Profile for Colin Whitby > Reviews

2 x Modern Slide Door Bolts in Chrome or Brushed Nickel 100mm Chrome
2 x Modern Slide Door Bolts in Chrome or Brushed Nickel 100mm Chrome
Offered by Doorweb

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bolts., 10 Sept. 2016
Good quality bolts, look great in a contemporary setting. Great value.

We R Memory Keepers 1-Piece 0.25 and .5-inch Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper Tool-Rounded

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 10 Sept. 2016
Great product, does exactly what it should do, rounds up corners. I use it for laminates and so far no problems, very easy to use. This product came directly from the US so can take a few weeks, well worth the wait, though.

TOOGOO(R) Fashion Mens Summer Outdoor Sport Baseball Hat Running Visor cap white
Offered by BoutiqueTrading shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Low cost equates to low quality, 14 Jun. 2016
This product is very cheap and the manufacture quality and materials reflect the low cost. It includes postage which is remarkable until you realise it has to come via a slow boat from China, arriving many weeks after being ordered. There is also some puzzling text on the front which does not seem to translate into any language - EWYUOQIDSDA QEWI (why?). It does not fit very well which again when you consider the cost is not surprising.

TOP-MAX® 2X NP-85 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery + USB Charger for Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 SL240 SL260 SL280 SL300 SL305 Digital Cameras
Offered by com2save ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This charger and batteries combination represents excellent value, 13 Jan. 2016
The charger works from any USB and has a useful charging/charged display showing when the batteries have been fully charged. It is very light and easy to carry.

The batteries work well in my FujiFilm Finepix S1 which shows the battery status correctly (many cheaper batteries are not compatible with cameras and do not show the battery status). The fact that this deal comes with 3 batteries is even better, ideal for long trips out when recharging can be a challenge.

Atlantis & Lemuria: The Lost Continents Revealed!
Atlantis & Lemuria: The Lost Continents Revealed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Atlantis and Lemuria - Your Questions Answered, 23 Oct. 2015
Over the years, I have often asked myself questions like ‘how could primitive people build such sophisticated structures as the Pyramids with such accuracy?’ or ‘why would people who can just about scratch a living from the land build massive standing stones like Stonehenge?’.

There are plenty of other questions that have, over time, led me to read some really fascinating books and material, some from the scientific community and some from an entirely different source, that of channelled information.

Probably the first book that really set me on the trail of channelled material was ‘The Only Planet of Choice’ where we heard from the Council of Nine. One of the fascinating spin-offs from The Only Planet of Choice was the Star Trek series as one of the key players in the questioning of The Council was Gene Roddenberry himself.

The reason for mentioning this is that I have been reading and witnessing channelled information for many years, in fact, I have been connecting with wisdom from ‘other beings’ myself in a similar way to Tom Moore, where he asks specific questions of his guides.

I have read many of Tom’s articles in the past and reviewed his excellent books about ‘The Gentle Way’ so for me it was not too big a stretch to find Tom asking questions about Atlantis and Lemuria of his guide Theo as well as Gaia (our planet Earth) and a number of other beings who were able to answer specific questions.

Tom believes that we will be given more detailed information if we ask specific questions. It requires some considerable insight into the many texts written about Atlantis and Lemuria to formulate the many detailed questions in this book, from Edgar Cayce to Zecharia Sitchin and from Greek Mythology to recent scientific discoveries. In this Tom was assisted over the last 7 years by many people from all over the world who posted questions for his weekly newsletter. Tom would then pose the questions to his Guardian Angel Theo (and others).

So 'Atlantis and Lemuria' has been a long time in the making which means there is a lot of information to digest. I found the book was suited to short bursts of reading that gave me time to assimilate some of the detail. You may even wish to review some of the many cross references to other material that are liberally spread throughout the text.

From these questions and answers we are given insights into how these civilisations lived, where they came from and perhaps more poignantly how they were destroyed. There are lessons for us all in that we too have weapons of destruction that could very quickly ‘sink’ our current civilisation.

If you have been drawn to find out more about these two so called mythical civilisations, the people who lived there, where they came from and if any of them survived to help build our current civilisations, then this is the book for you.

Number Woman: You will never look at numbers in the same way again
Number Woman: You will never look at numbers in the same way again
by Hilary H. Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars A real life adventure with the pace of a good investigative thriller, 5 Mar. 2015
When reading Number Woman it is easy to forget that this is a true story, the twists and turns of Hilary’s journey to discover her connection to St. Thomas A Becket and the places she visits have a ‘Dan Brown’ feel about them (especially when she visits the Vatican). She not only lives through numbers but when they guide her to distant places she uncovers all kinds of seemingly unconnected facts and only towards the end, like any good thriller, do we discover with her the true nature of her adventure.

Hilary uses numbers like we would use Google, when something is feeling a little strange she will look to see if there are any numerical signs to guide her. The fun thing is that the real Hilary is exactly like the one in the book, using numbers to connect events or information to great effect. Often she goes against her own thinking mind, bypassing the ego, to find herself living somewhere many of us would simply say ‘no, not there’.

When I first met her she was living in Watchet in Somerset where much of the action in the book takes place. At the time she had nearly finished her adventure but was still ready to leave at a moment’s notice if the numbers dictated. She had a feeling that she would be moving when she had been there 333 days – a number that crops up frequently in Number Woman (you will have to read the book to understand just how significant a number that is).

Another number that appears for Hilary is 11:11 and it was no surprise when she posted a Facebook picture showing the train timetable for the first train out of Watchet into Minehead, it departed at 11:11 every day. (interesting that now Hilary has moved from Watchet the train leaves at 11:14).

Recently I knew I had to contact her when just after I had the thought ‘I wonder what Hilary is doing’ I glanced at the clock and it was 11:11 – that meant, ‘give her a shout, something is up’. It just works that way.

I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did, it has the pace of a good investigative thriller yet tells a real life adventure.

New Life Stories: Journeys of Recovery in a Mindful Community
New Life Stories: Journeys of Recovery in a Mindful Community
by Hilary H. Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing from the heart Hilary takes us on a unique journey of hope, 18 Dec. 2014
I believe this book works on a number of levels, each one will find a home in you for different reasons. Perhaps you found this review through searching the internet for answers to a question, perhaps you read reviews before purchasing books to see what others have to say and maybe you have an unresolved issue that seems to be stuck with seemingly no way out.

There’s another level that Hilary is working with too, and that is following her inner knowing and writing from the heart about something that has quite clearly had a big impact on her.

As you read the stories you will soon become aware of the desperate situations that the people she met at the New Life Foundation in Thailand have been through, their descriptions are frank and open and leave nothing to the imagination.

So often our society discards people with problems, especially when they do not seem to be able to pick themselves up out of them (we judge so readily – they aught to…)

So it is heart-warming to know that out there somewhere is a place where people can go to learn they are loved and that there are ways of helping and being helped that can bring them out of their current situations.

Rather than describe the situations themselves I’d like to skip to the end of some of the stories to find the beautiful nugget of hope, the flowering of something new, encouraged and nurtured by this unique environment.

‘There’s a lot going on in my life at the moment, lots of difficult and challenging stuff. All that I have learned about mindfulness is helping me through it though. I try to remain present. Sitting with fear and anger instead of letting it spin out of control. I’m rolling with the punches with a slight Buddha smile. I still see 11:11 and every time I see it I smile because I know it is a wink from God’.

‘The biggest thing, the most important thing is what goes on inside us, not what’s going on outside. I have the power to change what goes on inside me. Looking at emotions in meditation and accepting them actually takes the power out of them. That’s the thing I’m learning here’.

‘I have learned so much about myself here at New Life. The main thing I have learned is that we are all looking for love but all we need to do is to break down the barriers that we build against it. The love is already there. I am now open to love and I’m not going to deny myself love. Despite the pain of the loss that I have experienced, I know that my blocks have been released so now I can love again’.

‘Alcohol had power over me. I realize that. I haven’t touched anything for 100 days, the longest I have ever done. I have reached this point and it’s a watershed moment. I can’t be complacent about it though. Complacency is my biggest obstacle, my biggest enemy. I need to stop myself going out and having a drink to celebrate the fact that I haven’t drunk for so long…’

At the end of the book are some simple exercises that describe Mindfullness and some techniques for clearing the mind which I found demystified meditation so that it is easy to understand.

The great thing is that Hilary is offering the profits from this book to the New Life Foundation to help them continue this wonderful work, so let’s all make this a best seller, order your copy today.

With Love,

Colin.

Black Leather Credit / Business Card holder
Black Leather Credit / Business Card holder
Offered by D2D Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, good design, 31 Oct. 2014
This credit card holder is very good value, it also has pockets that do not stick to your cards and have a window that enables easy removal of cards (many cardholders make it difficult to remove cards). Great buy.

Skechers Mens Go Walk Move Chase Athletic and Outdoor Sandals 53681 Black 9 UK, 43 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable shoe ever...., 31 Oct. 2014
These walking shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have bought recently, so soft and light you hardly know you have shoes on. These are ideal for long walks on most surfaces although I wouldn't use them in the wet as are not waterproof.

Flymo GardenVac 2700 W Electric Garden Blower Vacuum - Red, Black
Flymo GardenVac 2700 W Electric Garden Blower Vacuum - Red, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous model, very poor vacuum, 31 Oct. 2014
I bought this model to replace its 25 year old predecessor. Sadly this model is not as well made, the skirt adds no value and creates a down draught that blows leaves all over the place. The vacuum is nowhere near as powerful and barely copes with even the most modest workload. The adjuster in the centre vibrates out of its setting so you start off vacuuming and end up blowing... Sadly not the quality or functionality I was expecting.

The one good point which stopped this scoring just one star is the blower, it is so powerful it blows the chippings as well as the leaves. Over all a noisy and disappointing performance.

Page: 1 | 2