Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit
Profile for Scattie > Reviews

Content by Scattie

Scattie (Europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Villa in Italy: Lose yourself this summer in this absorbing, page-turning mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars A "lose yourself" read, 4 May 2017
After a shaky start – not usually choosing to read a romantic novel – I became used to Ms Edmonson's style of writing, and gradually her characters, as the intricacies of their natures unfolded, grew on me. She had clearly done meticulous research on a great number of subjects, and I found myself thinking "I didn't know that" when one or other of her characters let slip a snippet of information.
The setting is glorious, her descriptives transport you to the terraces and allow the reader to become lost in the beauty of the place, hence the convoluted storyline took second place in my interest.
Although quite a long book, it had to finish somewhere, so finish it did but despite a fairly predictable and rather unlikely dénouement (costing it the 5th star) it left me wanting to know what happened next to each of these people I'd grown to like, and to spend more time in the peaceful surrounds of this lovely villa. I haven't missed a book, as I missed this one after finishing it, in a long time. I'm surprised it hasn't been televised yet – or has it?

Nioxin Hair System 4 Starter Kit
Nioxin Hair System 4 Starter Kit
Offered by SalonExpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Good seller, too soon to review product., 24 Sept. 2016
5 stars for the seller; it's too soon yet to tell if the product works for me, it did wonders for my sister's hair hence my order.
I understand that it'll be a couple of months before I can expect to notice any improvement, but after 2 washes my hair seems duller – we shall see!

The Seafront Tea Rooms
The Seafront Tea Rooms

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy holiday read, 8 July 2016
I hovered over the 3 star mark, but thought it unfair to the author who I enjoyed reading on the whole.
The book is well written, a comfortable and easy yarn but, really, the romance part took over towards the end and I almost didn't bother to finish it.
However, had I not, I'd have missed the delightful touch in the Author's Notes – the inclusion of some of the recipes!

The Litigators
The Litigators

4.0 out of 5 stars One to look forward to., 8 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
This is one of Grisham's great fun reads, in similar vein to Playing for Pizza and The Brethren. Well written as you might expect, and you don't get bogged down in too much legal detail as with other more serious titles.

Security: Jack Randall #4
Security: Jack Randall #4

4.0 out of 5 stars is the best of Mr Wood's 4 Jack Randall novels, 4 May 2016
This, to my mind, is the best of Mr Wood's 4 Jack Randall novels. It captures the reader from the start and never lacks pace.
But, well-written though his books in this series all are, this still suffers from the same grammatical error that plagues them all. I can't help but feel that a younger proof reader is at fault, both with this and other small slips (least instead of lest) as I can't believe that someone who can write this well would make this mistake.
There is no verb : " to Of ". "He wouldn't of..." is my bug-bear, and I note that so many young people write this, simply because it's sounds like that when spoken.
Rant over. Read it, if you want a good holiday book. But not if you're going on a cruise.

EasyAcc Premium PU Leather Samsung Galaxy S7 View Flip Case Cover Wallet Case Folio with View Window / Stand / Skin Pouch Pocket for Samsung S7 (Black, Slim)-Upgraded Version
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality build., 4 May 2016
EasyAcc is a classy company, I'm always happy to buy from them. Their cases are of good quality – I also have a Kindle cover – , they look good and last well (so far).
4 stars because unfortunately the window isn't large enough to view the "always on" screen because it moves down the screen in screen-saver fashion and out of view, but apparently you can choose to make it stay at the top so that it can always be seen.
I haven't succeeded in doing that yet, but the contact and help from EasyAcc is second to none.

Payback
Payback

3.0 out of 5 stars Raw, 16 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Payback (Kindle Edition)
I give this book only 3 stars because it really isn't the kind of writing I can say I enjoy. That's not to say it isn't well-written, indeed it is. All the characters are so well portrayed that you can almost see them as if you were watching a film. I just don't like them, and I don't care to read any more about them (my kindle asked if I couldn't wait to find out what happens to the Butler family – buy the next in series).
I bought it because of the rave reviews given by others, which are well-deserved if you like that kind of thing, but sorry, not for me. I did quite like the two "witches", they were amusing at times, but I found the content as a whole very uncomfortable. And yes, I did read it to the end.

EasyAcc Kindle Paperwhite Case Ultra Slim Cover Cell for All New Kindle Paperwhite 2015 300 PPI 3rd Gen / 2014 / 2013 / 2012 with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function, Protector Screen - Dark Red
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well., 16 Feb. 2016
I'd hesitated between a cover with a fold-back stand and this, but decided that for the price it wouldn't hurt to try this cover. It feels good in the hand, the front folds back easily and in fact can be used as a prop while reading in bed which is probably more useful than a stand as you can choose its position.
No problem with either the fit or the magnet in the folded back position.
5 stars for value for money, it doesn't look cheap.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Tight – and try not to keep picking it up during the night., 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
A well-written page-turner. I'm pretty good at guessing where a story line is going, but I didn't foresee this one.
I'll be buying more by Rachel Abbott.
When I've caught up on some sleep.

FLIPACASE® Black & Tan New Apple iPad Air 2 Case Cover (iPad Air 6th Generation, Release: October 2014) Premium Leather Wallet Case Cover. Compatible With Touch ID & Auto-Sleep & Auto-Wake Feature. Includes Screen Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars very good quality case which holds the Air 2 firmly, 14 Mar. 2015
As has been said, very good quality case which holds the Air 2 firmly. More bulky than my first case, and not possible to use in vertical form – I must have misunderstood as I'd thought that it could be used both vertically and horizontally so – no swivel.
Arrived very quickly, well packaged. Good trustworthy sellers. Very good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4