Profile for A. Trytsman > Reviews

Content by A. Trytsman

A. Trytsman (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever
by Michael Neill

1.0 out of 5 stars Smacks of New Age Thinking, 3 July 2013
I didn't gain anything from this book. I thought it would make me happy and change me but I've realised that I need to turn to a proven, book of ancient wisdom for a true life change. It's called The Bible.

Get Your Sh!t Together: Your Prescription for a Simpler Life (Grit Doctor)
Get Your Sh!t Together: Your Prescription for a Simpler Life (Grit Doctor)
by Ruth Field

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 23 May 2013
I gave up reading this book halfway through. The anecdotes are boring and I quickly grew tired of the constant abbreviations and overuse of the word "s***" It feels as if this book has been written by a teenager, not an ex-barrister. The only helpful thing I derived from the book is to use tables to plan tasks, instead of just writing a to do lists which never get done.

The 9-Day Liver Detox: The definitive detox diet that delivers results
The 9-Day Liver Detox: The definitive detox diet that delivers results
by Patrick Holford BSc DipION FBANT NTCRP

4.0 out of 5 stars Toughest thing I've ever done!, 4 April 2013
The book is informative and gives a detailed meal plan so it's easy to follow. However, I am a serious carnivore so I found having no meat very tough. If that isn't bad enough, there is no wheat, dairy, sugar, alcohol or caffeine. Nobody said it would be easy - it is a detox after all. I didn't feel too hungry and my bloating disappeared but I found some of the food less than tasty (probably my unhealthy palate) and the diet cost me a fortune in stocking up on foods that I wouldn't normally have in my kitchen as well as the supplements. I don't know what effect it had on my liver as I didn't have any pre and post testing done but it did increase my energy levels and my mood improved.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and refreshing diet, 4 April 2013
I found this book so interesting that I read it from cover to cover in a matter of hours. I am interested in losing weight but I also find the health benefits particularly attractive. I think this is very sustainable in the long term as you can tailor the fast days to suit your schedule. I tried my first fast day and I must admit complete failure. I managed until the late afternoon but gave in as I became ravenously hungry and couldn't resist eating everything in sight. I think it is more difficult to follow if you have a substantial amount of weight to lose as it prescribes 500 calories for women and 600 for men, regardless of your current weight and stature. 500 calories would be more satisfying for a short person with a couple of pounds to lose than it would be for a tall person with 4 or more stone to lose. I tried again to complete a fast day without exceeding the 500 calories but this time I used a blood sugar regulating supplement and managed it quite easily. It is a huge sense of achievement when you manage to do it. I also found that I had increased energy and my mood was lifted. Although there are some sceptics, as this is a relatively new diet and it hasn't been tested on humans for a significant length of time, the biochemical changes that it initiates in lowering cholesterol, IGF levels and blood glucose can only be beneficial to anyone who is in the high risk zone. One of the best diet books I have read to date.

iPhone 4 Case - 2-in-1 Cute Bow Full Body Cover for iPhone 4 / 4s, Black & Pink
iPhone 4 Case - 2-in-1 Cute Bow Full Body Cover for iPhone 4 / 4s, Black & Pink
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute phone cover, 20 Nov. 2012
I received this item promptly and it was even better than I thought. Very good value for money, fits like a glove and looks great. Also came with a free screen protector.

Crayola Bug Rocks
Crayola Bug Rocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 1 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Crayola Bug Rocks (Toy)
I bought this to amuse my four year old but I think I had more fun doing it! Included in the kit,you have four stones, stickers and felt tip markers to make four rock bugs. My only criticism is that the markers don't create a vibrant colour like the models in the photo. It amused the two of us for a good hour and a half. An added bonus is a mask that you can make and a snakes and ladders game. Very good value for money.

Delonghi 5513214611 Latte Macchiato Thermo Glasses - Pack of 2
Delonghi 5513214611 Latte Macchiato Thermo Glasses - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 Jun. 2012
I only bought two of these glasses. Wish I had bought more. They are strong and beautiful. They keep drinks hot or cold for longer while the outside stays cool with no condensation droplets. They hold the perfect amount for my Latissima machine's latte machiato function.

Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2)
Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2)
Offered by High-Grade Bargains

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Jun. 2012
I bought these for my four year old as he is learning to cut out shapes at playschool. They didn't cut well to begin with, but after 20 minutes of "cutting" they no longer work well enough to use. They rip the paper, rather than cut and are quite useless for cutting cardboard.

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Cappuccino 16 Capsules - Pack of 3 (Total 48 Capsules, 24 Servings)

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes nothing like a real cappuccino, 2 Jun. 2012
This tastes like the cappuccino you get in sachets which you make with hot water. Hardly justifies buying a machine when you can just buy the sachets. It has a sweet taste. The coffee tastes like instant coffee and the milk tastes like powdered milk, as that is exactly what it is.

bibi straw attachment for wide- neck bottle SPECIFY COLOUR BY E-MAIL
bibi straw attachment for wide- neck bottle SPECIFY COLOUR BY E-MAIL

4.0 out of 5 stars Good BPA-free Straw Cup, 2 Jun. 2012
This product is easy to assemble and clean and my boys like it. However, the cup does leak when lying down.

Page: 1 | 2