Profile for David J. Ponsford > Reviews

Content by David J. Ponsford

David J. Ponsford "DJP63" (Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
SODIAL(R) Lab Clear Blue Plastic 40 Socket 19 mm Diameter Tube Holder
SODIAL(R) Lab Clear Blue Plastic 40 Socket 19 mm Diameter Tube Holder
Offered by A Brilliant Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars it does a great job of that, 19 Sept. 2017
I use this to store my safety razors, it does a great job of that. I just wish I could get a purpose built razor holder that holds multiple razors.

Croydex Removeable Push-Fit Secura Spray with Universal Tap Connectors and Retaining Straps Suitable with High and Low Pressure Systems, White
Offered by Diy-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as what it is, 19 Sept. 2017
Found this very good, at first pushed the fitments on too far and it leaked badly. But by positioning it correctly no leaks and works well. Now I don't have high pressure water, so it's never going to be the greatest shower ever, but when you live in a rented property and can't afford or are allowed to fit a power shower, this does the job well.

QSHAVE 100% Best Original Pure Badger Hair Shaving Brush Handmade. Faux Agate Handle. Perfect for Wet Shave, Safety Razor, Double Edge Razor
Offered by QSHAVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good badger for a cheap price, 19 Sept. 2017
A really nice badger brush, it's very soft and it is more of a "painter" than a scrubber, if you understand what I mean. If you are looking for an affordable badger brush you could do a lot worse.

Monarch Double Edge Stainless Steel Safety Razor With Case
Monarch Double Edge Stainless Steel Safety Razor With Case
Offered by Vintageandyou

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my face,need leather skin, 13 Sept. 2017
You would have to be braver than me to use this, I had razor burn on my arm from one quick pass because it looked unsafe. It is too light to be stainless in my opinion. Two stars because the plastic case will be good for travel.

Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula, Lemon, 12 Fluid Ounce - Packaging may vary
Offered by Nature's Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Thayers witch hazel, 10 Sept. 2017
I love Thayers witch hazel, I already have cucumber and rose petal and this gives a lovely lemon scent. Brilliant for the post shave routine.

Miusco Men's Shaving Set, Safety Razor, Badger Hair Shaving Brush, Shaving Stand, Dark Chrome
Offered by Miusco

5.0 out of 5 stars it was a very nice simple box and I like that, 10 Sept. 2017
Where to start! At this price you can look at anyone of the items and consider the other 2 free.
Packaging A++, it was a very nice simple box and I like that, all items wrapped and brush and razor come with a pouch which I think is a lovely touch.
Stand good quality and weight.
Brush, as others have pointed out does have a smell, but that is true of my badger brushes too and that fades. Using my favourite soap I only smelt the soap. My soap recommends that you brush lather for 30 seconds, but it only took half that to get a good lather. It is smaller than my boar and synthetic brushes, but that's not a criticism, just an observation. Really happy with my first badger brush.
Razor, I like this, it's an aggressive razor in my opinion, but the angle is one of the easiest razors that I have to find. The head is low profile so easy to get under your nose. If this is your first razor then be careful because there are milder razors that would be better.
Conclusion, given that you could pay this price for any one of these things, it's incredible value. Originally I bought this to try a badger brush without breaking the bank as I have boar and synthetic ones. It's more than worth the money, and I would still have the same opinion if I had paid more for it.

WEISHI PVD BLACK Version Twist To Open Double Edge Safety Razor
WEISHI PVD BLACK Version Twist To Open Double Edge Safety Razor
Offered by WEISHI SHAVING

2.0 out of 5 stars Others perform better and it's not a razor I now use as ..., 25 Aug. 2017
A very mild razor that for me doesnt give a close shave. Others perform better and it's not a razor I now use as I had to use a second one for the final pass and to get a closest shave.

Thayer Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula, 12 Fluid Ounce, (Packaging may vary)
Offered by YMZ ENTERPRISE

5.0 out of 5 stars Thayer's is fantastic for after you shave., 25 Aug. 2017
This is my second Thayer's and it has a real cucumber aroma. I was surprised because I never felt that cucumbers had a particular strong aroma. I also have the rose version, both do an excellent job post shave and I got this so it would not clash with aftershaves.

Party Essentials - Set of 6 Test Tube Shot Shooter Glasses with Test Tube Rack - Mens Gents Women Woman Christmas, Secret Santa Gift Idea - One Set Supplied
Offered by Kenzies Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Review if you want something to hold your safety razor., 25 Aug. 2017
I use this to store my safety razors. It works really well for that, so I can;t comment on its intended use. Its solid enough that I am not afraid it is going to fall over or collapse.

Clubman After Shave Lotion 6oz Vanilla
Clubman After Shave Lotion 6oz Vanilla

5.0 out of 5 stars I used this today and its a very good after shave, 20 Aug. 2017
I used this today and its a very good after shave, my uneducated nose cant really pick out all the fragrances and I don't get an overkill of vanilla. But I do like clubman aftershaves

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8