Profile for badshah.net > Reviews

Content by badshah.net

badshah.net "badshah.net" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
PVL Essentials 100 Percent Pure MCT Oil 1 Litre
PVL Essentials 100 Percent Pure MCT Oil 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars My current go to MCT oil, 7 Feb. 2016
My current favourite MCT oil. Used in bullet proof coffee, pre martial arts work practice. Also on mornings when I know I need my A game.

Pros
- Made from coconut oil, NO PALM OIL
- great packaging, easy to pour/ squeese out servings
- good price

Tip: If you're new to MCT oil, please go easy and build up. Many go hard too quick, resulting in very loose bowls and running awkwardly to the loo.
Also great for those transitioning to any form of low carb diet (Atkins, Slow Carb etc)

Absolute Aromas Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil
Absolute Aromas Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs modern day cosmetics, 7 Feb. 2016
Post shower, a drop mixed with a spoon full of organic cold pressed coconut oil. Then, all over my chavy chase (face), while still damp and my skin is sooooo much clearer and has been noted and commented on by the better half, along with the work colleges.

The packaging and delivery can not be faulted. I'll be restocking right here.

Note: On stressful bouts my skin does get oily, and zits form like when I was 14. The above routine keeps it all balanced and clear for me.

One last thing, it tingles when used, embrace the zing.

One laster thing: DO NOT USE THIS WITHOUT DILLUTING

Cartel Silicon Rubber Arrow Puller Midas Black
Cartel Silicon Rubber Arrow Puller Midas Black
Offered by Red Frog International Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's made to do. Pull arrows out of targets, 7 Feb. 2016
I fire bamboo arrows into a target. The kind with a multitude of thin rubber layers pressed together. I use a 45 lb draw, horn backed recurve bow. Result = very deep penetration of arrows.

On the rare occasion I shoot at a straw butt, same thing. Spent ages yanking arrows out bare handed.

I purchased this to help speed things up and reduce the risk of snapping any arrows upon retrieval.

Pros
- comparatively low price for an arrow puller
- does a great job for it's size
- key chain, makes for easy carry. Also small enough to not be felt in a regular pocket

Cons
- Not as effective as Gorilla Grip arrow puller, (but it is slimmer)

Summary
If you don't mind carrying something a tad bigger and paying more. Get the Gorilla Grip arrow puller.

Black Sheep Coffee - 227g Robusta Revival (Whole Coffee Beans) Single Origin Estate 100% Robusta Medium Dark Roast - for Espresso Machines and Grinder Maker, Large - Great Coffee Lover or Xmas Warmer Gift for Men of the World - Roasted Fresh in UK and Vacuum Bag Packed - Hints of Walnut and Dark Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Gram for Gram - Twice the caffeine and half as bitter., 17 Nov. 2014
I like the taste of a decently brewed cuppa jo, but that's not why I drink it. Like most people, I use it to kick start my day, and after lunch at work to wake me up during that midday slump. This right here does so very nicely indeed. Lower acidity then Arabica.... It just keeps getting better.

If you make Bullet Proof Coffee, this works a charm in that mix too. I'm no coffee snob, so not the right person to describe the flavour profile. Best to buy a pack and try the test yourself. If on the off chance you hate the taste (doubt it, as it's subtle), you can mix half and half with some Arabica beans. Or give them to a caffeine head.

If this is what ethical coffee from India is like, keep it coming.

Fellowes Powershred M-6C Cross-Cut Personal Shredder - Black
Fellowes Powershred M-6C Cross-Cut Personal Shredder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Paper free life, 6 Oct. 2014
Sits next to my PC, and Scanner.
Take letter etc from in tray, scan, shred. Works a charm.
When the bin is full, I empty it into the compost bin. Then one quick line of Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml bottle and we're good to go.

Ikea - 15x Frakta Blue Large Bags - Ideal For Shopping, Laundry & Storage
Ikea - 15x Frakta Blue Large Bags - Ideal For Shopping, Laundry & Storage
Offered by REMI DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars They're the real deal., 6 Oct. 2014
Arrived swiftly, being used for all sorts.

C100 Configuration unit and headset/handset switch
C100 Configuration unit and headset/handset switch
Offered by Lucem Direct Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes headsets work on Cisco Phones, 11 July 2013
I purchased x3 of the TH100 Professional Telephone Headset for team mates in the office. They didn't work when plugged into the work Cisco phones.

I emailed the company, hey replied (very fast). Advised to purchase this unit, as Cisco do not wire their headphone sockets as per industry majority. I paraphrase, but that was the gist of their email.

So I ordered one, tested the headset through this, flicked the two switches under the cap on the device while on a test call to a college and eventually the headsets work very well. Took about 2 minutes to set up.

TH100 Professional Telephone Headset
TH100 Professional Telephone Headset
Offered by Lucem Direct Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware Cisco Phone Users, 11 July 2013
I work in a team which makes and recessive regular customer calls. Not as much as a sales person, but enough for me to decide all officers (x3) will get a head set to plug into their existing Cisco IP phones.

This headset did not work. I emailed the company (email stated in product manual) and I received a response in minutes. I was informed Cisco and an X (can't recall the other brand) do not wire their headset ports as per industry norm. I will require the C100 Configuration unit and headset/handset switch.

I ordered one configuration unit, and after testing the headset worked fine. So I ordered 2 more and now all 3 officers love using the headsets.

If you'd like to purchase this headset it's worth dropping them an email first to make sure they're compatible without the configuration unit for any phone you currently have or plan to purchase.

Note on head sets in general: THEY'RE AWESOME. If you sit at a desk for work, use a computer and need to use the phone at the same time. Get headsets, it makes for a much more effective work environment.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but very nice display, 29 May 2012
As part of my zone 0 project I wanted to reduce my water consumption. So I searched Amazon UK for a fancy water timer.

In the box we have the timer, instructions, a plastic bag marked with increments of volume in litres and gallons and a lanyard (no idea why)

Simple enough to set up. The timer counts down 10 seconds while you fill the bag at full throttle. Stop the water at 10 seconds when you hear the beep.

Check the side of the bag and input the amount filled into the timer.

You can set the number of minutes you want the timer to bleep at. E.g after 10 minutes it will beep.

Pros: very nice display. Running total of water used during shower. Read out in litres, gallons or U.S gallons. Adjustable time limit.

Cons: pricey for what it is, the lanyard is pointless, the bag isn't needed any measuring jug would do the same.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Three Cups Of Tea
Three Cups Of Tea
by Greg Mortenson

5.0 out of 5 stars One man who became the change, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Three Cups Of Tea (Paperback)
This is one of the first autobiographies I audio booked about 4 or 5 years ago. I was truly moved by what this man endured and did for a cause he truly believes in. And bigger then that he feels it is a solution to many global problems. The audio book is very well read, and I was immersed in Greg's life, as the reader continued.

I hope the Stones into Schoolsis just as intriguing and motivationally moving.

As a Muslim male born and brought up in U.K I'm always curious when I come to hear of western aid/ charities operating in this region of the world. But this book sheds light on the motive and method of Mr Mortenson. I can't really judge the effects of these schools as I'm not in that region. But I can not fault the theory and efforts of this man.

NOTE: For those ridiculing this man for taking a paid wage, and coming back to the U.S to rest up and meet family. I think we should keep in mind, that if we are to set a positive example for others to follow. Then it's important that it's easy to replicate it and allows others to also visualise themselves doing similar projects. This man deserves his $60-120k a year or whatever amount it is, far more then any investment banker/ career politician/ athlete or other such profession which is highly paid in ratio to the educators/ medical/ food producing workers of that society

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4