Profile for I buy stuff > Reviews

Cobra Labs The Curse 250 g/50 Servings Green Apple Envy Sports Supplements
Cobra Labs The Curse 250 g/50 Servings Green Apple Envy Sports Supplements
Offered by fly eagle

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a chronic caffeine abuser, 6 Jun. 2017
I've tried BSN N.O Xplode, Optimim Nutrition Amino Energy and PRE brands, Reflex pre-workout, Sci-MX, probably a few others I've forgotten over the years and none come close to this. I'm on anywhere from 400-1000mg of caffeine a day (arguably my body just rejects most of that and doesn't even try to process it) and I still feel this.

Had 3 scoops the first time and had spots in my eyes when lifting heavy, dropped it down to 2 scoops the next few sessions and still got the awesome itchy bottled energy feeling, then moved it back up to 3 scoops for my heavy squats session the next week and went nuts. Only needed to do 1x1 on squats but had so much drive I went 2x3 on my PR weight, then staggered off to do all my assistance work.

Taste I can only describe as sickly apple, and the bright colour makes it look worse than it is. Definitely reminds of some kind of sweets I had as a child, or apple flavoured pop. It's drinkable, but not something I'd look forward to for flavour.

I'm also fairly certain the name "the curse" comes from the truly explosive bowel movements this has provoked.

Screen Cleaner 100ml Cleaning Brush and Fine Microfibre Towel for LCD, LED, TFT, HD TV's, Plasma,Laptops, touchscreen, smartphones, TV Screens, Tablets, Keyboards, E-readers and more
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans sneeze debris, 18 Jan. 2017
Bought to use at work for cleaning laptop screens etc, works fine. The brush was a handy addition for clearing out keyboard crumbs etc, seemed a good value package

Trespass Albus Backpack - Flint, 30 L
Trespass Albus Backpack - Flint, 30 L

4.0 out of 5 stars Big enough to fit a weeks worth of stuff in, 6 Jan. 2017
Used once so far, or technically twice, when I went away from work. Managed to get several changes of clothes, my work laptop and charger, my pre-workout tub, a change of shoes, kindle, 3DS, toiletries, other bits and bobs inside and then my 1ltr steel drinks canister in the side pouch.
It does have 2 main compartments to make up the bag, as long as something is at the bottom to cushion it, a laptop is fine in the front (smaller) compartment.

No issues with comfort, the straps or zips. Side pouches are sturdy enough, too.

SCI-MX Nutrition X-Plode Plus Hardcore 400 g Blackcurrant - Pre-workout energy, power and pump amplifier

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and cheap, 6 Jan. 2017
I'm something of a caffeine addict, routinely skirting 700-1000mg a day from a mix of pills and pre-workout.

Recently changed to this from Optimum Nutrition's 'PRE' as my actual pre gym drink, this has more caffeine per serving but isn't as nice to drink. The orange flavour I can only describe as "that typical orange-ish flavour that gym drinks have". On the plus side, this is about £6 cheaper for the same number of servings.

I don't do cardio, I'd probably die if I tried with all the caffeine, but this made me itch and provides the typical intensity on heavy lifts. That and I couldn't sleep til 2 hours past my normal time lets me know this stuff works.

USB-C Adapter,Type C Adapter,[3Pack]by Ailun,Convert Micro USB to USB-C,Data Syncing and Charging,for MacBook,ChromeBook Pixel,Nexus 5X,Nexus 6P,One Plus 2 & all Type C Port Supported Device
Offered by siania

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves buying all new chargers, 9 Dec. 2016
Obviously used to convert my micro-USB chargers to USB C. No issues at all, been using for about a week now

Venom Twin Docking Station with 2 x Rechargeable Battery Packs: White (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues, 9 Dec. 2016
Somewhere handy to store the pads, green light when battery is full, red when it's not.

I keep mine unplugged when it's not charging as the manual does recommend this to prolong battery life

Huawei P9 Case - Terrapin Huawei P9 Leather Case Wallet Flip Cover - Ultra Slim Fit - Viewing Stand - Card Slots - Black
Offered by ClickJunkie

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 9 Dec. 2016
Bit stiff, as expected because it's new. The 'lines' on the inside of the case will mark your screen, even without cards in, so you will need some kind of screen protector.

Warhammer 40,000 Eternal Crusade (PC DVD)
Warhammer 40,000 Eternal Crusade (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Only for 40k fans, 10 Oct. 2016
I'll start by saying 4 stars on Amazon means "I like it", so in this case, it's accurate. As a game is it 4/5 stars? Not even close.

The game is basically still in Alpha. It was an Early Access product on Steam, and then suddenly it got announced they were heading for a live date. I don't fault the developers for that, likely they had no input and require money to keep going. Fair enough, that's the world we live in. The original PlanetSide 2 clone that this was intended to be has instead turned into an arena shooter, like the Battlefield games (though current vehicles are only troop transports and some pretty depressing tanks).
The game is entirely Online only, and you will have to play on Steam (where the reviews are primarily negative). There's been a few smear campaigns of people claiming the devs weren't open about what they were doing (despite at least weekly status updates) and anyone trying to be optimistic is instantly downvoted (though, again, if it wasn't 40k, no one would play it).

The game itself lets you play as Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks or Eldar, each with 5 classes and multiple loadout options. Not all items are in game yet, and you buy random loot boxes to unlock new gear, so chances are good it still hasn't all been unlocked (as the boxes go from 1000points, 5000 points, 12,000 points up to 33,000 points). An average score after a match is probably 4-7k, depending on how well you're doing. The optimisation is also pretty poor at this point, and, again, the only really positive thing you'll see from people who play is it's 40k, and it's not like we have a lot of choice.

As it is, I've played at least 50-60 hours since 'release' and am enjoying myself and I'll keep dabbling and checking back after updates to see what's new and how it's coming along, but realistically, you can't recommend this game to anyone who isn't a 40k fan (hence my explanation of Amazon's definition of a 4 star rating). It's pretty much a given the playerbase will die off a bit when 'SpaceHulk: Deathwing' is released next month, but if you see this on a sale (and honestly, you will) then it may be worth a shot. The game will either die off completely next year or it'll still be chugging away in the background, pushing out the updates, making the changes, keeping people happy enough, but when was a 40K game ever a chart topper? Relic (of the Dawn of War series) got sold off and the 'Space Marine' game by Sega didn't warrant enough sales to get a sequel.

Ending on the grim note of "It's this or nothing" amuses me, and fits with the 40k universe.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 Multi-Device, 3 Devices - Disc (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 Multi-Device, 3 Devices - Disc (PC)
Offered by Accessory Land

3.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good, no longer recommend for gamers, 6 Oct. 2016
I've been using this family of products for years, and used to recommend them. Now the program is really starting to annoy me, as despite all scan settings being set to manual, and the options to only scan when the system isn't in use, it still insists on trying to start a scan when I'm playing a game on either Steam or Origin. Clearly, the opposite of "when system isn't in use"
Now when I notice things looking suspiciously laggy, I have to alt-tab out and stop the scan. Definitely didn't do this prior to the past couple of months and there are no other settings I can correct

Just Cause 3 (PC)
Just Cause 3 (PC)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Lazy developers and memory leaks, 26 July 2016
This review is from: Just Cause 3 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I pre-ordered this game and have so far only spent about 3 hours in it, due to bugs and horrendous graphical glitches. The Steam forum is currently heavily moderated for any posts criticising the performance as the 'fix' from the people behind it is to have 16GB of RAM, due to massive, gaping, memory leaks.
I also had the problem of weird, glitch graphics (on any setting, big grey triangles flopping all over the place and see through mountains), which they said was an issue for AMD GPUs and I'm not sure this has been fixed yet, either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6