Profile for John A > Reviews

MC paints Paint Touch Up Brush Scratch Chip Repair PURE WHITE LC9A
MC paints Paint Touch Up Brush Scratch Chip Repair PURE WHITE LC9A
Offered by bootsliners

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good colour match, 14 May 2016
Good colour match on my car.....certainly as good as any of the matches I have had with other touch up with other cars and better than some. Not much paint in the bottle but I am sure there is more than enough for chip repairs for several years.

Gledring [RHD] Rubber Car Floor Mats For Volkswagen Tiguan (2007-2016)
Gledring [RHD] Rubber Car Floor Mats For Volkswagen Tiguan (2007-2016)
Offered by ASG Group Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value with prompt dispatch and delivery, 29 April 2016
Excellent value set of mats. They are not heavy duty rubber but are more than up to day to day normal wear and tear.....They are a good compromise between the normal velour mats and the usual rubber alternatives. The fit is "spot on" but the rear mats are about two inch less deep than the original mats - I do not see a problem as there is more than enough area for the rear passenger's feet and unless the front seats are fully forward they protect the carpet fully. There is no noticeable rubber smell from the mats

[Auto-detect] Poweradd Pilot X7 20,000mAh Portable USB Charger External Battery Pack with LED Flashlight Power Bank for Smart-phones and other 5V USB-Charged Devices- Blue(Lightning cable is not included)
Offered by Poweradd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best performing power bank so far, 27 Jan. 2016
This is the best performing power bank I have bought to date. I have now used it twice for powering a PVR and for charging my telephone / IPOD touch and on both occasions it has performed well past my expectations given my experience with other makes - The PVR takes 0.7 amps and on both occasions it has powered it for in excess of 16hrs and provided charge for my phone and IPOD and it was showing more than 25% still available when I decided to recharge it.
The LED light is not particularly bright but could be useful in an emergency and the case is not as sleek as other power banks but for me a power bank should be functional first and the looks of the unit should be secondary.
When charging it takes 1.6 Amps and takes about 8hrs to charge from 25% to 100% charge but when it reaches full charge my unit stops taking current which is reassuring with regard to not overcharging / overheating of the battery.

ESYNiC 1080P Mini VGA Female to HDMI HD Video Adapter Converter+3.5mm Audio Jack for HD HDTV PC Laptop-NO External Power Supply & Plug and Play
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault it!, 27 Jan. 2016
A excellent value interface which is not much bigger than the VGA plug itself - Gives good audio and video output from computer to hdmi screen / PVR and being USB powered can be easily powered from the computer itself with the supplied lead.

Am-Tech 2000lb Electric Winch
Am-Tech 2000lb Electric Winch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value compact size winch, 4 Dec. 2015
Good value winch - The main use is to enable me to position a motorcycle on and off a hydraulic table by myself in a confined space. It is ideal for my use given that its winding speed is slow enough to let me guide the front wheel into the wheel clamp but fast enough not to make the process of getting the bike over long timewise. I have tried it out moving a landrover and have found it to be more than up to the job.
The only negative aspect of the winch is that it is not as quiet as I expected but by no means is it unacceptable given the reduction ratio of the gearbox.

DBPOWER 600A Peak 16500mAh Portable Car Jump Starter Battery Booster Pack Power Bank with LED Torch for Laptop Phone Tablet and More
Offered by dvtecheu

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Unit with excellent customer service backup, 7 Sept. 2015
I bought this primarily as a 12 volt power bank and I was drawn to this unit because of the versatility it offers over a standard power bank.
I saw the selectable voltage output as essential for my purposes since most power banks sense the voltage of the unit being powered to determine what voltage to output but in my case I was using it to power a TV / monitor.
On switching the unit on, the USB output is powered up but by pressing the power button the unit selects the 12v output, a further press selects the 15v output and another press selects the 19v. Once selected the unit expects to detect a load at the output within 10 seconds or so otherwise it shuts down but if it does detect load then the output is "locked" at the selected voltage and a further press of the power button lights the charge indicators for a few seconds to show the level of charge remaining,
I also intend to use it as a standby jumpstart for my motorbike which given my tests so far I have 100% confidence it will work - it may even work on my car battery but only time will tell.
I must admit I have been unable to achieve the expected "run time" for my monitor and have expressed my concern to Bravo Tech but I must say that the customer services representative, Betty, has been absolutely brilliant in trying to resolve my concern and on two occasions has offered to arrange for a replacement unit to be sent to me to try or indeed to arrange for a refund if I wanted - if only all suppliers were as customer focused!
However, I am so happy with the size / versatility of the unit that I have now bought a replacement led backlit monitor and am now enjoying 10 - 12hr run times with the unit which easily exceeds my original expectations.

I would not hesitate to buy from Bravo Tech again

MX Player
MX Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Kindle HDX, 7 Sept. 2015
This review is from: MX Player (App)
I have been looking for a video player for "ts" format files for use with a Wi-Fi TV player I have for some time. This is without doubt the best I have come across giving good quality playback on the Kindle HDX.

15 Pin Male SVGA VGA Monitor Gender Changer Adapter
15 Pin Male SVGA VGA Monitor Gender Changer Adapter
Offered by ETechland

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, 3 Sept. 2015
Not a lot to say - looks and feels like a quality item and works without problem

BW 8" inch LCD Color CCTV Monitor with VGA BNC AV Port and Speaker HD 1024*768 Resolution
Offered by BW Corp

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as described, 2 Sept. 2015
The monitor I received was different to the one shown on the Amazon site at the time of ordering.

The physical size is identical but differed in the following ways:-

1.It has two composite video inputs not one
2.It has only one audio input with one speaker (Not stereo)
3,All the inputs are on the underside not on the side
4.It comes with a BNC lead not a VGA lead
5.It comes with a remote control
6.The stand in my opinion is a much improved type allowing the height and angle of the monitor to be more easily adjusted

All in all, it probably is a better monitor than the one I expected and if the picture / description had reflected the above differences at the time of ordering it would have scored 5 stars as I have deducted a star because I have had to order a VGA lead and a 90 degree VGA adapter to allow the lead to plug in to the "back" rather than the underside which because I want to use the monitor as freestanding would make it difficult to position on the desk.

The picture quality is excellent. I am using it with a raspberry pi and with the VGA input the picture is clear / crisp enabling me to read all the script quite easily compared to the older10in TV / monitor I have been using,
The audio is ok easily meeting my expectations given the size of the monitor and I do not see the lack of stereo as too much of the loss.
The current consumption with the brightness / contrast settings set at 50% is only around 300mA which is a massive improvement on the 1600mA my 10in monitor was taking.

Other than having to sort out the VGA connection and lead I am delighted with the monitor.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 1 Sept. 2015
I bought this one based on the price and 2yr warranty for use with a Raspberry Pi (Although I would not probably pursue a warranty claim I was reassured by its inclusion).
I may have been lucky with the setup because I had previously altered the config file to suit a composite video interface I had and it obviously supported this interface too because it worked immediately when plugged in - a very pleasant surprise!.
The picture quality is far better than I expected giving a clear, crisp image on an 8 inch monitor enabling me to read all the script although I have changed some of the display settings on the Pi to maximise the image clarity. Also the audio output is good with no discernable background noise,
The interface draws about 250mA from the Pi which is not an issue for me at the moment but if I add other accessories which take it towards the 2 amp limit then it can be powered separately using the usb lead provided.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4