Profile for pollypodders > Reviews

Content by pollypodders

pollypodders

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 15 Oct. 2014
I'd seen the film before reading the book so thought I knew the story but this is far better than the film and give a far deeper insight from the view of the adoptive children.

Wedding Cake and Big Mistakes (An Adams Grove Novel Book 3)
Wedding Cake and Big Mistakes (An Adams Grove Novel Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice.easy.read, 4 Dec. 2013
Nice easy read. Love story with a who done it mixed in. Will definitely read another Nancy Naigle book soon

The Class Ceiling (A romantic comedy)
The Class Ceiling (A romantic comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 5 Nov. 2013
Absolutely brilliant. I can't believe this is a first novel. I simply could not put it down, reading into the wee hours desperate to find good place to stop, but at the end of each chapter I would find myself saying "just on more then I'll turn out the light!"

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 9 Oct. 2013
A gripping read. Hard to put down.
Amazing different 2 lives can be and yet how similar as well. I definitely recommend this book.

The Psychopath Test
The Psychopath Test

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 10 Aug. 2013
Funny, well written, hard to put down. It's the first Jon Robson book I've read. It won't be the last.

Bah, Humbug! (A Christmas Street Romantic Comedy Novella)
Bah, Humbug! (A Christmas Street Romantic Comedy Novella)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick easy read but predictable, 30 May 2013
Nice an easy to ready trashy novel. Very predictable but still had me reading until the end. Not bad for a freebie!

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 7 Jan. 2013
Hard to put down at the start. Got a bit slow towards the end but still a good read, my first on my kindle.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but brilliant, 23 Mar. 2011
Every baby I know owns a Sophie, and there is a simple reason why - Sophie is brillaint. Easy to hold, easy to make squeek, easy to chew, great for teething. If you have or are having a baby you NEED a Sophie!

The Penguin Dictionary of First Names (Penguin Reference)
The Penguin Dictionary of First Names (Penguin Reference)
by David Pickering

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but one small negative, 23 Mar. 2011
This book has a great mix of modern and tradional names. It has enough names for you to choose from without being to big to read them all! My only negative with it is that the girls and boys names are all mixed together, which is fine if you don't know what sex baby you are having but a bit annoying if you only want to look at one sex names! Overall, I'd recommend.