Profile for phil455 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apple iPod nano 2GB - White [MA004FB/A]
Apple iPod nano 2GB - White [MA004FB/A]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great MP3 Player, Only Some Problems, 15 Jan. 2006
The iPod Nano is a brillant MP3 Player, very small and easy to use. The sound quality is amazing. But it's very easy to scratch, especially the screen. So I bought a silicone case. Most of the skins don't protect the Nano's screen which is incredibly easy to scratch (I wiped the screen with my glasses lens cloth, and after wiping I noticed a scratch on the screen.) So I cut some plastic film and put it on my screen. So now my Nano is heavily protected. All in all the Nano is a great MP3 Player.

Trains to Brazil
Trains to Brazil
Offered by actionrecords

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular, 29 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Trains to Brazil (Audio CD)
This song truly defines the word 'awesome'. Everybody should listen to this song. It's weird and brilliant in it's own right. One of my favorite songs of 2005. Give it a listen and see what you think.

Clerks - 10th Anniversary Edition (3 Disc Special Edition Box Set) [DVD]
Clerks - 10th Anniversary Edition (3 Disc Special Edition Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brian O'Halloran

5.0 out of 5 stars Clerks is a masterpiece, 10 July 2005
I saw Clerks a year ago. I loved it. Kevin Smith's first and finest movie to date. The movie is about a guy named Dante who wasn't supposed to work on one day, but he finds out his boss is on holiday. So he has to work. This day turns into the worst day of his life. I wont spoil it for you, watch the movie! It's about time Clerks comes to R2 DVD. This 3-Disc Collector's Edition features the Theatrical Version of Clerks and the uncut version with a completely different ending. This DVD set is also jam packed with bonus features. Just buy the god damn DVD! I highly recommend it to Kevin Smith fans.

Trigun: Volume 1 [DVD]
Trigun: Volume 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Satoshi Nishimura
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Anime, 24 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Trigun: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
It's about time that Trigun gets a Region 2 DVD release. This anime truly rocks. Vash The Stampede is awesome and very funny. If you are a anime fan, you should definetly give Trigun a spin. I highly recommend this DVD to all anime fans!

Quentin Tarantino Presents: Hero [DVD] [2004]
Quentin Tarantino Presents: Hero [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jet Li

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Movie, Terrible DVD, 21 Feb. 2005
Hero is a fantastic movie set in Ancient China. The Movie is simply fantastic. Its a beautiful movie to look at. I would have given it 5 stars. But the DVD lowers the stars. There are not many Special Features. There is a inane interview between Li and producer Quentin Tarantino. And also as an extra feature special for this DVD, they have added a terribly dubbed version. But fear not, the DVD still has the original chinese (mandarin) track & english subtitles. In the end Hero is a great movie and definetly worth watching.

The Twilight Samurai [2004] [DVD]
The Twilight Samurai [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hiroyuki Sanada
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Film, 12 Feb. 2005
This film is brilliant, I highly enjoyed it. One night, I decided to rent it, I was thinking of trying new films, this was worth watching and I cant recommend it enough!

Led Zeppelin IV
Led Zeppelin IV

5.0 out of 5 stars Led Zepplin's Finest Album, This Rocks, 20 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite albums, it's perfect, all tracks are genious, I think everybody should listen to this. Pure heaven. Buy it, you wont be sorry!

King Arthur [DVD] [2004]
King Arthur [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Clive Owen

1.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Worst Movies Ever Made, 18 Jan. 2005
This review is from: King Arthur [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This film is dreadful, I can't believe I went to the cinema to see it. It's awful, the acting, the action, EVERYTHING!! Do not waste your money on this heap of junk, dont even rent it. It's awful. One of the worst movies ever made.

Way of the Dragon (Special Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Way of the Dragon (Special Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Lee
Offered by Digizoneuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Martial Arts At It's Finest, 2 Jan. 2005
Now, some years ago I wasn't intrested in Bruce Lee neither his movies. I watched one of his films years ago and didn't appreciate it. Now, years on I gave another spin to Bruce Lee by watching Enter The Dragon (Which Is Loved) Then, I bought the Bruce Lee 30th Anniversary Collection and I watched The Way of the Dragon again. Let me tell you, a few years ago when i said he was not good, I was very wrong. This movie is brilliant from start to finish. It has Drama,Comedy & Action. A brilliant story. This has the finest one-on-one battle ever commited to a movie, Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris which takes place in the Colliseum. This is top quality martial arts. If you love Kung-Fu flicks and haven't seen this, there is something wrong with you. This is martial arts at it's finest. Watch it now, and you wont regret it, trust me. -phil455

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - 2 Disc Special Edition [1966] [DVD]
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - 2 Disc Special Edition [1966] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, 27 Dec. 2004
Finally, MGM have released the 2-Disc Special Edition version of The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. I was very excited about getting my hands on a copy of the DVD. I finally bought it. I have to say, do not listen to the bad reviews this version of the DVD has had. This version has been fully remastered and the new soundtrack is even better! The new scenes with Eli Wallach and Clint Eastwood are very intresting. The 2 disc is great, has intreseting features. This is the version of the best western movie ever made you must own. Great release!
*Perfect (10/10) 5 Stars