Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now
Profile for helen lambert > Reviews

Content by helen lambert

helen lambert

Lazy Bed Reading Lying Down Watching Horizontal Prism Angled Glasses New
Lazy Bed Reading Lying Down Watching Horizontal Prism Angled Glasses New
Offered by Micro Trader

3.0 out of 5 stars Men only need buy, 28 Aug. 2016
These are just as described but from the description you wouldn't know that they are really quite heavy to wear and the nose piece is bulky and therefore difficult to wear over ordinary glasses should you need to. I bought them for a man and he's coping with them as he has a decent size nose. As a lady with a small nose I doubt I'd be able to use them successfully. Manufacturer please note - a more dainty version for the ladies please.

Apple 2 GB iPod Shuffle - Gold
Apple 2 GB iPod Shuffle - Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 2 Mar. 2016
I appreciate that this item seems like old technology since the advent of Smart phones but it's ideal for me because it's so small and light, perfect for when I'm gardening. Just one thing to criticise. The Jack plug from the charger and earphones must be pushed fully home for it to work. It took me ages searching Apple's website to find out what the problem was and yet it's obviously a common error as they have photographed the right and wrong way for it to be, see photo.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Magic Blackout
Magic Blackout

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly magical, 17 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Magic Blackout (Baby Product)
Does precisely what it claims. I need a really dark bedroom to sleep well and often had to improvise with towels, cushions and coats etc in hotels or guest houses. No more. Magic Blackout is lightweight and portable and I will always travel with a pack in future.

Folding Reading Glasses Sunglasses for Men and Women UV400 Protection Sunreaders supplied with hardshell case (+2.00)
Offered by EASY SEE

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing customer service, 1 Aug. 2015
When I ordered these I obviously hit the wrong button and they were the wrong diopter but the frame was also wonky. However I liked them so requested to return them and have them replaced with the diopter I need and with a straight frame. That request was ignored completely and the purchase cost was restored to my card so at least that was ok. Curious that the firm would rather not make a sale than follow my clear request.

Andrew James Stainless Steel Sink Strainer Stopper Waste Plug
Andrew James Stainless Steel Sink Strainer Stopper Waste Plug
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased all round, 26 Jun. 2015
Arrived when stated. It required assembling which I wasn't expecting but that was so easy. It is a replacement for my Francke sink and fits perfectly. It was a third of the price of a Francke one so thanks all round to Andrew James. I'll be buying another to match for the half sink.

66Fit Wobble Cushion, Pump & DVD - Blue, 35 cm
66Fit Wobble Cushion, Pump & DVD - Blue, 35 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars If poor balance is a problem get one of these., 22 April 2013
A nice solid piece of physio equipment yet light and portable. I use it whilst watching TV and my balance is definitely improving.
Highly recommended.

Karcher K2.300 T50 Air-Cooled Pressure Washer (Old Version)
Karcher K2.300 T50 Air-Cooled Pressure Washer (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present heaven!, 22 April 2013
My husband had been borrowing a neighbour's for years when I got him his own for Christmas. He could hardly wait for the holiday to be over before he got started. Everything got power washed. Great sturdy product. It needed to be as it was working all day every day for a week!

Strands: A Year of Discoveries on the Beach
Strands: A Year of Discoveries on the Beach
by Jean Sprackland

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing book, 13 Aug. 2012
I heard part of this book when it was serialised on Radio 4. I found it fascinating and wanted the whole thing. I was telling my husband about it as he has a friend who lives by the beach the author writes about and bless him he bought us both a copy. It is about the authors exploration of a beach near Liverpool during the course of a year and how chance discoveries of the washed up flotsam and jetsam lead to intriguing stories. Some are biological, some historical and some ecological. All are very thought provoking about how we use and abuse the oceans of the world to the detriment of both ourselves and marine life. The book encourages you to take a much closer look at the environment we live in and not be satisfied with unanswered questions. When Jean finds something unusual she can't recognise she does the research; I particularly liked the tale of the sea mouse, which I had to Google so I could see one for myself.
Not only is it informative, it is a beautifully written book. I whole heartedly recommend it.

Komputerbay 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity High Speed Class 10 Flash Memory Card 15MB/s Write 20MB/s Read 64 GB w/ High Speed SDXC USB Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 28 Feb. 2012
I have to say I was wary of buying this 64GB SDXC Memory card as it wasn't a well known brand and some of the reviews were a little unfavourable but it was at a very good price and as it was through Amazon I knew if I ran into trouble with it they would help. So it arrived very promptly and I checked it was or wasn't locked ( I can't remember which was the way round it was meant to be so I checked the manual with the camera)as some people had said that was a problem. I put it in the camera and away I went. No problems until the last time I downloaded some pictures after which when I turned the camera on an error message said there was a problem with the memory card. I thought "Here we go, now the trouble begins" I hadn't a clue what to do so I took the card out flicked the lock switch back and forth then put it back in the camera. Hey presto perfect again. So was that just a glitch? Who knows. So, so far so good.

Roberts Unologic DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black
Roberts Unologic DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement, 13 Feb. 2012
My first portable DAB radio was the Freeplay wind up radio which I purchased for use when I'm out gardening. When that was charged from the mains the battery lasted well but it was not quite so good if wound up as the battery did not stay charged for long. Still it did the job until the socket for the charger failed. No more Radio 4extra in the garden ... disaster! I decided to replace it like for like, only to discover Freeplay no longer made it but they said the technology had been sold to Roberts.
Roberts bless them had moved to solar power to recharge the battery, equally ecological but more efficient than wind up!So now I have the best of both worlds, recharging from the mains for use in the house and no worries when in the garden. It's also lighter, neater and I can toggle between my favourite stations with ease. I thoroughly recommend this little gem.