Profile for D. Russell > Reviews

Content by D. Russell

D. Russell (West Midlands UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Genuine Hitech Tailored Velour Carpet Car Mats
Genuine Hitech Tailored Velour Carpet Car Mats
Offered by Calibre Direct LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and great fit for my new Astra, 25 Jun. 2016
I bought these for my brand new 2016 Astra I picked up last Friday and they are a perfect fit and look really good. The quality is better than the Vauxhall ones for less than half of the cost
I am really pleased and thanks god really fast delivery

S471 Plastic Vinegar Shaker
S471 Plastic Vinegar Shaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, 6 Mar. 2016
Made in my hometown of Halesowen and known the world over what more can I say

Panasonic SC-PM250BEBS DAB Micro Hi-Fi System
Panasonic SC-PM250BEBS DAB Micro Hi-Fi System

5.0 out of 5 stars It gives a rich clear sound and its nice to see a proper bass and treble control, 5 Oct. 2015
A lovely hifi, which fits perfectly in the small space under our stairs. It gives a rich clear sound and its nice to see a proper bass and treble control, seldom seen on compacts these days. The DAB radio is very good and has picked up lots of channels when our portable DAB does not. There is a scrolling display of station and information which is dimmable. The process to store the radio channels is a bit over complicated, but have managed to get 20 of my favourites stored. It also has four sound modes, of which i prefer heavy, and also surround and dynamic bass. The speakers are well made and give a great sound. The bluetooth is a great feature and when started the pairing, it quickly found my iphone and played with no problems. I've never had a Panasonic but I would recommend this, it is a superb little hifi with great build quality and great service from Southern Electric via Amazon

Sakura Universal Rubber Car Mat Set
Sakura Universal Rubber Car Mat Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 5 Oct. 2015
Thin and poor quality. A real disappointment.

Fackelmann Can Opener, Grey/White, 5.9-Inch
Fackelmann Can Opener, Grey/White, 5.9-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great can opener, 20 Sept. 2015
Excellent can opener well made and solidly made well impressed but never heard of the make before

Sony Xperia E1 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia E1 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling Phone, 26 Aug. 2014
Absolutely appalling phone. I purchased a brand new Xperia E1 from Phones 4u after seeing it on amazon (as I was going away on holiday to Scotland) and was fine for the first day or so, then the sony foil lettering started to come off the battery door, which was very strongly welded to the back of the phone (hard to get off without a 1p coin) and then on the third day of use, the phone started to freeze and crash and had a white screen and then almost a week later, I had to call Phones 4u customer care as it would not work at all, and then as it died I had to have it replaced but not for another Sony!

Sony CMT-SBT100B All-in-one Audio System with Wireless Streaming, 50W - Black
Sony CMT-SBT100B All-in-one Audio System with Wireless Streaming, 50W - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hi Fi, 2 Jun. 2014
I have long purchased Sony hi-fi's for their ease of use, superior sound quality and stylish design. This latest CMT is no exception, the component unit and speakers are very compact, ideal for my use, where they have to fit on a small unit under the staircase in our lounge. The finish of the unit is a nice brushed metal and the buttons are logically arranged on the front and on the included remote. A major difference from the older Sony hi-fi's is that there is no cd eject button on the remote, but this is not a problem for long!

The display is very clear, white LCD's and in DAB mode, can display the station name and song playing. It is a shame the clock does not display in standby as on my old Sony but assume it is power saving feature.

The speakers are well made and in a nice black ash wood with removable covers, they look stylish on or off, and the unit is lovely in any home. The sound quality is excellent and the sound is lovely and rich and you have bass and treble sound adjustments, and Mega Bass so everyone will find a happy medium. I have paired my ipod and the songs stream over fine, the only niggle is at first use of the Cd player, please wait does stay on a while but I haven't found it to be a problem.

All in all, I am pleased to upgrade to the CMT after years of owning older Sony CMT's and the sound is fantastic for a unit of the price. Amazon sell them at a good saving over Sony's RRP, which is 249.99 I would recommend it to anyone wanting a great sounding hi-fi.

Ring Automotive RT5113 Cyba-Lite Wind Up Torch
Ring Automotive RT5113 Cyba-Lite Wind Up Torch

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good torch!, 16 May 2014
I purchased this as a emergency torch/see into the loft at home as battery torches always go flat!!!
It is well built and a short wind of the dynamo lasts a long time for my purposes.
The LED lighting is much better than my old ever ready bulb torch, i was surprised of the field of the beam and was great for what i wanted, would buy another and reccommend.

Apple iPod touch 16GB 4th Generation - Black
Apple iPod touch 16GB 4th Generation - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A credible upgrade from the 3rd generation Ipod Touch!, 22 Jan. 2013
I owned the Ipod Touch 3rd Generation 32gb for four years until the battery failed with old age and over use! Having been really impressed with the Ipod Touch, I decided to have a newer model.

I decided that i didnt need a 32gb model any more as the capacity seemed to be too much for me and the old one was never full with hours of films and TV and music. I'd only had the 32gb model before as I thought 8gb would be too small to take advantage of the apps etc.

When Apple re-introduced the 16gb Ipod Touch, I decided to upgrade and I have found the capacity enough for my needs and you can get a good range of apps, music and video on there. The 4th Gen is a good upgrade on the older models. The retina screen is pin sharp and the processor is much faster. It is nice having a camera for silly pictures, but it could do with a flash. The video is much better too. I am pleased with the new iOS and app store but wish you could delete passbook and other unused apps. Many of these are more useful for iphone owners and would give you more space to use as ios now takes up 3gb.

The sound quality and build is as good as ever and some great new features too!

Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by cheapphonesonline

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Smartphone, 9 Nov. 2012
I have purchased this Sony Xperia U as a significant upgrade from my previous phone, an elderly Sony Ericsson K800i as I thought I should join the touch screen age!

I have purchased the white edition of this phone, from Phones 4U which comes with both a white and yellow end cap (instead of the pink and black with the black edition). I prefer the white version of the phone, but with the wide range of cases and end caps, you can tailor it to your taste.

I think that the phone is very fast in operation and apps and browsing launch and operate quickly. I like the home screen layout, with facebook at a glance, and other widgets giving information on news/weather/music and top contacts, which is useful to dial in a hurry. you can also assign wallpapers and pictures to contacts and customise your home screens (up to 7).

The camera and video functions are very good, giving good results in low light and having Sony's excellent sweep panarama function!

The dial screen for the calls is very clear and you have options for speakerphone and other in call functions, but be careful unless you press the button to cancel the number pad, it is easy to cancel the call you are on or making! One gripe with the dialler is that in times where you have to press an option or series of options on the call, the number pad doesnt come up automatically unless you press the number button,but be careful as you will cut yourself off!

I have found that the battery life is about a day with reasonable use of apps/web and up to two days with calls/texts. I followed advice and ran the battery down and charged for 12 hours to condition the battery. I was told this is very important.

As this is an Android phone you can download all sorts of apps and games from Play Store (similar to App Store)and films and books as well. There are lots of different things to try and many are free, but some can work out quite expensive. I am assured an update is due to Android 4 as my phone is on 2.37, but have not been able to yet!

All in all, I am very impressed with my phone, it is well built and designed and I love the coloured strip which changes with the colours in photos or theme set. I know the jury is out though but I like it!

It is a good alternative to popular phones, give one a try!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3