Profile for Jeroen > Reviews

Jeroen

Panama Jack Men's Magic Black 3A04 10 UK
Panama Jack Men's Magic Black 3A04 10 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars My feet got spoiled, 10 Nov. 2011
A must buy if you want to spoil your feet. Very good isolation because of airfilled pockets on the sole. Nice side-effect is that it feels my feet get a massage when I walk on them!

Humanism: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Humanism: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Stephen Law

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but too much focused on (anti-)religion, 10 Nov. 2011
This book is worthy of it's title. A short introduction about the history of humanism and contemporary humanism. My favorite chapter is the one where the meaning of life from a humanist point of view is explained. That was an eye-opener to me. Very recommendable if you just got interested in humanism or history in general.
A negative aspect is how (anti-)religion drowns this book. Even though two chapters are dedicated to it, you will find it in every chapter. And that's why I don't recommend it for reading.
I want a book that teaches me about Humanism, not a book that gives me arguments why I should not believe in God. And to me that was a big disappointment.