Profile for PJ Rankine > Reviews

Content by PJ Rankine

PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kellogg's Cinnamon Roll Pop Tarts 14.1 OZ (400g)
Kellogg's Cinnamon Roll Pop Tarts 14.1 OZ (400g)
Offered by Jag Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Still for me simply the best Pop Tart flavour, 5 Mar. 2017
Still for me simply the best Pop Tart flavour, sweet but not too sweet, the pastry has an almost savoury touch to it.

The Freedom Broker (Thea Paris 1)
The Freedom Broker (Thea Paris 1)
by K. J. Howe

3.0 out of 5 stars Very lightweight holiday reading, 5 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book reads like the screenplay for a low budget straight to DVD action movie. The opening chapter where the team rescues a kidnap victim from a camp in the jungle sets the scene for a good read but it goes downhill from there. The characters are all like American TV characters with glamorous lives and glamorous lifestyles. For example 'He pushed himself off the floor and glanced at his Stocker and Yale P650 watch'. Jack Reacher would have glanced at his watch, we don't need to be name dropped the Special Forces timepiece ( I had to Google it).
The sex scene on the plane was completely gratuitous and felt like it had been slipped in to satisfy an editorial demand.
I won't continue to criticise this book because Ms Howe can undeniably write which is more than most of us can do but I do feel she could write a lot better material than this.

Mia & Mimi Women's Abbie Jacket, Black, Medium
Mia & Mimi Women's Abbie Jacket, Black, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Photos don't do it justice, 4 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a medium this jacket comes up on the smaller side but still fits a size 14, perhaps a 16 if you don't do it up.
The jacket looks much nicer in real life than the photos can show but it is an accessory rather than a clothing item. Being made of lace you wouldn't wear it for protection from the elements and I would suggest you choose your jewellery carefully because it could easily snag.
That said this review item came with no snags or pulls whatsoever . The lace is well trimmed with decorative elasticated cuffs, waistband and collar and will look great over a solid colour top to show off the lace pattern.

TOSKATOK® LADIES CHUNKY KNIT SLOUCH BEANIE WITH SPARKLE ACCENT SEQUINS AND FAUX FUR DETACHABLE POMPOM
Offered by PARIELLA

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice hat, 26 Feb. 2017
This is a very attractive slouch beanie in a subtle glittery finish but I suspect it would be very vulnerable to pulls so be careful where you put it when you're not wearing it.

Neato Robotics Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum, 945-0239 (D502) - Pet and Allergy, 61W, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the busy professional, 26 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was looking forward to testing the Neato Botvac as my friends have a Roomba to which I could compare it.
Before buying one of these think where you can put it as you need an unimpeded space against a wall for the docking station, if you don't have that then it may not be for you.
Our ground floor is all wood and the Botvac is perfect for that although it also performed well on the carpet upstairs but more of that later.
You program your Botvac from the app and we have never touched the buttons. When you're away from the house it will tell you when the cycle has finished or if its got stuck, not that you could do much about it!
When you first use the Botvac it does seem to bump into a lot of furniture but its very clever and after a week it has learned its way around quite well. It has never fallen down the stairs either.
The Botvac is not a quiet machine, in fact it was louder than our regular machine but of course that's not an issue if you program it to clean when you're out.
One of the things I noticed with our friends' Roomba was that if you dropped crumbs in its path it ignored them, the Botvac passed that test with flying colours. The Roomba also sometimes forgets its way back to the docking station and so far the Botvac hasn't done that either.
The Botvac can't get into small spaces and corners so it will never be a replacement for a conventional vacuum and it also leaves tracks on the black tiled floor in the kitchen.
It can struggle with more stubborn fluff like your socks leave on carpet but otherwise it does a very goos job. I was concerned that it wouldn't produce enough suction but you can see where its been. It does need emptying every time its used on the carpeted area which is two regular bedrooms and a small landing so it might not be suitable for a large carpeted area. Also when emptying I found that the aperture is wider than a standard flip top bin so care was needed or just empty it straight into the dustbin.
In summary its a good solution for the busy professional who is hard at work all day and struggles to find the time for day to day cleaning.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2017 4:49 PM GMT

Hallmark Mum Mother's Day Card "Note To Thank You" - Medium
Hallmark Mum Mother's Day Card "Note To Thank You" - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle and warm, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This card is perfect for the older child who's mum may be past the stage where they like silly cards. The colour palette is subtle and the wording subtle and appropriate.

Devilzone - A Jack Nightingale Screenplay
Devilzone - A Jack Nightingale Screenplay
by Stephen Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the casual reader perhaps, 19 Feb. 2017
I've never read a screenplay before but once I got into it I really enjoyed it. I think the fact that I have read the entire Jack Nightingale book series helped because I knew what was going on and who was who. I don't know if this would be easy reading for the casual reader but for Stephen Leather fans its a must read.

Purecup Nespresso Compatible Tea Variety Pack
Purecup Nespresso Compatible Tea Variety Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Nespresso and tea don't mix, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love my Nespresso and I also love tea but that doesn't mean that the two go together.
The Purecup capsules are very well presented in a compartmented box with a different flavour in each and a guide on the back to assist in how to drink them.
I started off with the cocoa and mint. The drink was a bit insipid looking and at first I thought it was quite refreshing but after a few tips it tasted like warm mint sauce.
Next up I tried the black tea chai. This smelt wonderful with a distinct cinnamon scent but in the mouth all I could taste was ginger and black pepper, not nice at all.
Finally I made the fruity berry. This was a beautiful red colour and smelled very fruity. The flavour was quite intense but I thought it needed sweetening. This is one of the flavours recommended for iced tea and would bear further dilution quite well.
One of the problems with these teas is that the Nespresso machine; a Prodigy in my case, just doesn't make the tea hot enough.
Sorry but I couldn't bear to try the other two flavours, tranquiltea and lemon and ginger and I couldn't persuade my wife too either!

pür Disappearing Ink Concealer 4-in-1 Concealer Pen, Tan 3.5 ml
pür Disappearing Ink Concealer 4-in-1 Concealer Pen, Tan 3.5 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overall product, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all this product had no instructions as to whether it should be applied under or over foundation so my wife tried it both ways and even both at the same time.
It applies easily with a built in sponge applicator and blended in very well.
It wasn't quite good enough for her dark circles but it was very good at covering other facial dark spots and blemishes.
It lasted well.
To qualify my wife is mixed race with a Mediterranean complexion.

Ultratec smartphone protective cover for iPhone 6 in elegant leather look with removable inner compartment, light brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made and good looking but too bulky for me, 9 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For construction and appearance this phone case deserved five stars. It is so well made that if you didn't know it was leather you couldn't tell without smelling it, it looks and feels just like the real thing but is of course suitable for vegans.
The case comes in two parts with your phone sitting in a colour matched clip on case with a faux leather back that attacks firmly to a hidden magnetic plate within the back part of the case. In fact it is so firm that I clipped my phone in without even realising and it didn't move.
The opening part of the case contains slots for three credit cards.
If this sort of case if what you're looking for I can highly recommend it.
So why did I give it only three stars?
Because its just too big for me. I carry my phone in my front trouser pocket and this doubled the thickness of my phone and felt bulky. After all, do we not buy iPhones because they are so light and slim?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20