Profile for Michael A. Clark > Reviews

Content by Michael A. Clark

Michael A. Clark (Londonderry Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Give More Love
Give More Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Awesome!, 17 Oct. 2017
This review is from: Give More Love (Audio CD)
At 77 years old, Ringo has shown he still has what it takes. Although I haven't heard Postcards From Paradise yet, I would have to say that Give More Love is his best in a very long time. After this one, we can forget "Y Not" and "2012", both a waste of time in my opinion. Give More Love is an album laced with different genres of music. We have We're On The Road Again and Show Me The Way, two great rock and roll songs of which both were co-written by Toto's Steve Lukather who also plays guitar and keyboards on both songs. One song, Speed Of Sound was co written with Richard Marx. Although not a reggae song, King Of The Kingdom has a very reggae flavour to it. I'm by no means a country music fan but So Wrong For So Long is very country. I would be willing to bet anything that if this song was released on the country music charts, this would be at least a top ten hit for Ringo. Then we have Shake It Up. I'm sure a lot of us will remember the days of 1950s music and Chuck Berry. Shake It Up, when it first came on, brought me back to the days of Chuck Berry and reminded me of the scene in Back To The Future when Michael J. Fox was on stage playing a Chuck Berry song. Ringo did a remake Back Off Boogaloo and the Beatles song Don't Pass Me By. He also included a remake of Photograph which was originally written by George Harrison. If you want to hear a CD with the different genres of music, this is the one to get. Ringo has shown that he still has what it takes. I very highly recommend this CD. You won't be disappointed.

Live At Pompeii
Live At Pompeii

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 4 Oct. 2017
This review is from: Live At Pompeii (Audio CD)
Being a Pink Floyd and David Gilmour fan, I ordered this to keep my PF/DG collection up to date. I thought this new live recording by David Gilmour would be just like his other live recordings which I found to be dull and boring. But much to my surprise, this one is just totally the opposite. I received this one yesterday and have gotten through Disc 1 and was totally amazed at the energy in this CD. It's a fantastic combination of Pink Floyd and David Gilmour solo songs. If this recording doesn't have you up on your feet and wake you up, nothing will. I never cared for Floyd's Great Gig In The Sky so I just bypass that one. One Of These Days really impressed me. This song was originally the first track on Floyd's 1968 album Meddle. I was totally blown away by this live version. The original studio version has nothing on this live version. I was in the parking lot at the park at 9:30 last night listening to this CD. I had this blasting and you probably could have heard it miles away. Great tune when you're alone, in your car in the dark. I'm sorry I didn't see this concert for real. Judging by the songs and the energy eminating from this CD, I would venture to say the concert itself was awesome. This is one powerful recording. All you have to do is listen to the audience in this. I am absolutely blown away by this CD. I've heard some brilliant live recordings before but David Gilmour Live At Pompeii has got to be the best one I've heard. I don't normally by concert DVDs but after listening to this, I have to get the DVD now. I more than highly recommend this item to any Pink Floyd/David Gilmour fan.

Kaleidoscope EP
Kaleidoscope EP

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, 4 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Kaleidoscope EP (Audio CD)
I am very disappointed with this. Not impressed with the songs at all. Considering their last CD and this one, both disappointments, I think it's time they gave up unless they can come up with some good stuff like their X&Y and Viva La Vida CDs. I bought this because it is Coldplay and I have all their other stuff. I purchased it specifically for "Something Just Like This" and what happens? It's a live version. I don't like live recordings. I love this song but on this EP it's a dud. Hope they come up with something good soon. This is a very disappointing CD. :-(

KY Jelly Sterile
KY Jelly Sterile

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, 26 May 2017
This review is from: KY Jelly Sterile (Personal Care)
KY is the best lubricant around. It's safe and is water soluble. Safe in that after sex, you can wash it off and most bacteria goes with it unlike other forms of lube that are oily and don't wash off that easily. I always use KY. It's the best.

Gohepi Compatible Cartridge Replacement for HP 364XL Ink Cartridges, 1 Set+1 Black Compatible with HP Photosmart 5520 6520 5510 7520 5524 7510 6510 5515 5514 5511 5522 B010 B109a B110, HP Photosmart Premium C309 C310 C410 C410b B8550 B8850, HP Officejet 4620 4622 4610, HP Deskjet 3070A 3520 3521 3522 3524
Offered by Gohepi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 9 May 2017
Was in desperate need of replacement cartridges. Although these cartridges aren't HP, they do the job just as well. Only got an alert indicating they weren't HP cartridges but no problem at all printing. These cartridges work just as well as actual HP types. I'd order them again and if you need some excellent replacements, these are the ones.

Greatest Hits I & II
Greatest Hits I & II

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Compilation!, 7 May 2017
This review is from: Greatest Hits I & II (Audio CD)
I've been a Linda Ronstadt fan since Different Drum was released. Wasn't a hard core fan, but a fan. I never realized she had so many hits. This is one brilliant compilation with so many awesome songs on it. In the first week, I must have listened to this CD at least 10 times. It's that good. I highly recommend this one for anyone whether you're a Linda Ronstadt fan or not. You won't be disappointed.

Wonderland
Wonderland
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Their Best But Still Good!, 24 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Wonderland (Audio CD)
Not one of their best CDs but still a good set of songs. Giants is a good song and I liked it when it first came out. I think the best song on the CD is Lucky Stars. I'm hooked on that one. I think the only two songs that aren't that great are the title track, Wonderland and the last track, It's All For You. Still, if your a Take That fan, you'll enjoy this one.

The Afterlove
The Afterlove

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best So Far!, 24 Mar. 2017
This review is from: The Afterlove (Audio CD)
In my honest opinion, this has to be the best of James Blunt so far. There's something about this new material that grabs you from the start. I can't put my finger on it but there seems to be more sincerity and feeling put into this new material. Every song is brilliant. "Bartender" is brilliant with some good lyrics. I love the line "if we drink some more we'll fall in love again". If I had to choose a favourite from this CD, it would be a hard choice. If I really had to pick a favourite it would be Paradise. Usually on a CD the last track is a slow one to close out the CD but Paradise is a good upbeat song for a final track. Any true blue James Blunt fan will definitely enjoy this one.

Oxygene Trilogy
Oxygene Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 28 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Oxygene Trilogy (Audio CD)
Another brilliant addition to the JMJ collection. I first heard Oxygene 1 while walking through a shopping center in Norfolk, Va. passing a music store who had this album blasting. I was so impressed with it, I became a fan of JMJ and had to buy it. Then came Equinoxe, Rendezvous, Chronologie, then Oxygene 2. Oxygene 2 isn't as good as the first but is good. Now we have Oxygene Trilogy. This set is worth having. The 3rd disc is brilliant. I would say that some of the music on disc 3 could be used as background music in some Sci Fi or space movie. Dune comes to mind. In my honest opinion, the music on Disc 3 is better than the first two Oxygene recordings although all 3 are good. Since receiving this package a week ago, this is all I've listened to whether in the house or the car. I'm a big fan of Isao Tomita, the Japanese recording artist who, in my opinion, is the genius of genius of geniuses in electronic music. If I had to choose between Tomita and JMJ, it would be a hard choice. In my opinion, both are on the same level of genius. JMJ is a master in electronic music. What a showdown in concert between JMJ and Tomita. It would be an awesome concert. Oxygene Trilogy is a brilliant set and is worth having even if you have the first two Oxygene CDs. I would highly recommend this if you are into electronic music, especially synthesizer music.

Under Stars
Under Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Collection Of New Songs! Brilliant!, 17 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Under Stars (Audio CD)
I received this CD today and what a brilliant piece of work. Amy Macdonald comes through again with a fantastic collection of new songs. Very good and upbeat rock and roll. The only not so good song, in my opinion, is Down By The Water. It's a rather slow and boring song but we can get past that. The rest of the CD is awesome. If you're an Amy Macdonald fan, this one is a must.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5