Profile for N. Cawsey > Reviews

Content by N. Cawsey

N. Cawsey (Bristol, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Keeper of Lost Things: The feel-good novel of the year
The Keeper of Lost Things: The feel-good novel of the year

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 5 May 2017
I enjoyed this , found it slightly improbable as it was obvious that the friend, neighbour ?, was challenged but no one seemed to recognize the fact that she had Downs Syndrome. It was a good read but not the best.

A Boy Made of Blocks: The most uplifting novel of 2017
A Boy Made of Blocks: The most uplifting novel of 2017

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant and moving, 5 May 2017
My grandson, who is not autistic , has a friend in his class who reminds me so much of Sam, in fact he is a Sam as well, but our boy loves him. He has brought him to play,with others, and he has been fine. Our lad sometimes says that Sam thinks this or that is happening (whatever ) but don't worry we will let him know it's not. I now realise that (most ) children are better than adults at dealing with the unexpected. Those that bully are the ones that are damaged and need help.
Also helped that I live in Bristol area and book is geographically correct, great that I could walk round the city with the author, who is obviously local (to me).

A Short Walk from Harrods (Bloomsbury Reader)
A Short Walk from Harrods (Bloomsbury Reader)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Desert Island Book, 29 April 2017
Who needs the Bible or Shakespeare when you can have a book like this? It has more about love and life than either and, if you are old like me, and you can remember Dirk's voice then every written word speaks as if he is in your head. Audio book not required, the prose is immaculate, the subject both uplifting and heartbreaking. A very private man, a very private life, ending with the heartbreak of loss; dealt with by something we don't have any longer, a stiff upper lip. Definitely one of the best books I have ever read.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2017 5:19 PM BST

Talking Heads - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Talking Heads - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patricia Routledge

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of British Writing and Performing., 8 Feb. 2015
Wonderful. The combined talents of the writer and the performers produce something extraordinary. The very best actors combined with Bennett's amazing scripts are simply spellbinding. The characters are totally believable and I get quite emotional watching them, there is always pathos, I defy anyone not to be moved by Dame Thora Hird in Waiting for the Telegram.
Bennett has that rare ability to make you laugh and cry within a few minutes. I can watch this again and again and enjoy it every time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, brilliant delivery., 4 Mar. 2014
Item arrived within 24 hours of placing order, amazing! Husband made it in a day and we are v. pleased with finished object. Looks nice; chunky and solid. Drawers are deep and have wooden bottoms, back is wood too. Wardrobe is not quite deep enough for full size hangers, this doesn't matter to us as we want it for holding trousers and trouser hangers fit in easily. Plenty of depth though to store shoes or quite large storage box(es) in bottom. Wood smells really nice but I guess this will wear off eventually.
Many thanks to supplier and courier.

Mercers Furniture Corona 3-Door Flat Top Wardrobe - Pine
Mercers Furniture Corona 3-Door Flat Top Wardrobe - Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice,sturdy wardrobe, 1 Mar. 2014
Came in two packages, both very heavy, 40 k each -be aware that this wardrobe is no lightweight- but it is sturdy and solid. Slightly let down by fibreboard back but still excellent value for money. Not that easy to put together but if you do it carefully, taking time and not rushing it you will end up with good looking, quality wardrobe. We are happy with it, good value for money but you do have to be a bit 'handy' to make it, and, as my husband says, preparation is everything so worthwhile taking time to check and layout every piece. Would also recommend fixing to wall with brackets, weight would do considerable damage if it toppled, especially onto a child.
Amazing delivery, arrived less than 24 hours after order placed, and order could be tracked, brilliant!

Black Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012 Model) Case Cover (Second Updated Version of Case) - Retail Packed Executive Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012 Model) - (8GB,16GB,32GB Wi-Fi or 32GB 3G HSPA+) + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job., 18 April 2013
Arrived very quickly. Excellent case for husband's Google Nexus tablet. All positions work, feels good quality, particularly like the put to sleep - wake up functions when closed or opened. Very good value for money.

The Gift of Rain
The Gift of Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, the Best Book I've Read for a Long Time., 9 April 2012
This review is from: The Gift of Rain (Kindle Edition)
I am really sad that I've finished this as I enjoyed it so much, although the ending was perfect and I couldn't have wished for more. It was beautifully written; I had never heard of the book or the author (my ignorance) but was referred to it by a friend who told me it was a 'must read'. She was absolutely right - it is a cracker!! Should become a modern classic, required reading in schools - both for the history and the skillful, poetic writing. It is never boring,a constant page turner and a very strong story. I can't praise it enough!

The Front Door Murders: A Mollie Parkinson Mystery
The Front Door Murders: A Mollie Parkinson Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Complex and Interesting, 5 Oct. 2011
Due to the several changes in location the author must have done a great deal of research, especially as this is really two books in one; the first part deals with a serial killer and the second with a totally unconnected murder at the other side of the world - only common factor is the investigator, in her official capacity as a policewoman in the first and as a private investigator in the second. These two tales were so different that I wondered if I was reading the same book. I found both parts complex, with a complicated cast of characters but they sort of straightened out in the end.
There were an awful lot of policewomen, in fact I began to wonder if there were any policemen at all in the Sydney police force! And, of course, the politically correct gay relationship...........
All in all though, this is quite a good read. Although it's a fairly long book I read it in a day so it obviously held my attention; it is an unusual book for a variety of reasons, I'm not going into details about these; give it a try and find out for yourself!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to apply, 1 Oct. 2011
First of all the good points - 5 stars for delivery time, packaging etc.- but I found it almost impossible to apply. After ruining 2, could not get them on without creasing or loads of trapped air bubbles (dust was not a problem) even with diligent use of the spatula and cloth provided, I went to local computer shop prepared to pay to have last one put on. I thought I was just being stupid or clumsy as reviewers did not seem to have problems like me only to be told by the tech guy that he wouldn't do it as he couldn't even get one on his own tablet properly!! Left having purchased a packet of screen wipes!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4