Profile for Mr. O > Reviews

Content by Mr. O

Mr. O (Worcestershire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Untold History of the Potato
The Untold History of the Potato
by John Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 3 Jun. 2012
If you are interested in natural history and how societies and cultures develop then you should definitely be reading books by John Reader. He writes in a clear way that includes all the detail you could ever want, but it is never dull.

Sony MDR-E10LP/PBLU - Fashion Earbud Headphones - Blue
Sony MDR-E10LP/PBLU - Fashion Earbud Headphones - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 May 2012
I got these headphones as a replacement for my apple earbuds which broke. The sound quality is really good for the price and I recommend them to anyone looking for a cheap but high quality pair of earbuds.

Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Games World Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wow..., 22 Feb. 2012
I've always been an avid player of racing games. I started with a PC version of Colin McRae 2.0 and then continued racing a variety of racing games including rally, F1, PGR and Forza.

I started playing the Forza series at Forza 3 and was instantly hooked. Forza 4, whilst it may initially appear to be similar, is not. The graphics are improved drastically due to a new lighting system, the physics are far more realistic due to the Pirelli tyre data it is modelled on, and a variety of other features have been implemented too.

This includes but is not limited to: the affinity system which is is much better than the FM3 equivalent, there can be user created online races and support for up to 16 players in a lobby online and the new 'Rivals' mode lets you find out exactly how good you are by claiming bounty's when you beat other players time.

As ever, the community involvement with the game is still amazing. They have recently implemented King of the Track, where each month a celebrity sets a time in-game which you can then try and beat, winning a unicorn car if you do.

If you are a fan of racing games and own an Xbox 360,you can not be disappointed with this game.

I'm With You
I'm With You
Offered by Amore DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: I'm With You (Audio CD)
People say that this album is not quite as good as their previous albums. I don't think this is true. The new guitarist (klinghoffer) has resulted in a slightly different sound to the band that has taken them in a new direction. If you are a true Chilis fan you will love this and appreciate what they are doing, remember,this isn't the first time they've had a genre change.

I saw them live in Sheffield on their I'm With You tour and they are still the amazing band they always were

It's Not Me, It's You!
It's Not Me, It's You!
by Jon Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: It's Not Me, It's You! (Paperback)
If you are a fan of his comedy this book will not disappoint. It is quite short but is one of the best comedians books I have ever read

DiRT 3 (Xbox 360)
DiRT 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, but quite easy, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: DiRT 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
The original DiRT is still my favourite game of the series and if you are looking for a rally game I'd recommend it. The graphics might not be as great as you are used to but the stages, career, handling etc are amazing. I'm not sure if the online system is still in place but it was so gripping at one point I was ranked in the top 50 in the world.

I therefore of course bought DiRT 2 and thought it was shocking due to its lack of rally stages, unnecessary fireworks throughout races and unstoppable motivational speeches from Ken Block that made you want to smash your face into a concrete wall. Therefore I almost never bought this instalment.

DiRT 3 is far, far better. It has a good variety of stages and events and the graphics are amazing. Gymkhana is fun at first, but just ends up being a bit repetitive. The other downside to this game is that it isn't challenging enough in the career. I ended up turning off all the assists and putting the difficulty on the highest level after about the 3rd race and was still consistently beating the AI. The career is of course just training for online. It enables you to unlock the cars and have challenging races against real people.

All in all, if you get this game make I'd sure you have xbox live or you might find yourself getting bored as the career is a bit too easy. (Or I'm just amazing)

Skytronic Shaver Adaptor
Skytronic Shaver Adaptor
Offered by Googlez

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as you expect, 27 Nov. 2011
In my student house there are no shaver sockets so I bought this to charge by beard trimmer. It works fine.

I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
by Steve Coogan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Nov. 2011
I'm a passive partridge fan and this book is just brilliant. You end up reading every sentence in his voice and laughing out loud.

Work! Consume! Die!
Work! Consume! Die!
by Frankie Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hilarious, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Work! Consume! Die! (Hardcover)
If you are a fan of Frankie Boyle you definitely need to get this. I saw him live last year and it was one of the best comedy shows I've been too. This book is the same style humour and it is great that he is still working, even if he won't tour or appear on panel shows again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 9:00 PM GMT

Parker Frontier Stainless Steel Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen
Parker Frontier Stainless Steel Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Pen, 27 Nov. 2011
This pen has a good light but strong feel as you write and is very comfortable for long periods of use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8