Profile for Bec > Reviews

Yoshi Park Yellow Version Videogame Mens Unisex T-Shirt Black Large
Yoshi Park Yellow Version Videogame Mens Unisex T-Shirt Black Large
Offered by NerdShirts

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Feb. 2015
Great, my brother loves it.

APPLE IPOD TOUCH 4TH GENERATION SOFT SILICONE SKIN CASE - GREEN PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

2.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing, 4 Jan. 2011
Not all that good. It was too big for the iPod, especially loose on the bottom. Didn't really grip all that well onto the iPod.

The only reason it got an extra star was because the colour of the item was really nice.

Shiver
Shiver
by Maggie Stiefvater

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring....., 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Shiver (Paperback)
So, my sister was the one who convinced me to read this. I'd bought it for her for Christmas last year, and she read it quite quickly (she doesn't read a lot, so I thought that spoke volumes about the book...), and it took her a few months before she convinced me to give it a go.

I wasn't interested in page 1, nor was I interested by the end. And I definitely won't be interested in the sequels.

Don't get me wrong. I thought the writing was pretty decent. It was better than some books I've read lately. But to be honest with you, the book was disappointing at best. I thought that the whole relationship thing was not there one second, then the next second they wanted to take each others clothes off and have sex until the building crumbled kinda thing.

By this point though, I was already losing hope. I never really got the whole being attacked by the wolves, and although they nearly killed me, I still want to befriend them and watch out for them. Clearly they're harmless, even though they almost killed me. Do you get what I'm saying.

I felt no sympathy for the characters. I wasn't shocked by anything that happened in this book. Nothing jumped out at me and made me want to read on further. I put the book down every hour or so, just to try and regain some interest in it, and the fact that I couldn't take another page. I'm the kind of person who'll read through a book regardless of whether I'm enjoying it or not. I might have liked the ending. Sadly, in this case it fell quite short. In fact, the determination to never quit on a book was the only reason I managed to pull through this book. It felt more like a book I'd have read forced by a teacher when I was younger, and not something I would choose to read on my own.

Anyway. I guess that's enough bad mouthing.

Not a good book. It's just not my cup of tea. From reviews I've read, obviously a lot of people disagree.

Oh, well, I don't feel like I'm at a loss for not reading more from this series/author.