Profile for M. Stage > Reviews

Flip the Funnel: How to Use Existing Customers to Gain New Ones
Flip the Funnel: How to Use Existing Customers to Gain New Ones
by Joseph Jaffe

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been 1/3 as long, 1 Mar. 2012
Flip the funnel is not a bad book at all, but the author keeps mentioning the same things over and over again, and almost every section or chapter contains a new 10 item list to do that, 4 rules to increase this.
I like easy to remember models, but putting so many in one book dumbs it down a lot and makes it almost impossible to remember any of them.

The author also comes of as being a bit full of himself, but hey, that is a matter of personal preference.

The book certainly contains a lot of good advice about how to treat your customers, I totally agree with what the book is saying, but personally I much prefered The Thank You Economy

Special Affections
Special Affections

4.0 out of 5 stars Golden demo, 1 April 2011
This review is from: Special Affections (Audio CD)
The sound of this cd almost reminds me of a demo-tape that some producer made, so that he could send it out to different singers and replace his testvocals with theirs, but in this instance he didn't and all the better for it.

The melodies are simple, sometimes a bit kitchy, but always extremely honest and good, and it is one of those albums that grows on you the more you listen to it.

I also like the fact, that this doesn't sound like anything else that came out in 2010, at least not anything I've listened to, and that makes it stand out even more.

State of Fear
State of Fear
by Michael Crichton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not top-notch, 28 Jan. 2006
This review is from: State of Fear (Hardcover)
Having read both "The Sphere" and "Prey" I have started to become a fan of Chricton's unique blend of real science and science fiction, and to that extent, the book delivers what it promises.
My only problem with this book is that some of the characters are "too good to be true"-types, and uncommon to some of his previous books, I was able to guess the plot a little too easy, and the suspension towards the end of the book, the showdown, wasn't really exciting.
But, unlike most fiction, this book manages to give you something real to think about when you are done reading the book. The topic of global warming is heavily debated, and you start wondering how much you actually know about it, and leaves you wanting more information on the topic, and that is an achievement in and of itself.
Allthough the book isn't top-notch all the way, I couldn't put it down and read it in less than 24 hours, so it can't be that bad ;-)

Live: The Way We Walk: Volume One: The Shorts
Live: The Way We Walk: Volume One: The Shorts
Offered by CAC Media UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats Genesis live!, 26 Jan. 2006
I originally bought this album as a pirated MC in 1993 in Poland on a scout trip (I'm a geek, I know), and at the age of 13 this was my first introduction to Genesis, and needless to say I loved it.
I have later bought a Genesis Greatest Hits cd, but I never ever listen to it, instead I listen this.
This cd is all about live atmosphere, and how much of an impact the crowd can have on the music.....and the music on the crowd. Its pure emotion both ways, and even people who normally don't like Genesis (like myself) will like this cd, and for everyone the least bit into Genesis this cd is a must-have.

Deficiency
Deficiency
by Andrew Neiderman

2.0 out of 5 stars The basic idea is ok, but it doesn't deliver, 26 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Deficiency (Paperback)
I am a crime and mystery fan, and bought this book based on the synopsis, not having previously read anything else from Andrew Neiderman.
Its hard to explain exactly what I didn't like without turning this review into a spoiler, but basicly the main character of the book, the murderer, who and what he is, is just not explained good enough to be even nearly believable.
And because of that, this book has no real underlining story, except of being a 370 page manhunt, but without any attachment to the characters a manhunt is never really that exciting.

The Way We Walk Vol.1: Genesis Live / The Shorts
The Way We Walk Vol.1: Genesis Live / The Shorts
Offered by swankers3

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats Genesis live, 20 Jan. 2006
This cd is all about live atmosphere, and how much of an impact the crowd can have on the music.....and the music on the crowd. Its pure emotion both ways, and even people who normally don't like Genesis (like myself) will like this cd, and for everyone the least bit into Genesis this cd is a must-have-

Sacred Treasures, Vol.3 - Choral Masterpieces  [IMPORT]
Sacred Treasures, Vol.3 - Choral Masterpieces [IMPORT]

3.0 out of 5 stars The next best thing to visiting a russian church, 20 Jan. 2006
If you are a fan of dark, male choir music sung within the unique atmosphere of an eccoing church, then this cd is definetly for you.
The general feeling which this cd emits can be overpowering at times, but at the same time it is brilliant for just closing your eyes and drift away.
The only negative thing is the sound quality, which isn't good on all the numbers. I bought this cd specifically for "Blessed Art Thou O Lord (Kiev Chant)", but this tune has the worst sound quality of all the songs on the album, and you can hear the microphone distort very clearly, making it very hard to enjoyed it when played very loud.

Tripper
Tripper

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud silence with a touch, 16 April 2005
This review is from: Tripper (Audio CD)
Efterklang is the danish word for reverberation and is a testimony to the classical background of some of the group members, but, despite this it is very hard to put a label on Tripper as it is both extremly electronic while at the same time very acoustic, clean and present.
Unlike any other music I own everything actually becomes more silent the louder I play this record, and with its very atmospheric, soundtrack like qualities it is perfect to just flow away to and I often use it for an afternoon nap.