Profile for GM > Reviews

GM (Scotland)

Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock
Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent unit but sound a bit poor, 27 Mar. 2012
Decent little unit if you want something a step up from portable iPod speakers and the DAB is good.

However the sound quality is pretty dreadful. Muffled and vague it is really a unit for people who don't really like music.

Wish I'd not been as tight and just saved for a Bose unit.

HTC P3700 Touch Diamond Smartphone
HTC P3700 Touch Diamond Smartphone
Offered by Fone-Central

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst phone ever IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE, 14 Dec. 2010
I could give an in depth review of the phone but having used it for 2 years thru work I will simply state that it is bloody awful, the worst phone I have ever used.

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE The list of infuriating quirks and faults is endless.

I bought an iPhone as my personal phone and the difference was simply incredible. Or get an Android phone. Avoid Windows Mobile like the plague.

Unfortunately we are being upgraded to the HTC Touch Pro2 which has all the same faults. Great. The company has not listened.

209 quid for this new! Still....jeezo.

Apple iPhone 3G 8GB SIM-Free - Black
Apple iPhone 3G 8GB SIM-Free - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone ever bar maybe the 3GS, 12 Mar. 2010
I got my iPhone 8GB 3G at Christmas just past, I really wanted a 3GS but couldn't justify the extra expense for a compass, video and slightly faster processor. In any case you can download a video recorder, compass etc for the 3G which I have done already.

Having used a HTC Touch Diamond from work for the past 18 months the iPhone was a revelation. The ease of use is incredible.

People say other phones do everything an iPhone can do. Perhaps, but the iPhone does it all so much better.

I remember getting a Nokia camera phone for the first time round about 2003 but once you had sent a text or taken a call there was not much else to do with it. The camera novelty wore off pretty quickly. The Nokia N97, only out in 2007 already seems like an antique.

With the iPhone you never get bored with it. There's email to check, Facebook to check, tweets to read and the fantastic internet capabilities mean the REAL internet is right there at your fingertips, easy to read and navigate. Your favourite forums and youtube videos ready to watch. You can read ebooks with Stanza and listen to your music with the built in iPod. Sky News videos and RSS feeds. The fun never ends.

I've even got Tom Tom Sat Nav on my iphone which works beautifully.

I've read people complaining about the battery life which is not great if you're using the sat nav or have the ipod on for several hours but for normal phoning, texting and internet use (and using a dimmed screen with wi-fi off) I've had 48 hours out of the phone.

The only real downside for me is the lack of flash capability which is the video format of most websites.

Simply put, an utterly tremendous device when used properly. Most people who complain about the iPhone don't deserve one as it is wasted on them, they have no idea what they hold in their hands - they'd be better off with just a phone. When you know what to do and want to explore its capabilities you realise it has no peers.

Emprex  BMP001 MediaBox with Card Reader and USB
Emprex BMP001 MediaBox with Card Reader and USB

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless if remote control breaks, 9 Mar. 2010
I bought this box back in July and it seemed to do everything I needed. It was not used very much but after a couple of months the rather flimsy remote control ceased to operate. I changed the battery but still it would not work. And then it dawned on me that the whole unit was goosed if the remote stopped working. I have emailed the seller to see about a replacement remote but they've not answered.Next stop Emprex. I have purchased a Sumvision Cyclone media player for my father-in-law instead of this one because it has controls on the box itself incase the remote breaks.

So beware the remote and be very careful with it.

Three stars because when it works it's fine.

Sony MSMT8GN 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2
Sony MSMT8GN 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2
Offered by Games.C

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, not fake, 4 Aug. 2009
Hi this product is not fake in response to previous reviews.

However, if you are using it on a PSP or camera then do not format it on your PC as you will only get 4GB of available memory due to the FAT32 formatting process.

Format the stick thru your PSP or camera to obtain the full 8GB.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2012 1:32 PM BST

Imagine
Imagine
Offered by roundMediaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Trance now has musical credibility, 24 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
This album, along with Solarstone's "Rain Stars Eternal" and OceanLab's "Sirens Of The Sea" should prove that dance/electronica/trance, whatever you wish to call it, is THE premier music style of this era. However, mainstream radio stations will probably just ignore it for lacklustre guitar groups and boybands as usual. Killer tracks on this fantastic album are "Unforgivable" and "In and Out of Love", brilliant vocals, lush production and NON cheesy lyrics give rise to hugely accessible music which is uplifting and classy all at once. Trance seems to be in a better state now than it was during the boom time of the late 90s early 00s. Perhaps less mainstream now but all the better for it. The producers and DJs are all older now with perhaps more worldly experience which is giving rise to less commercial lyrics and sound which has happily reduced the amount of commercial dross from the dance music scene. I've been in and around the dance music scene since the days of acid house so take it from me that this album is worth buying.