Profile for Pam > Reviews

Content by Pam

Pam (Shropshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Womens Fitness, Maya Top Sternitz, perfect for pilates, yoga and any sport, bamboo fabric, ecological and soft. Sleeveless. (Medium, Pink)
Offered by Sternitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 9 April 2017
Brilliant top, cool and fits well, flexible enough for any sport and not too clingy. Bought size medium although I am size 10 because I don't like clothes too tight. Good quick service, cannot fault.

Shirt Fitness Women, Ananda Sternitz, ideal for pilates, yoga and any sport, bamboo fabric, ecological and soft. Round neck. 3/4 sleeve.
Offered by Sternitz
Price: £40.99 - £45.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sports top, flattering yet functional., 7 April 2017
Great sports top, I ordered the medium when I am usually a size 10 but I don't like things too clingy. This was just what I wanted, it doesn't ride up and yet is as flexible as you need it to be. Very pleased and have already ordered a sleeveless style from same firm.

A Boy Made of Blocks: The most uplifting novel of 2017
A Boy Made of Blocks: The most uplifting novel of 2017

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely story about lovely people., 24 Mar. 2017
I loved this book, well written, funny and absorbing...I can even forgive it the 'feel good' ending which in all honesty felt a bit too contrived. A good book that I can recommend to anyone and a fantastic holiday read.

The Devil's Work
The Devil's Work

1.0 out of 5 stars Drivel, puerile and deeply unattractive., 31 Jan. 2017
This review is from: The Devil's Work (Kindle Edition)
Drivel! Puerile teenage drivel! I have read a couple of this authors books before and managed to get beyond the slightly distasteful, seedy side to his characterisation......I never even came close with this one. One dimensional characters, unbelievable plot lines, a heroine who would have been locked up years ago in real life and a certain obsession with insinuations of torture (never explicit to give him his due) and sexual deviation - well, suffice to say I hated it and struggled to finish it. I ended up skim reading the last few chapters and was most relieved to finish. Reading the reviews they are either written by teenagers who have no desire for realism in their novels yet or ...... perhaps it is just me!!!

Homecoming
Homecoming
by Susie Steiner

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying, page turner about real people leading real lives., 30 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Homecoming (Paperback)
What a lovely, lovely book - about lovely human people in whom you feel an investment, I laughed and I cried with these characters. The story is simple and convincing, it feels as if you are peeking in at part of their life story and that once you close the book their story will continue. It is a long time since I was so sorry to finish a book and I will await her next novel with impatience. I have read the detective story that she has written and it was excellent in terms of the genre but this book was far superior.....thank you Susie Steiner.

Karrimor Womens Ladies Fleece Jacket Long Sleeve Zip High Collar Pockets Purple 10 (S)
Offered by Kickback Sports

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange proportions., 5 Oct. 2016
Really annoyed about this actually, I ordered a size 10 which I always wear and paid £5 postage! When it arrived it was far too small around the hips ( the one place I never gave trouble fitting), a size bigger would have been too big around the bust so I had to pay £2.85 to post it back to them! So in effect I paid £7.85 to try on a fleece that was never the correct size anyway. I will not be dealing again.
In fairness the fleece seemed good quality and I liked the style....just a very odd shape.

Payback
Payback

1.0 out of 5 stars Offensively violent, 6 April 2016
This review is from: Payback (Kindle Edition)
I got this book free which is as well because I read about 10 pages and deleted it from my kindle. With one character having all his teeth pulled out with pliers and then his hand being chopped off.....well it is not my idea of entertainment.

Duracell Plus Power Type AA Alkaline Batteries, pack of 24
Duracell Plus Power Type AA Alkaline Batteries, pack of 24

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably fake., 25 Aug. 2015
Batteries do not last as long as they should. I put them into my battery powered candles, didn't use them for two months and when I turned the candles on the batteries - all 6 of them were completely dead! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I would rather pay more and get proper Duracell batteries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2016 6:11 PM BST

Go Set a Watchman
Go Set a Watchman

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps slightly flawed but still exceptional., 29 July 2015
This review is from: Go Set a Watchman (Kindle Edition)
I bought this out of curiosity because I loved Mocking Bird, I really enjoyed getting to know Scout and her father again and the book (unsurprisingly) has a genuine period feel about it. Whilst it wasnt as satisfying and complete a read as Mocking Bird, in parts it didn't flow as well but I would still say it is an exceptionally good read which covers difficult areas such as racism with confidence and clarity. I found some of the American references confusing, some meant nothing to me .....but the main story is Scout and her relationship with her father. I still love Atticus Finch!

The Miniaturist: A Richard and Judy Book Club Selection
The Miniaturist: A Richard and Judy Book Club Selection

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story beautifully told., 15 Mar. 2015
Oh how I have loved this book! I usually dislike historical novels but bought it due to the reviews. However I then delayed reading it for ages, I somehow could not muster the enthusiasm to start the book but I am so glad that I eventually did. It is beautifully written in a quiet understated voice that makes you relax into the story. The descriptive passages, sparse but relevant, build a picture of Amsterdam in the 16th century complete with smells and textures. The story is slightly other worldly and enigmatic at times but the overall concept is unusually interesting. The book is gripping, very original, so sad at times that it moved me to tears, beautiful, satisfying and heartwarming.....it has restored my belief that there are wonderful books still out there to be read. Thank you Jessie Burton, I look forward to your next book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5