Profile for Helenebaskit > Reviews

Helenebaskit (Amsterdam, Netherlands)

Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle
Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle
by Gin Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars Delay, Don't Deny - get the theory and the process behind a perfect, clean fast., 29 May 2017
I've read a lot of books about fasting, and this one is among my favourites. Dr Stephens gives a personal account of her journey with dieting and how she arrived at the Deláy, Don't Deny fasting method. She backs her experiences up with studies and references sources that explain the reasons why these past diets simply did not work. I feel so much better using her fasting method and no longer deny certain food groups for days and days, like I had previously. (that just wrecks your metabolism - lesson learned) This plan allows you to enjoy life while losing weight and feeling healthier throughout the entire process. Highly recommend.

180 Letters and Symbols Light Up Your Life Cinematic A4 Lightbox, Plastic VSOAIR
Offered by AntEuro

5.0 out of 5 stars We love our light box and we use it to welcome ..., 24 Feb. 2017
We love our light box and we use it to welcome visitors to our house. I had given it as a gift to my husband, and at first it had malfunctioned, but the seller reshipped a new one to us and it works perfectly. Highly recommend

Kosma Egg Cups with Spoon (Set of 2) Stainless steel | Egg Holder
Kosma Egg Cups with Spoon (Set of 2) Stainless steel | Egg Holder
Offered by Kosma Global Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Cups are too big to hold an egg properly, 6 Dec. 2015
Unfortunately these cups are too big to hold the eggs! (see photo comparing it to a ceramic egg cup.) The eggs sink down all the way to the bottom of the cup and renders it useless to hold the egg in place as you eat it. So we resorted to flipping the cup upside down and used the bottom part to hold the egg - which was awkward. Also, after one run through the dishwasher the cups started to rust at the bottom. It's too bad because I thought these looked really nice in the photo and was looking forward to using them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Eat Right for Your Body Type: The Super-healthy Diet Inspired by Ayurveda
Eat Right for Your Body Type: The Super-healthy Diet Inspired by Ayurveda
by Anjum Anand

2.0 out of 5 stars You're better off getting something from Dr, 1 Oct. 2015
I've read several books on Ayurveda and this one has a LOT of contradictions in it. Ayurveda is confusing enough as it is. You're better off getting something from Dr. Chopra. Emine Rushton's A Body Balance Diet is very good, too,... or even A Pukka Life.

The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating
The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook for Keto / LCHF / Low-carbers, 1 Oct. 2015
I have a huge collection of cookbooks and this one is among my favourites! The recipes are easy and delicious, even my vegetarian husband was tempted by a few of the dishes even though they contained chicken (usually he screams in horror), but this time he thought they looked and smelled fantastic. If you're Keto / LCHF / or a low-carber you don't want to pass up this cookbook. It's a gem. I especially like the introduction and the William Banting explanations. Prof. Noakes is terrific, too. They put a nice team together to make this book. Enjoy!

I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
by Sarah Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely lacks focus, she's all over the place., 25 May 2014
This books seems like a compilation of all the current food trends circulating in the media. While her main message is "quit sugar," she's all over the paleo, green smoothie, raw foodist (sprouting!), super power food trends as well. If someone is giving up sugar for life the last thing on their mind is sprouting nuts and legumes. She bangs on nonstop about how much coconut oil she consumes and how great it is for us, all while quoting the obesity expert Dr. Robert Lustig. If she were truly familiar with his work she would know that he is not an advocate of coconut oil, as studies show it contributes to atherosclerosis. Frankly, the Lustig quotes are the only legitimate part of the book. If you want to quit sugar read Dr. Lustig's book "Fat Chance." He gives you the science behind the dangers of sugar, not a laundry list of trendy super foods, coconut oil, maca powder and chia seed recipes.

Breaking Bad - Season 5* [DVD + UV Copy]
Breaking Bad - Season 5* [DVD + UV Copy]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by Assai-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Only HALF of the season. Seriously?, 14 Nov. 2013
What a con job. This DVD calls itself "Season 5" yet only contains 8 episodes. I don't know if this product was designed to deceive people or what. This was given to me as a gift and I was surprised there were only 8 episodes. When I went online to investigate why, I stumbled upon SPOILERS. Wow, gee, thanks for that. NOT. I had intentionally avoided reading anything about Breaking Bad online and then this happened. Not sure whose hair-brained idea it was to release half of a season and then call it a season. Horrible marketing, extremely deceptive and misleading.

Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health
by Alejandro Junger

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating information, 15 May 2013
I've read both Clean and Clean Gut and the content is very different. Dr. Junger goes into far more detail about our digestive system, gut dysfunction, autoimmune diseases, infertility and depression in Clean Gut. I was surprised to learn that there are more foods allowed on the Clean Gut version that were not a part of Clean; a few nightshades, (such as tomatoes), lentils, grass fed meat and eggs. Last year I had tried Clean and loved it but eventually fell back into my old ways. Especially with my coffee/tea, dairy and the occasional wheat product. When Clean Gut came out it inspired me to try again. All I can tell you is how fantastic I feel after doing this program. I gave up caffeine, sugar, dairy and grains completely. Once I got past the first week it was like I was a whole new person. Now my skin is clear(eczema gone), my eyes are brighter and I have new energy. Plus I lost ten pounds. Despite the fact that he gives great detail on how to reintroduce the toxic triggers I feel a bit worried about consuming the foods that make me feel terrible. I know for a fact that wheat is the absolute worst offender (I get extremely ill and won't go into gory detail) and sugar makes me cranky, so I plan on going with this plan for as long as possible. There are terrific recipes provided, if a craving strikes the cocoa smoothies satisfy completely.

If you're someone who can't give up rubbish foods this isn't for you, but if you're interested in renewed energy and feeling your best I highly recommend this book.

Dual-function Juicer
Dual-function Juicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer!, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Dual-function Juicer (Electronics)
I use my juicer every day and it's wonderful. It fully extracts all of the liquid from the vegetables and fruit. It's also well designed and easy to clean. It's a great product, I hope Amazon continues to carry it.