Profile for Bethany Millen > Reviews

Content by Bethany Millen

Bethany Millen "avid reader" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Belkin Verve Tab Folio Cover, Purple  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]
Belkin Verve Tab Folio Cover, Purple [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 May 2013
It Fits perfectly, feels nice and protects my kindle. What more could I ask for! It's also easy to detach when I want to use my reading light in bed.

Autumn Bridge
Autumn Bridge
by Takashi Matsuoka

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant second in the series, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Autumn Bridge (Hardcover)
I loved this book the characters were believable and very interesting and it was a great follow on from the last book. I would definitely recommend it.

Transparent Japanese Premium
Transparent Japanese Premium

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting the basics, 28 July 2011
I have used a couple of methods for learning Japanese but have never really stuck to them. This is great though as I am on my laptop nearly every day anyway so I can fit it in easily. I haven't gotten bored yet after a few weeks and it makes you go through words after you initially learnt them to keep them fresh in your mind. It might not take you to fluent Japanese but it will certainly give you a good starting point and for the price I think you get a good deal indeed.

Let's Learn Katakana: Second Book of Basic Japanese Writing
Let's Learn Katakana: Second Book of Basic Japanese Writing
by Yasuko Kosaka Mitamura

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Dec. 2010
I found this book very useful it broke down the katakana into nice easy segments and worked in new ones while keeping the old. The only problem was that I found very difficult to turn English words into Katakana though that is probably just me not quite getting it. It taught me more that just how to write them it explained how they are used and I found it very useful indeed.

Dexter is Delicious
Dexter is Delicious
by Jeff Lindsay

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Delicious, 5 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Dexter is Delicious (Hardcover)
This book really took a new turn and really is nothing like the series, I enjoyed every page and I hope there's a next one!

The Lone Samurai: The Life of Miyamoto Musashi
The Lone Samurai: The Life of Miyamoto Musashi
by William Scott Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 14 Oct. 2010
I really enjoyed the telling of Miyamoto Musashi's life I found it to be very interesting and the writer really drew me in. The only reason I have given this book 4 stars is because only half of the book was the biography and the other half didn't really interest me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2011 9:42 PM GMT

Yogi Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Curling Wand Zebra
Yogi Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Curling Wand Zebra
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

5.0 out of 5 stars Curly!, 14 Oct. 2010
This product is great for curling my hair. I have only used it a few times but it gives great long lasting curves and because of it's shape it allows you to create varied curl easily to make it look more natural. I was very pleased with this product. I usually get my sister to curl my hair as she has a better view than me and she found it easy, though she mentioned that the base of the curler got quite hot after a while so she had to put the glove on the hand that was holding it, she didn't find this to be much of a problem though.

H & L Russel Ltd Wardrobe, Taupe with Harvest Green Trim
H & L Russel Ltd Wardrobe, Taupe with Harvest Green Trim

3.0 out of 5 stars adequate, 31 May 2010
This was quite easy to assemble though I nearly ripped the lining when I but the bottom attachments the wrong way round but that was me not really checking what I was doing, because of this I cracked the plastic on he joints but luckily since I assembled it wrong I didn't affect it. So check when you assemble it.
The fabric doesn't quite reach the floor though this isn't much of a problem I just threw a couple of things into the bottom to hold it down so it's good for storage and as I've had it a while it's slowly sank down as the fabric has stretched. It's quite narrow which is good because my rooms quite small but it means some of my hangars are hitting the sides. I also I can't get access to the pockets because of the way my rooms arranged.
Even though I've said quite a few bad things I think this is still worth it it holds up my clothes and it hasn't broken. I only wanted something cheap so I wasn't expecting that much but it fits in my room well, so over all I am satisfied with my purchase.

Pokemon HeartGold - 3D Case Edition (Nintendo DS)
Pokemon HeartGold - 3D Case Edition (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 May 2010
I loved gold and silver when they came out and this has taken the best elements from them and added some of the newer things from platinum. The graphics are great and it's great that they remade them as my old gameboy broke so I was unable to play them. Me and my sister bought both soulsilver and heartgold and we have had great fun battling and trading, which is a lot easier on the DS than it was on a gameboy as you don't need to buy a lead. The pokewalker is a nice touch it makes catching some pokemon easier that are hard to find in the wild. I love pokemon and all the games and this has been in no way a disappointment.

Giotto Decor Textile Markers 12 Pack
Giotto Decor Textile Markers 12 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 1 May 2010
I bought these pens to colour in a cushion with a pattern already on it. The pens were great they didn't smudge and the only times I went out of the lines was when I was careless. I had to iron the cushion an awful lot because if I used two different colours right next to each other then they ran over each other but as that happens with most pens I wasn't too concerned, I just ironed the pen on and then it didn't run over. The colour was bright and harly patchy. These pens did just what I wanted while also being fun to use, I would highly recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2