Profile for Elaine Simpson-long > Reviews

Content by Elaine Simpson...

Elaine Simpson-long (Colchester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Medisana Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BU510
Medisana Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BU510

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing instructions, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very elegant looking piece of equipment on first sight and well packaged. None of the usual huge wastage in packing paper and boxes tht Amazon seem to be prone to. This monitor is being tested by a friend of mine who has to give readings to her GP following an operation so she was very pleased to be able to use it and report back. First thing we both agreed on was that it feels very heavy. After a few days she told me that the instructions were quite confusing and took her ages to sort out (this is a lady with two degrees so she is not dim by any means). She also had difficulty in getting the cuff to stay on properly and though it took a reading the cuff kept popping off. So she was not particularly happy with it.
She will use it again and see if it gets easier with familiarity and I will revise this review if necessary.

HoMedics Facial Cleansing Brush with Four Attachments
HoMedics Facial Cleansing Brush with Four Attachments

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not necessary, 17 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is another one of those pieces of equipment that are probably nice to have but not necessary. I have used all the three heads given, one very soft which is good for cleansing around the eyes and other delicate areas of skin. Then there is a medium feel pad which cleans the face nicely and then the harder one which really would be best for exfoliating dry skin.

Easy to assemble and instructions etc clear and concise but quite honestly, I got better results using my normal cleanser and then wiping off the make up etc with cotton wool or cleansing pads, or cleansing wipes.

Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Firm Body Moisturiser 130 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Firm Body Moisturiser 130 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried other products by this company and have found them very good and they really do work. Sadly, however, I had to give up on the eye cream as I found my eyes reacted badly to it. But I certainly noticed the difference in the lines around my eyes. This is a body moisturizer and therefore, keeping it well away from my face. I have to say right now that there are parts of my body that really are beyond any firming and so have concentrated on using this cream on my neck which is certainly in need of tightening up. I have been using it now for two weeks and can see a visible difference so very happy with it.

It is not a cream that soaks in straight away but needs a little massaging but feels cool and fresh on the skin. An additional bonus I have discovered - I have some marks on my legs left from midge/mosquito bites which are taking a long time to fade. I have been using this cream on my legs and the marks are fading which I was not looking for but it seems to be doing the trick.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 103, As If
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 103, As If

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have already reviewed this balm and this colour is much more suited to me than the last which was a bit neon! However, the colour is immaterial as I am going to repeat what I have said before, that this balm slides beautifully on the lips, non greasy, non drying and is a pleasure to wear. I will also say what I have said before, that I am a great fan of the products from L'Oreal and use their creams and cleansers all the time so am delighted with these great sticks of colour

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 204, Never Stop
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 204, Never Stop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balm, 1 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Balm I have had from L'Oreal and love it as much as the other one I have tried. Slides on the lips smoothly and feels soft and moisturizing, no dryness at all. This colour is incredibly vivid and not a colour I would usually use but I love it. It looks a bit bright for me at the moment as I have no tan and am white as a sheet and likely to remain so in the summer we are having. However, I am off to sunnier climes soon and think this colour will look great with a tan.

Love L'Oreal products

Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Travel Set
Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Travel Set
Offered by English Designer Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
How does one review this as it is Cath Kidson, it is a wonderful travel pack and comes in a neat little bag just perfect for hand luggage and looks and smells wonderful? Well that is it really. Review done! Great stuff

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 111, Go Pretty Or Go Home
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 111, Go Pretty Or Go Home

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I expected from L'Oreal, 27 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked this balm.

Smooth on the lips, non drying and feels light and fresh. Easy to apply and the colour is vibrant and stayed in place for some time. I also found I could use it as a blusher to put a pop of colour on my cheeks. L'Oreal is a cosmetic and beauty house I am very fond of and I use a lot of their products so will admit to being predisposed to like this and glad I did. Very hand to pop in the corner of your bag or whatever to whip out and apply when needed.

Not quite sure why it is called sexy though....

Five stars from me

Papermate InkJoy 550 RT 1.0 mm Medium Tip Retractable Ball Pen - Black
Papermate InkJoy 550 RT 1.0 mm Medium Tip Retractable Ball Pen - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
took a few minutes before the ink began to flow and then it kept drying up. I used this pen solidly over a few days to really test it out but was very disappointed with it. Perhaps I was just given a faulty pen, but I found it very difficult to write with and not easy at all.

Oral-B Smart Series 4000 Sensi Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

4.0 out of 5 stars No gimmicks or Apps needed, 15 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had an Oral B toothbrush for some years and find it efficient and works well. It was more or less worn out so was pleased to be able to review this Oral B Smart series but slightly bemused and amused to find that you can link this to an App which tells you all about your cleaning habits, whether you are brushing correctly or not and, best of all, tells you if you have exceeded the two minute brush time! I mean, do we really have time or the need to pull up an App when cleaning our molars so we know what we are doing? I know you an get an APP for anything these days, but really.

Apart from the above, I find this toothbrush excellent. It does go at a hell of a speed though so make sure you have it well in your mouth when you switch on else toothpaste flies everywhere.

A great product and no need of a gimmick, hence my taking one star off

Manuka Doctor ApiRevive Manuka & Tea Tree Antiseptic Gel 25 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiRevive Manuka & Tea Tree Antiseptic Gel 25 ml
Offered by Top brand cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooling and soothing, 13 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At this time of the year when I am out gardening I get a lot of bites which irritate and itch like crazy. I usually use calamine lotion to sooth but it does tend to dry the skin and of course after applying you end up with all these white patches. I have used TCP which is effective but of course has a very strong and obvious smell. I quite like it but it is a bit anti-social. I was very happy to discover that this antispectic gel works immediately at taking the sting and the itch out of a bite. This in itself helps it to clear up quicker as the urge to scratch vanishes. Very pleased with the results.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20