Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Andrew" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Union Jack Velcro Woven Embroidered Poppy Patch Olive Green Large
Union Jack Velcro Woven Embroidered Poppy Patch Olive Green Large
Offered by MilitaryOps Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Handsome and respectful., 22 July 2016
Very nice, well-made item. There was an initial mix-up with the order, but the vendor resolved that promptly.

Pair of Solid Brass Hasp & Staple for Cupboard / Cabinet Door - 2 x 38mm
Pair of Solid Brass Hasp & Staple for Cupboard / Cabinet Door - 2 x 38mm
Offered by Charles Watson (Ironmongers) Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars no large locks, 16 July 2016
The product is as described, and seems well-made. Would suit a small door, box, etc. needing just a modest level of security.
BUT the description says "11mm hole for lock" whereas the hole for the lock is actually more like 7mm: a large padlock will not fit.

Goliton® MSATA Testing Tools mSATA SSD to SATA Hard Disk Adapter Board Full-height Riser
Offered by Bestin

3.0 out of 5 stars read the description carefully, 10 July 2016
Read the description carefully (and decipher wisely!)

The description isn't all that clear. This will take your SATA drive and provide it with an mSATA interface, it seems. I was looking for something to take an mSATA drive and hook it up to a SATA interface. :( Buyer beware!

Men's Black Lidded Mini Stacker
Men's Black Lidded Mini Stacker

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 19 Jun. 2016
Good quality item. The standard of construction, design, and finishing (and packaging) almost certainly exceeds what you'd expect for the price. Very happy with this -- I think any man who likes his bling would be happy to have this box/range.

Noke NOKE_PADLOCK_SLVR Bluetooth Padlock - Silver
Noke NOKE_PADLOCK_SLVR Bluetooth Padlock - Silver
Offered by Gadget Grotto

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for primetime., 18 Jun. 2016
I wanted one of these as soon as I read about them when the Noke kickstarter campaign launched. After many delays, they started shipping the product. I'm so disappointed.

The concept is good, and the lock is handsome enough. But it's completely let down by the app. The "one touch" open never works for me. Worse, the app security is over-blown and mis-placed: I've lost the password now, and I fear that renders the lock an expensive paperweight. I also had trouble registering for an account in the first place through the app. The app is not very self-explanatory, and the website help is quite perfunctory. I can't get the 'tap' passcode to work at all.

The upshot is that I'm reluctant to rely on the lock. I don't want to be stuck at the gym with all my belongings in a locker, finding that Noke doesn't want to play ball. It's just not reliable enough. Not ready for primetime. A great shame.

Humax HDR-2000T 500GB Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-2000T 500GB Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder

3.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, 11 May 2016
Initial thoughts:

The box seems to work fairly well, and the interface is good and responsive. Setup was a breeze. The picture quality is great. The range of apps is terrible. If you want a straightforward Freeview recorder, this may be the item for you. If you want more functionality, I'd look elsewhere.

Two reasons I'm unimpressed:
(1) don't confuse this model with the Humax DTR-T2000, which has very similar specs, but different features (more apps, and the 'scroll back seven days' EPG)

(2) Though I paid for a 'New' product, Amazon sent me one marked 'Graded' - which is pretty poor behaviour.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2016 1:49 PM BST

Mens Calf Length Leather Terminator Biker Cowboy Boots & FREE Boot Socks (9 UK, Black) ...
Offered by Retail Therapy Boutique

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price, 1 Jan. 2016
You get what you pay for, I think. These boots look the part, but are a fairly thin and weak construction: they'll do for show, but I sincerely doubt they'd protect your feet in adverse weather etc., nor be good for walking too far in. I could be wrong about that (but see other reviews). They suit me, and will serve the purpose (show, not protection) I bought them for. In hindsight, I maybe wish I'd paid 2x or 3x as much and got a stronger boot.

Hisense 50 inch Smart Ultra HD 4K LED TV with 2 years warranty
Hisense 50 inch Smart Ultra HD 4K LED TV with 2 years warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, it's a great product at a great price, 1 Jan. 2016
In common with most reviews here, I though this a great TV for a good price. I've watched it a lot in the week since it arrived, and all is good.

Quality: my TV has no visible dead pixels, nor any other cosmetic issues.
Software: the built-in software is fairly limited, but an auto-upgrade got me iPlayer straight away.
Sound: for a TV, the sound quality is pretty good. Obviously not as good as a quality surround system though.
Picture: the picture is generally good. The default settings give rather a heavy "soap opera effect" (Google it), but the smoothing can be turned off to give a picture more like the one most of us are used to.
4K: I haven't got much 4K content to try. A few 4K YouTube videos show the capability ok.

Notes:
My tip: it's not obvious how to enter letters as well as numbers when entering a wifi password. The trick is to press 'ok' before you start to enter anything: this brings up an on-screen keyboard.

The built-in video player plays stuff from my NAS just fine: But I can't find how to select the language: so one movie switched to French half way through, which was a bit random!

It has some chromecast functionality built-in: you can 'cast' a YouTube video straight to it (without a Chromecast), but this has some bugs so doesn't necessarily work correctly.

Overall, it's a great product at a great price: not perfect, by any means, but I'm glad I bought it.

RDX MMA Thermal Compression Shorts Boxing Training Base Layer Fitness Running Exercise
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shorts, 25 Sept. 2015
I've bought two pairs now - for general gym wear. They are comfortable and well made. I hesitate to wear some compression shorts without extra over-sorts, but these look just fine on their own, to me anyway!

RDX MMA Thermal Compression Shorts Groin Cup Boxing Training Guard Base Layer Fitness Running Exercise

5.0 out of 5 stars good shorts which fit well, 14 April 2015
Quality product: good shorts which fit well. Both the shorts and the cup feel well-made and robust.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4