Profile for S. D. Southam > Reviews

Content by S. D. Southam
Top Reviewer Ranking: 724

S. D. Southam "Shereen" (Essex)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Infinite Trolley Key - Nickel Metal Enamelled
Infinite Trolley Key - Nickel Metal Enamelled
Offered by Acrylic Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 May 2015
Oh, I love this! Just attach it to your keyring and you'll never have to ask for a pound coin for a trolley again! You put the fat end in the coin slot, just like a pound coin, take your trolley and then wiggle it slightly - and it comes out! I still put my trolley back in the trolley park and push the next trolley's chain thing in the slot because I figure that if the Security Guards saw too many people using these, they would come up with something to prevent their use. But if you were in a hurry or outside in the car park, you could just leave the trolley and not have to take it back to get your pound back :-)

Sugru Mouldable Glue - Black (Pack of 8)
Sugru Mouldable Glue - Black (Pack of 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like the result anyway, 12 May 2015
There is a lot of hype about this product, both from its makers and alleged users. But it is so messy to use because it sticks all over your fingers as you ply it to make it soft! And it's a devil to get off your fingers when you have finished too. I've tried one sachet, to try and make non-slip strips on a hanger but despite cleaning the hanger as per the instructions, it was extremely hard to get this to stick to it! And after all the effort and the black fingers, I didn't like the result anyway! I don't think I could ever face trying another sachet... so it's just another waste of my hard earned money.

Limescale & Detergent Remover for Washing Machines & Dishwashers 10 Applications, 10 months supply.
Offered by JYW GLOBAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Reduces limescale, keeping your machine working well, 12 May 2015
I have been using this product for many years and I have NEVER had a smelly washing machine! I also use a scoopful of Soda Crystals in every wash, which softens the water, deodorises and helps prevent limescale AND I dry the rubber seal after every wash, so maybe these are other reasons why I have never had a smelly washing machine and so many reviewers say they do?

As an engineer stated in a comment on one review limescale does not smell - it is the bacteria that smells. So if you only ever wash at 40 degrees, bacteria will build up and begin to smell. So if you want a sweet smelling washing machine that is limescale free, follow this good advice instead of complaining about this product! After all, it is described as a limescale and detergent remover, which it is and NOT a deodoriser, which it is not!

60" wide Egyptian Draping Muslin Fabric White - per metre
60" wide Egyptian Draping Muslin Fabric White - per metre
Offered by Ainsberry Fabrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper pressing cloth, 12 May 2015
I purchased 1 metre of this because I was fed up with keep having to replace those plastic mesh type ironing cloths, which burn quite easily - and I love it! I cut my metre into 3 pieces measuring approximately 40" x 22" but obviously you could cut it into smaller pieces :-)

Wenko 17219010100 Non-slip Strips for Hangers 20 Pieces
Wenko 17219010100 Non-slip Strips for Hangers 20 Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars They work but they are only 5cm long, 12 May 2015
They do help to stop clothes falling off hangers but they are only 5cm long! So I put two at each end of a few hangers just to make sure. And although they sound like a bargain compared to the Caraselle ones - the Caraselle ones look a lot longer. So I wish I had purchased the Caraselle ones now.

Sinland Microfiber Deep Waffle Weave Facial Cloths 6 Pcs 30cmx30cm White
Sinland Microfiber Deep Waffle Weave Facial Cloths 6 Pcs 30cmx30cm White
Offered by Eco-cleaning

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not absorb 7 times their weight in moisture!, 12 May 2015
I purchased these because it says they absorb 7 times their weight in moisture - but they definitely do not! One cloth weighs 27-28 grams. So I multiplied that by 7 = 189 grams. I then placed 189 grams of water in a flat dish, popped a new cloth in and waited for 5 minutes. I then lifted the cloth out and measured the weight of the water remaining - and there was 177 grams remaining! I will perform the test again when the cloths have been washed to see how much more water they absorb then and I will post back with my findings.

Also, having been using the 'fluffy type' of white microfiber dishcloths for some time, I found these Sinland cloths attract and hold stains much more easily. So they will need washing daily if they are to look nice and clean, which is good hygiene wise but a bit of a pain in practice. So I wish I had not bought them :-(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2015 12:15 PM BST

Wolf Pro 1500W 9-in-1 Super Heated Steam Cleaner Cleaning System - Sanitising Upright and Hand Held - Complete with WIDE RANGE of ACCESSORIES Clean Carpets, Windows, Hard Wooden Floor, Baths, Sinks, Showers, Tiles, Ovens, Fabric, Garments and Curtains
Offered by UK Home Shopping - UKHS

5.0 out of 5 stars 150 degrees, 3 bar pressure AND swivel head!, 8 May 2015
I am extremely hard to please when it comes to tools and appliances - and I am absolutely delighted with this steam cleaner!

Pros:
- The floor head not only swivels but is also narrow enough to get into smaller recesses than most, so I was able to clean the narrow gap between my toilet and bath and between the basin and the wall! I was SO impressed by that :-)
- Even on the maximum steam setting, it doesn't over-wet hard floors like some, so they dry very quickly :-)
- It has a nice long, 5m cable
- It steams at up to 150 degrees at 3-bar pressure, which is hotter and more powerful than most.
- The carpet glider CLIPS on, so it doesn't keep dropping off if you lift the cleaner like some do :-)
- It has variable steam and an on/off button
- In floor mode, it only steams when you press the trigger on the handle and stops immediately when you release it - so you don't have to worry about over-steaming a small area or having to put the mop somewhere else if the phone rings and you want to stop. That used to be a problem with another floor steamer I had.
- It has a good selection of accessories, which should be enough to clean anything you care to mention!
Cons:
-I found it quite hard to get the plug off the water container at first - but it was a lot easier the next time I used it.
-It's supposed to heat up in 30 seconds and it probably does - but as mentioned, the steam will not start coming out of the floor head until you press the trigger on the handle. I didn't realise this at first and waited about 60 seconds for it to start steaming before I noticed the trigger! LOL.
- It only comes with one floor mop head and one bonnet, so you might want to buy a couple of spares....
Would I recommend it to others? DEFINITELY!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2015 6:59 PM GMT

JAY-BE Apollo Single Folding Bed with Sprung Slatted Base and Airflow Mattress
JAY-BE Apollo Single Folding Bed with Sprung Slatted Base and Airflow Mattress
Offered by The Guest Bed Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY HARD AND UNCOMFORTABLE!, 17 April 2015
Firstly, this bed is EXTREMELY hard and uncomfortable to lie on! But having read a lot of reviews saying the slats broke when a child or someone weighing 9 stone slept on it, I am not at all happy with it and feel that the maximum user weight should have been clearly stated, so that I and others like me didn't waste their hard earned money! I am absolutely gutted to have wasted £45 on this.

Update: I selected Return this item but during the process, I was advised that Amazon would pay £3 + a few pence towards its return. And since it would probably cost me about £30 to return it by courier, I abandoned the return process and phoned Amazon - and they immediately agreed to collect this free of charge :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2015 12:18 PM BST

Hotties Thermal Packs Limited Replacement Core
Hotties Thermal Packs Limited Replacement Core
Offered by Hottles

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds the heat for HOURS!, 16 April 2015
I love Hotties and have been using them for many years because they hold the heat for MUCH longer than wheat bags or indeed, any other heat pad I've tried. I believe they are filled with layers of paper and water and I use them as a hot water bottle in the winter and also for relieving an aching neck, back, hips etc. :-) They heat up in just 2 minutes in a microwave. But you must NEVER heat them for longer than stated on the pack because that will make them expand like a balloon! Unless the seams split when this happens, they will still work but every time you heat them after that, they will swell up.That has happened to 2 or 3 of mine over the last 10 years, when I have failed to notice that the timer wasn't cleared before I pressed 1 minute twice. But I always buy a replacement asap because I would never use any other type of hot 'water' bottle.

Supreme One Shot Un-Block It Instant Heavy Duty Drain Cleaner 1 Litre (1)
Supreme One Shot Un-Block It Instant Heavy Duty Drain Cleaner 1 Litre (1)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SUITABLE FOR BATHS OR SINKS!, 31 Mar. 2015
I cannot comment on how good this is at unblocking outside drains or toilets because I purchased it to unblock my bath, which has been extremely slow draining ever since the Council installed it a few years ago! And the description says 'Usage: Suitable for use in drains, sinks and toilets'. HOWEVER, on the actual bottle it says 'Do NOT use this product to unblock, baths, showers, basins or Kitchen sinks'!

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30