Profile for Stephen > Reviews

Content by Stephen

Stephen (Milton Keynes)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN Mini PCI-E Wireless Card 802.11a/b/g/Draft-n 533AN_MMW 2.4/5.0 GHz 450 Mbps

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful upgrade to type-n WiFi, 18 April 2016
Bought two of these to upgrade some ageing Dell Laptops. I now have 802.11n on all my machines. Seamless performance improvement, W7 installed everything as far as I remember. I chose this example because the newer .ac units are half-sized cards and my machine does not have the mounting points for the smaller cards, nor long enough antenna cables.

ARCTIC F8 PWM Rev.2 - Standard Low Noise PWM Controlled Case Fan
ARCTIC F8 PWM Rev.2 - Standard Low Noise PWM Controlled Case Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars My second Arctic purchase, 18 April 2016
I bought this fan to add a little extra air flow inside a closed and quiet mini-tower. The recently installed graphics card is passively cooled and I wanted some peace-of-mind. This fan makes less noise than the Cpu cooler, not sure if I can hear it at all (it is set to run at a minimum speed). It has a 4-pin connector and attaches to the usual chassis fan connector.

Vinnic Button Cell Size AG10 (189 389 LR54) 10 batteries per Pack
Vinnic Button Cell Size AG10 (189 389 LR54) 10 batteries per Pack
Offered by dEcolectrix

5.0 out of 5 stars I trust these cells, 18 April 2016
Great cells for products that use this type of battery. Text says Vinnic, graphic shows GP ?? Either is good.

Duracell Industrial battery LR6 AA(Pack of 10)
Duracell Industrial battery LR6 AA(Pack of 10)
Offered by NANAKI ENTERPRISE UK

5.0 out of 5 stars When you need longevity, buy Duracell, 18 April 2016
Genuine Duracell product, bought because they are obviously superior to some other brands, particularly when forgotten and left installed in equipment.

Skechers Men's Vorlez Conven Low-Top Trainer Black Size:
Skechers Men's Vorlez Conven Low-Top Trainer Black Size:

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy treads, 18 April 2016
This is my first purchase of Skechers shoes. I bought them because of the included memory foam insole. I am not disappointed, they are fantastic. A comfy fit and nice to walk in. Definitely going to get some more....

1m 2m 3m Flat Noodle Micro USB Long Colour USB Data Sync Cable Charger Samsung HTC Blackberry Pink Blue White Black Orange Red Yellow Purple Green By Digital Save (2 Meter, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking USB cable, 17 Aug. 2015
This cable is perfect. It fits as it should and allows charging with no problem. Exactly what you would expect.

KINGSO 6x E14 4.5W LED Candle Bulbs Warm White Dimmable Replace 40W Incandescent Bulb Lamp 3000K 400LM 3 SMD Chandeliers Wall Light Silver Shell

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite bright with a more yellow hue, and very affordable, 26 July 2015
In my quest to become an expert I am trying quite a few different LED lamps for use in my living room. I rate the lamps on three parameters; brightness, colour and operating heat. These are quite bright, and have a more yellow spectrum (warm...?) than I was expecting. Pretty good as a lamp.

They run hot. All the products I have tried with this style of finned aluminium heatsink heat-up during operation, after 30 minutes they are too hot to touch. Compared with a tungsten incandescent lamp they are about the same, but this heat does seem to kill the electronics after a while. Saying that this bulb is slightly cooler than some others and has survived for a month so far. If it keeps going that will be great.

Starlight C35 6w = 40w Clear Candle LED Light Bulbs E14 SES Small Edison Screw Cap 6400k Daylight White Energy Saving Light Bulbs 240v

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good buy, 26 July 2015
I have tried a number of LED lamps in the cause of finding any that can reliably replace a normal tungsten filament lamp. These (only running one bulb at the moment) seem to be quite good and have quite a bright light with a good spectrum. They run quite hot but not as hot as some other products and I am therefore hopeful that it will survive at least a year. Promising so far....

Philips E14 Candle LED Small Edison Screw Light Bulb (1 x 3.5 W) - Warm White
Philips E14 Candle LED Small Edison Screw Light Bulb (1 x 3.5 W) - Warm White
Offered by Dependable Trading LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent product from Philips, 26 July 2015
After such a long time trying to find an LED lamp that actually delivered against the claim of 20,000 hours I decided to go for a name that I trust. So far this looks like an exellent purchase. Two of these are installed in a high-use environment, the lounge, where they typically operate for at least 6 hours per day. One month and they are still running, so I think a few more will be employed in the lamp cluster.

There are two outstanding factors which make these lamps appealing. First, they are slightly brighter than some others with a good colour spectrum. Second, they run cooler, cool enough to be able to touch the lamp body without getting burned; after 30 minutes they are quite warm but still cool enough to handle.

They are a bit more expensive than some products. However I think they are proving that 'you get what you pay for'. Definitely a 'buy'.

2W COG LED Candle Light Bulb E14 SES Edison Warm White Colour, 30w replacement Incandescent Bulb Chandeliers Wall Lights
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better LED lamps out there, 25 July 2015
This unusual design caught my eye. It does not use a plastic lens for diffusing the light so I thought I would give it a try.

In use for a month and I think it is great, and I am going to buy some more for the bedroom ceiling cluster.
It runs cool, uses much less electricity, therefore I am confident that it will keep going for the expected lifetime.
It looks like a filament bulb and its colour is incredibly close to the tungsten filament lamp it replaced.

The only negative is that it is not quite as bright as some other lamps. It is comparable to a 30W filament bulb - which is fine for me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4