Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Robert Easton > Reviews

Content by Robert Easton

Robert Easton "Rob&Ali" (Manchester)

Swimovate PMP Pool Mate Computer Sports Watch - Pink
Swimovate PMP Pool Mate Computer Sports Watch - Pink
Offered by Bandzibon Shops

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the cost of a battery change, 3 April 2014
I've had the watch for about two years & used it a reasonable amount, not massively & only during the summer months when training for triathlons. I now need a new battery which is £18 for postage and packaging; quite a lot in proportion to the £50 cost of the watch, especially if you use it a lot and it needs doing annually. I took it to a local place which was cheaper at £10 and they advised they couldn't change it as it affects the mechanism which counts laps. It is good in it's own right, I find way better than counting laps & gives you some good info on stroke count & efficiency. It's also quite streamlined on the wrist so not too much drag when swimming.

Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor
Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great technology, horrid user interface, 11 Mar. 2012
I've had this for a couple of weeks now, rarely review, but this thing is driving me up the wall, so thought I'd share a few thoughts:

Positives:

The technology is great, seemingly accurate outdoor tracking GPS
Nice looking watch, wouldn't have minded the 310 if it wasn't so massive & ugly
Good, if expensive, accessories in the foot-pod, heart rate monitor and cycling cadence sensor
Good download centre in Garmin Connect

Unfortunately all that potential is ruined by some tooth-achingly painful user interface issues, and I'm reasonably tech/gadget savvy:

The bezel is pretty crap and unresponsive
The menus are not intuitive, I've had it a month & just spent ten minutes trying to switch from run mode to cycle mode & couldn't find it.
The battery remaining % is key as it has to be frequently charged up, don't ask me where to find that out. Mega frustrating when it goes off half way through a run. This should be a default front screen view
Can't figure out how to check the time when in training mode
Had the frequent issue with the strap coming off due to the pin, but fiddled with it & seems to be ok now

I'm sure there are lots of great other functions I haven't used yet, such as the virtual training partner, but given the pain in using it, I can't be bothered to try & figure it out . I used to dislike the whole Apple/iPod ethos, but can't help thinking in a Carlsberg way "if Apple did GPS sports watches", it would be a whole different story.

De'Longhi ICM100 Filter Coffee Maker, 10 Cup (Metropolis Finish)
De'Longhi ICM100 Filter Coffee Maker, 10 Cup (Metropolis Finish)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking, Good Price, Bad Functionality, 14 Jan. 2007
Good

It looks good, it makes nice coffee, it's probably half the price of other machine we looked at which had similar functions & a nice look.

It has an aroma function so you get a good strength coffee when just making a couple of cups. It also has a timer so you can set it at night for coffee in the morning, or whenever.

It has side loading for water and coffee. Which is excellent if you're going to have it on a flat wall. We have it in a corner, so it's not so excellent. It isn't too tall either, so if you have it under any upper cupboards on the worktop it doesn't look too squished & isn't too unnaccessible.

It doesn't use heat to keep the coffee warm, rather, a thermos type jug, which should save electric & not stew the coffee.

It seems to be quite robust so should last a while.

Bad

I bought my sister one & it broke staraight away. Something to do with the electronics & wouldn't switch on/off.

The pouring mechanism from the jug is really poor. Unless it's full (we typically make two cups) the jug has to be fully inverted to get the last half cup out, & the first one and a half come out at no more than a trickle.

This might sound minor, but each time, at the end of a pleasurable making procedure, just when you're looking forward to your coffee, it's a bit of a let down.