Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Michael A. Clark > Reviews

Content by Michael A. Clark

Michael A. Clark "Mr. Hoboken" (Londonderry Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Under Stars
Under Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Collection Of New Songs! Brilliant!, 17 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Under Stars (Audio CD)
I received this CD today and what a brilliant piece of work. Amy Macdonald comes through again with a fantastic collection of new songs. Very good and upbeat rock and roll. The only not so good song, in my opinion, is Down By The Water. It's a rather slow and boring song but we can get past that. The rest of the CD is awesome. If you're an Amy Macdonald fan, this one is a must.

Tootsie Roll Bar 64 g (Pack of 12)
Tootsie Roll Bar 64 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm In Heaven!, 10 Feb. 2017
Tootsie Rolls were and still are my favourite candy. As a kid growing up in Hoboken, New Jersey, Tootsie Roll was the favourite of them all. I ate these like they were going out of style. But I now live in the UK and you can't find them here. Whenever I go to the states for a visit, I always bring back a load of them. I love Tootsie Roll and now that I know I can order them through amazon, I'll be ordering them more often. Tootsie Roll is one of the best American candies there is. I got my order today and I think I just died and went to heaven! :-)

Still So Far To Go - The Best Of Chris Rea
Still So Far To Go - The Best Of Chris Rea

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Compilation!, 8 Feb. 2017
I never knew much about Chris Rea's music. The only songs I ever heard was Fool (If You Think It's Over), I Can Feel Your Heartbeat, Driving Home For Christmas, which in my opinion is one of the better Christmas songs, and The Road To Hell. I ordered this double CD just for Heartbeat and I was actually quite surprised at how good Chris Rea is. There are a lot of good songs on this CD and well worth the money. It's unfortunate that Chris Rea didn't get the popularity he deserves. He's actually quite a good artist. I highly recommend this CD if you like Chris Rea. I'm glad I bought this one. I didn't know what to expect but I can honestly say that I was not disappointed.

Isn't Life Strange
Isn't Life Strange

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Version!, 17 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Isn't Life Strange (Audio CD)
I'm a hard core Moody Blues fan. Anything they put out whether as a group or solo, I buy it. I was quite surprised at John Lodge's single release of this song. He did a brilliant job and this single is so soothing as the flip side, Simply Magic. If John Lodge put out an entire album with mellow songs like this, it definitely would be a good one. It would be something you could totally relax to. So far there a 4 versions of this song. One is on the Seventh Sojourn album, a remake with an orchestra on the Moody Blues greatest hits, the original version of this song, 8+ minutes was a bonus track on the SS remaster, and now this single release by John. I would be hard pressed to choose which version is the best because they're all great versions If you're a Moody Blues fan, I would suggest this single release. It may be only3+ minutes but it's a great version. Very easy listening with a flute backing.

This Town
This Town

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Song!, 7 Nov. 2016
This review is from: This Town (MP3 Download)
I'm not a One Direction fan by no means, but Niall Horan has talent and, in my opinion, is probably the most talented of the group. Brilliant song but wish they'd release it as a single. Would love to have this in my music collection.

Santana IV
Santana IV

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Awesome!, 8 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Santana IV (Audio CD)
I've been a hard core Santana fan from the very beginning. I heard about this one from a friend of mine who praised it to high heaven. Of course I ordered it because it was Santana. I'm totally blown away! Why these guys ever broke up to begin with is beyond me. This is the original Santana line up with Gregg Rolie and Neil Shon who went on to form Journey. This CD is the old Santana back in action and as fresh as ever but with a more mature sound. The minute you hear a note or two from this, believe me when I say, you would recognize who it was right away. This is unmistakingly the true Santana sound. Every track on this CD is awesome. It's like they've been sleeping for the last 43 years and just woke up and picked up where they left off. There is one instrumental, Suenos, that I can compare to Samba Pa Ti from the Abraxas album. Beautiful track. I am totally blown away by this new recording. Very true to the Santana original sound. Glad to see the original line up back together again and hope they put out more fantastic music like this one. This is a definite must for any Santana fan. Unbelievably awesome!

The 1975
The 1975

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Brilliant Debut CD!, 16 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The 1975 (Audio CD)
I hadn't read any reviews on this one. I purchased their 2nd CD because of the reviews and was blown away by it and decided I'd give this debut a shot. So glad I did. This is one fantastic piece of work for a debut CD. Brilliant songs on this one, especially Robbers. This is a brilliant band with awesome songwriting skills and very talented musicians. I don't normally get hooked on a band at first listen, but this is the 2nd band I got hooked on at the first listen of their 2nd CD and had to purchase this one. Glad I did. This is some brilliant music and a change from the garbage that's out there today. Hopefully The 1975 will be around for a while. Awesome band and I definitely highly recommend both of their CDs. Guaranteed you won't be disappointed. I'm not. Finally, some awesome music!

I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it
I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 13 Sept. 2016
WOW! Where did these guys come from? I received this CD today and I'm totally blown away by this. Never heard of them until I heard "Somebody Else" on the radio. I was debating whether or not to buy this so I checked out some of the customer reviews. This is one of these CDs that I can't find the right thing to say, it's that awesome. I love music with use of a synthesizer and this CD has plenty of that. This CD is awesome for a fairly new band's second CD. For me, the only disappointment is the song "Somebody Else". The CD version sounds like a totally different version from the radio version. It's still a brilliant song and hope it's released as a single. After hearing this CD, I'm persuaded to buy the debut. This is a really fantastic piece of work. The vocals are brilliant and that lead singer has a great voice as well. I definitely recommend this one. This is brilliant!

Pure McCartney
Pure McCartney

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Compilation, 2 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Pure McCartney (Audio CD)
I was quite impressed with this compilation. I'd say 99% of the songs are brilliant. There's two or three songs that could have been left off and a couple others in their place. With a compilation like this I would have expected Junior's Farm and My Brave Face on this. But over all, this is an excellent compilation marking McCartney's career after the Beatles and if you want to get nostalgic, this would be a good one to have. I don't really have any complaints about it. If you're a McCartney fan, this is one that I'd recommend. Brilliant compilation!

Hard To Find 45s On Cd 16 - More 80s
Hard To Find 45s On Cd 16 - More 80s
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Collection!, 23 Aug. 2016
Another brilliant collection! I purchased this CD along with Volume 15. I can only repeat what I said in my review for Volume 15. There's only one exception but I can overlook that. I can't stomach Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats so "I Don't Like Mondays" could have been omitted and replaced with a better song. Other than that, this is another fantastic CD with a lot of brilliant songs on it. I had been looking for a couple of these songs but couldn't get them. As with Volume 15, I was reluctant to purchase this one but glad I did. A lot of good songs from the 80s and I highly recommend this one as well as Volume 15.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5