Wetsuit RE4303/4310

4.0 out of 5 stars GUL Response 3mm Long John wetsuit, 29 July 2012
Bought this GUL wetsuit from the Amazon sale but the wetsuit was actually supplied by WetSuit Outlet UK. I got the wetsuit for summer dinghy sailing in the UK. The construction is excellent, for the price, and the fit is very good. I've tried a few wetsuits at my local saling club, so I had a pretty good idea about sizing. I would recommend using the sizing chart on the Wetsuit Outlet site and phone them for advice. Particularly pleased with the full length chest zip, the reinforcing at the knees and the suit's flexibility. All in all a good value for money wetsuit from a reputable manufacturer. but remember it is for summer use only and its lightweight construction may mean it only lasts a coupls of seasons. If you plan to sail/surf all year - get a proper 5mm steamer.

Timex Sport Marathon Fullsize Quartz Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Black Resin Strap T5K4214E

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Marathon Men's quartz LCD watch, 5 Jun. 2012
I was looking for a watch primarily for sailing but which could also be used in the gym or when out jogging. I had seen the previous favourable reviews for this watch and the overall opinion that it was a bargain at the price. The watch seemed to have all the features I required; large display, countdown facility for sailing races and it was waterproof. Be clear, this is not a diving watch. I ordered it and I have to say it looks much better than the photo. Its a big watch and the black/gold finish looks great. The display is excellent and very easy to read; the functions work perfectly and its nice having two time zones for when you are on holiday. I can't say how reliable the watch will be in the long run, but I used it on a recent beach activity holiday (lots of water and sand) and the watch is working fine. I have to agree that at this price, the watch is a bargain.